Ren

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
      • Total Posts: 3515

*dragon storms into room and melts all the chairs* You talked about Star Wars without referring to me!? @daeus, I was thinking about letting you off easy, but now…I’m going to have to think about it 😉
      Sorry everyone, but as the biggest nerd ever, I had to make a list of everyone in the Star Wars 7 movie. Here goes!
      -BB8- I’d have to say that he was my favorite character. He was funny, loyal, incredibly brave and almost a little pesky.
      -Hux- My main thoughts on him are that he’s a bully and insane. I agree with you, @kate-flournoy ?
      -Finn- Besides BB8, I think that Finn deserves the title of ‘MC’, the star of the movie. His character was well-rounded and indepth. His life-changing decision was not only, well, life-changing, but also unexpected for a Storm Trooper. His motivations were true; wanting to hide from the First Order but also to save with his friend, Rey. When she was captured, he would not let anything get in his way, including the fact that he was in sanitation. 😀
      -Rey- Her backstory, although not entirely revealed, causes me to think to my limits. Who were her parents? I think that there were some fore-shadowing moments in the ‘Force Awakens’. Her home was an X-wing. She had a pilot helmet and even an X-wing pilot doll in her home. What does that mean about her past, or does it mean anything at all? Also, how on earth can she use the force? Where did she hear about Jedi mind tricks? Snoke wants her…AHHHH!!!!!
      -speaking of Snoke- He’s the one who really intrigues me. Who is he really, and what does he want with Rey?
      -Poe Dameron-He is valiant, an extreme pilot and always willing to help a friend. His character was well done.
      -Han- On this one, I have to agree with Kanji Klub–he’s out of his element.
      I left the best for last–Luke Skywalker– His appearance at the end of the movie was fantabulous. It was awesome to see him again in another movie! But what I noticed was a look of disapproval on his face at the end. The camera stayed on his face for a good long while. He almost looked angry, disappointed, confused, frustrated. Why??? I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen!!! Help me Episode 8, you’re my only hope…

Well, I’ve finished boring you all now. Daeus, I’ve decided not to stone you, so you should be happy about that.

@kate-flournoy
      @winter-rose @his-instrument

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anne Swiftblade
      @anne-swiftblade
        • Total Posts: 84

Since Episode 7 has come out I have seen it maybe four times. In that time I have looked at the story line of both this movie and its predecessors. I must say I agree with all of you on the new characters. However *clears throat* I dissagree with one thing. It’s not really important but I feel it would have made Kilo THAT much better.

I think they should have waited just a little longer on revealing the villan’s face. Personally I thought a good time to do it would have been when he removed his mask to speak to his father. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal but let me hear your thoughts. If you’re willing.

Also I loved all the little things they threw into the movie from the original Star Wars trilogies. The one liners and comments were fantastic!

Over all I can’t wait for Roug One and any answers Episode 8 will give!

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

Ugh @Dragon-Snapper I can’t stand Snoke. *shudder* I’m glad you find him intriguing, though. The more you find intriguing, the more you have to look forward to. 😉

@Anne-Swiftblade
          that would have been neat too… revealing his face just then. But then you might have an overbalance of mystery. Not to mention we only really start getting seriously attached to him once he removes his mask, and if we didn’t have that bond going in to the Han Solo scene I don’t think it would have been as powerful. For one, we wouldn’t be equally torn between both sides, and two, we would still be getting over the shock of seeing his face, which would drown out all the beautiful emotional depth.

Man, that would have been neat though… too bad we can’t have it both ways. 😛

Hannah R.
          @his-instrument
            • Total Posts: 229

@daeus @bluejay @Dragon-Snapper @Anne-Swiftblade @Kate-flournoy
            Who else thinks that Rey is somehow related to the Skywalkers? I mean, the Force seems to be hereditary (since it has to do with mitichlorians in the blood, even though it really stinks that the entire Force hinges on these little living things in the blood). Is it possible that Luke could have married somewhere between Episode 6 and Episode 7, and he and his wife were the ones who left Rey on Jakku? That’s a bad theory. Sorry. How cliché would that be? Anyway, just wondering what y’all think.
            My sister and I really want Kylo Ren (Ben Solo) to have a younger sister, equally strong with the Force, whom he cares about more than anything else in the world, but for years he’s thought she is dead, and when she searches for him, finds him, and asks him to join the Light Side, it shakes him up even more– especially when Snoke commands him to get her out of the way as he did Han. Maybe he makes a different choice this time… Or not… Or, as one of you suggested, he strikes out on his own and becomes a powerful independent party. Just thinking. 🙂
            At any rate we should all write to Disney and ask to take over Episode 8. “Don’t you worry about a thing, George Lucas– we’ve got this one.” 🙂

YA Fantasy Writer
            Obsessive Character Namer
            Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

Yeees, we totally need to do this for Disney. Kingdom Pen shall take over the galexy!

I didn’t know that the force was in the blood. Huh, I wonder how Anakin got it then.

As I’ve said, I hope Rey remains a nobody, but she probably is the daughter of some Jedi and I guess Luke would be the obvious one. Though I wouldn’t prefer that, I do have to admit, it would open up some neat opportunities as she and Luke will be interacting in the next episode.

Maybe she could be the grand daughter of Obi Wan 🙂

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper

So, are you saying Obi-Wan got married? (@daeus)

@Hannah-c
                I do think that Rey is somehow related to the Skywalkers, we just don’t know how yet, (obviously). Oooh, what if Rey was Kylo’s younger sister and that’s why Han was being so nice to her and all? And what if…ah!!! Strike out and your path to the dark side with be complete, and together we can rule the galaxy!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy
                  • Total Posts: 3976

Okay. Who’s calling Disney to lobby for us? 😛

Honestly @His-Instrument, I’m torn between Luke and Han as Rey’s father, though I don’t really like either choice. It seems to have been hinted that Han is (in the words of Kylo Ren, ‘… you think of him as the father you never had. Ha. Believe me, you would be disappointed.‘) but her backstory doesn’t fit with Han’s and/or Ren’s. I don’t want her to be Han’s anyway, because even though she could work well as Ren’s ‘little sister’ I’m jealous and I want Ren to be Han’s only child. I know. I’m so spoiled. 😛
                  Also, Jedi aren’t supposed to get married. :/ That didn’t stop Anakin, but though I never particularly cared for Luke I thought better of him than that.
                  On the other hand, Rey could have gotten the force from Leia… *sigh* There are so many options. I can’t decide. 😀

Hannah C
                  @hannah-c
                    • Total Posts: 362

@draggon-snapper haha somehow I got tagged for this. *raises hands* I am the most clueless person on this topic that grew up in a house of boys who loved Star Wars. I think you probably meant @his-instrument. XD

HC

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper

@hannah-c Oops…sorry about that…heh heh.

@his-instrument
                      , whatever I said in my last post on this topic, I meant to be referring to you. Sorry about that.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Hannah R.
                      @his-instrument
                        • Total Posts: 229

Yeah, @kate-flournoy, I don’t think Rey should be Luke’s daughter. Although it would explain a few things. Maybe he left her at Jakku because he was afraid that if she knew about the Force, she would turn to the dark side, like Kylo did.

@daeus
                        , did you ever see episode I? That’s where they revealed the whole Force-is-in-the-blood thing. It was the most disappointing thing in the world. I mean, really, guys, the Force is because of bacteria that live in the blood? I don’t know. That just makes it seem so pathetic, somehow. And in episode I, Anakin’s mother says, “He has no father. I cannot explain what happened,” when asked about Anakin’s father. So either that means something miraculous took place or something scandalous took place– I couldn’t figure out which.

@dragon-snapper
                        I don’t think Rey could be Kylo’s sister. I don’t know, but I feel like that would be a little repetitive (like Luke and Leia and every other long-lost sibling team in the history of movie making). But it would still be cool. Actually, I look a little bit like Kylo Ren, so not only am I going to offer to rewrite their script for them, I’m going to cast myself into the movie. 🙂 And all of you, too. We’ll be the awesome team of writer-Jedi whose pens are mightier than the lightsaber.

YA Fantasy Writer
                        Obsessive Character Namer
                        Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Daeus
                        @daeus

@his-instrument Yeah, I’ve watched episode 1. It’s just been a while.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper

@his-instrument It would be repetitive, yes, but think about all the things that are laterals to the A New Hope as well. Poor MC on desert planet helps people who are on the run from oppressive government. The old guy dies. The MC from desert planet learns to use the force. I mean really, it seems like they took the first script and switched it around a little bit, doesn’t it?

@daeus

@kate-flournoy

@winter-rose
                            @anyone else on this topic

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
                            @daeus

Plus both Rey and Anakin were mechanics.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper

@daeus
                                And Luke could count as one as well. In addition to that, they are all pilots. So the three first episodes of the three Star Wars trilogies tie in together…oy. Episode 1: the Phantom Menace Episode 4: A New Hope and Episode 7: the Force Awakens.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Alia
                                @alia
                                  • Total Posts: 1253

While I like Ren, i would have to say that he has nothing on Grand Admiral Thrawn. He is my all time favorite villain.

WIP - Decisions
                                  Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 242 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >