Removing the ads

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί General Site Info β€Ί Questions and Support β€Ί Removing the ads

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Hoven
    @sarah-h
      • Total Posts: 669

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but would you please prayerfully consider removing the advertisements?

Sarah Spradlin
      @spradlin
        • Total Posts: 189

Hi, Sarah!

Thanks so much for posting!

Right now, the ads are one of the only ways that we can have an income. It takes a lot of money and time to keep KP going. We hope to eventually not need to use advertisements as much, but that means that other products are going to have to increase. (Like the store!)

Are there any ads in particular that are bugging you?

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

Ads? What ads? I thought those got taken down a long time ago. Am I the only one not seeing these?

By the way @spradlin, has KP ever thought about signing up for affiliate programs to advertise writerly resources (books, courses, etc)? That might be another income stream.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Sarah Hoven
          @sarah-h

@spradlin- Thanks for getting back to me. The only reason I asked was that my parents don’t like me going on sites that have ads, and I was afraid I wouldn’t be allowed to go on here anymore. But that isn’t the case, thankfully. Every once in a while, the big ad along the side of the forum is inappropriate, but I totally understand if you need to keep it. I know it can be expensive to keep a website running.

Sarah Spradlin
            @spradlin

@Daeus β€” Yes! You should be seeing ads in the side-bars and I think occasionally embedded in the articles. The ads are part of affiliate programs with different sites. We’re working on developing that more and more. Do you have any tips or ideas for different affiliate programs?

@sarah-h
              β€” No problem! I actually had an ad just like that pop up on the side-bar when I viewed this topic. We’re going to try and see if we can refine what is permitted. The adsense stuff is supposed to be based on search history/views and whatnot, but some ads use bogus tags and things to try and sneak in. But I’ve mentioned it in the group and we’re going to work on tightening the security a little more so that it doesn’t happen frequently if not at all. One thing you can do is click on the little β€œx” in the top, right-hand corner and flag the ad as inappropriate and that discourages the same ad/ or a similar ad from appearing again!

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

@spradlin Nope, not seeing them. Sorry, I guess you’re earning nothing off me ? I wonder if I have any software that is doing that.

I only really know of one affiliate program you might look into, and I don’t know anything about it but the name. It’s this thing http://www.self-publishingschool.com. I think they pay really well (If I remember correctly, $11 for whoever takes their course that you referred), but I’m not entirely sure what all they do.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Sarah Hoven
                @sarah-h

@spradlin- Thank you so much! I will do that.

Sarah Spradlin
                  @spradlin

@sarah-h β€” Glad to be of service!

Amanda Fischer
                    @wordfitlyspoken
                      • Total Posts: 79

This is kind of unrelated to the original topic, but Sarah, have you tried using AdBlock? https://adblockplus.org/ My family uses it and it’s really helpful.

Sarah Hoven
                      @sarah-h

@wordfitlyspoken – Thank you! I’ll have to check that out.

Sarah Hoven
                        @sarah-h

@wordfitlyspoken – It works! Thank you so much! My parents are very happy, too. πŸ™‚

Amanda Fischer
                          @wordfitlyspoken
                            • Total Posts: 79

Awesome! I usually forget ads even exist now, haha. Glad you like it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >