Reader Behavior Survey

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Publishing & Platform Reader Behavior Survey

• This topic has 72 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Daeus.
Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Julia R.
    @julia-r
      • Total Posts: 81

@Daeus: amylynn9@live.com here you go! Tell her you’re a friend of Hannah and Julia R., with whom she has had dinner with and sent 19th century letters to, and maybe she won’t be weirded out. She’s a pretty easygoing person, so you should be fine. I’m sure she’d be happy to share your survey! And if she’s not, then, well, it was worth a shot.

Audrey Caylin
      @audrey-caylin
        • Total Posts: 323

@daeus yeah, that self-promo thing is tough =P I think it would be a good idea to contact the admins. Since it does seem like Young Writers Workshop and Kingdom Pen have a little partnership thing going in some places, it might be alright, but I don’t know the details.

Regarding Go Teen Writers, contacting them about a post would probably be the best idea. I don’t think they’re explicitly Christian, but I know that several of the authors who run it (like Jill Williamson), are Christian authors.

Also, I could do a post about the survey on my blog. I don’t have that many followers, but I guess it would be a start.

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@audrey-caylin True, we are partnered. I guess I’ll go talk to them about it. Thanks for the info about Go Teen Writers.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Darik Swisher
          @gideon-sowdon
            • Total Posts: 58

Can anyone make sense of this?

If you are writing for the sole purpose of making an audience happy, I suggest copywriting for advertisements and similar. Or technical writing for a company in need of manuals, product flyers, etc.
            Besides having a specific audience where you know exactly what’s expected of you (i.e., the guy who ordered the text), it’s the only writing that will earn you any kind of money in the long run.

As for that other kind of writing: That’s not how it works. Good luck!

this was a reply i got on librivox.

Daeus
            @daeus

@gideon-sowdon Kind of, I think…… It seems that he’s suggesting that the only type of writing really worth doing is a gig type thing where someone needs sales text and you provide it. …Which is really weird for someone on librivox. The part “as for that other kind of writing: that’s not how it works. Good luck” makes no sense to me, unless he’s saying you can’t assume you know what a fiction reader wants which is not only a very strange statement but very strangely worded.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Darik Swisher
              @gideon-sowdon
                • Total Posts: 58

@Deaus A few people have seen it on Librivox.
                Views: 99
                Replies: 3 (one of them was me, one was above mentioned and one was, “this was very interesting, thank you for sharing!”)

Daeus
                @daeus

@gideon-sowdon Nice. Thanks for sharing.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

ClaireC
                  @clairec
                    • Total Posts: 628

@daeus, I’ve been in contact with Katie Weiland (https://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/) a few times about writing questions, so I wrote and told her about it. She has not only taken by put it on her twitter page. 🙂 Awesome job, by the way. Katie said it was very well put together.
                    https://twitter.com/kmweiland?lang=en It’s about halfway down the page. 🙂

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Daeus
                    @daeus

@clairec Wow! Super thanks. Katie’s been my #1 writing mentor, so that feels pretty awesome.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

ClaireC
                      @clairec
                        • Total Posts: 628

@daeus. Yep, I’d have to say she’s my #1, too. 🙂 I thought it was really nice of her to say yes. And it does seem rather awesome, doesn’t it. 😉

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Hannah Carmichael
                        @watersnail
                          • Total Posts: 14

Sorry I’m so behind on this @Daeus I’ll go ahead and post the link around a few social meidias(Including OYAN ) probably tomorrow or so.

Rachelle
                          @rachelle
                            • Total Posts: 63

@daeus
                            You think someone who runs Go Teen Writers would be interested in sharing it on their site maybe? Didn’t read all the posts before this one, so I dunno if this has been suggested already or if you’re still looking for answers at all. =P But whatever.

Daeus
                            @daeus

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that the Reader Behavior Survey has now been taken by 226 people. It’s moving along! I’m just going to let it run for a week or two more and then I’ll do the analysis.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >