@random person

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vanna
    @vanna
      • Total Posts: 48

So I’ve posted a couple of replies, and sometimes when I type in a person’s user name beside the @ sign it turns blue but other times it remains grey. I couldn’t get some user names that involve more than one word to turn blue. Is is a private user setting that keeps the like that or am I typing it wrong.

Also, some of my posts have an edit option above them and other don’t.

Thanks for the help!

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@vanna That’s cause not everybody uses their name for their tag. It’s like twitter if you’ve ever used that. Everybody has a name that they go by, but they also have a name that they use for a tag. To get their tag, click the blue text below their picture profile (that’s their name) and it will bring you to their profile page. There, right to the right of their profile picture is their tag (that’s the @thing). You can just copy that, go back to your post, and then paste it in. After a while, you will remember most people’s tags and can just write them in.

As for why some of your posts don’t have an edit, option, unfortunately, I’m not sure.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Vanna
        @vanna

@Daeus Thank you for your help! I think I’ve figured out the @ sign now. And now the one post I was able to edit isn’t letting me anymore. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to do a triple-proof read until it works itself out. 🙂

BlueJay
          @bluejay
            • Total Posts: 1622

As far as I can tell @vanna you only have a short amount of time to edit a post. If you leave the conversation or someone else posts a new comment, you won’t be able to fix up mistakes.

Hope Ann
            @hope
              • Total Posts: 1092

Yes…I think it’s half an hour and then you can’t edit the post anymore. I’m not sure why it’s like that, but it is.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Faith Kindred
              @faithdk
                • Total Posts: 139

Yes, I agree with them, @vanna. Except I don’t think I get a whole 30 minutes though, @hope… maybe I do though 😛 It could just be that someone always replies within a half hour and I just don’t pay attention. Haha!

Vanna
                @vanna

I think y’all are right. I’ve seeing it available after other people have commented, but it does go away after a certain time. Not sure of the exact number.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                >