Rachelle's "Hello"

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ Rachelle's "Hello"

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    R. J. Wordsmith
    @r-j-wordsmith
      • Total Posts: 113

For both reading and writing, I would have to say fantasy. So these three novels, are they separate or a series?

Josiah DeGraaf
      @aratrea
        • Total Posts: 717

@rachelle If you can do one hour per day, I think thatā€™s an awesome pace to keep up consistently! A large part of how much time you should spend depends on other activities; if youā€™re able to spend more time on your writing, that will of course help out a lot, but sometimes itā€™s difficult to even find even that much time. I have the same goal of an hour per day, but some college semesters are easier or harder to pull that off than others. =P If you find you have more time to dedicate to writing, thatā€™s great, but if not, I think an hour per day is an excellent standard to set and keep.

Also, just as a quick forum note, most users usernames are identical to their display names. A few people like me are weird though and have a different username than the display name. =P So to tag someone, you may want to check their profile to make sure youā€™re using the correct username. šŸ™‚

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Ethryndal
        @ethryndal
          • Total Posts: 1013

@rachelle Ooh, digital art, how neat! AND comicy cartoony things. I guess you get the added satisfaction of being an artist and a writer at the same time. šŸ™‚ One day Iā€™m going to try some of that stuffā€¦ But at the moment, I stick to pencil, with a bit of water-color mixed in. I mainly do people too, though Iā€™m more of a portrait artist.

INTJ āžøYour friendly neighborhood mastermind. āžøhttps://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 1486

@Rachelle Welcome! Its nice of you to join us. šŸ™‚ Oooooh fantasy is so much fun to write! What is your favorite character you are currently working on? Hey Iā€™m part of the YWW as well! šŸ™‚ Hope to you around both here and there! šŸ™‚

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

@rachelle Welcome to the land of the pen! Others may have beat me to it, but I never mind that to much. Ahem, welcome to the Bestistest place on the internets! šŸ˜›
              Three novels! Woofā€¦Iā€™ve only written one, though I have written a half of another and enough one-page beginnings to make five chapters of beginnings. šŸ˜€
              Again, welcome!

ā˜€ ā˜€ ā˜€ ENFP ā˜€ ā˜€ ā˜€

Emma Flournoy
              @emma-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 1352

@Rachelle Ah, and you know Pride and Predjudice too, I see. šŸ˜‰ (I think thatā€™s the reference at leastā€¦)
                I do piano too, and violin.

What, 2 movies and the Broadway musical?! Youā€™re further along in that department than I am (yet. That must change.). Yes, itā€™s a very big book, but so worth it.

@Ethryndal
                You need support, eh? Poor thing. Is it difficult going? šŸ˜›

Christine Eaton
                @christi-eaton
                  • Total Posts: 306

@rachelle. Ahhh, a new person I havenā€™t met yet. Sorry Iā€™m so late *hangs head in shame* I was very busy all weekend longā€¦ BUT WELCOME!!! Iā€™m so glad to see you around here. Glad to hear Kingdom Penā€™s name is floating around the Young Writerā€™s Workshop. (I stalk the Facebook group but I need to get involved over there more) Anyway, Iā€™m glad you have found your way to this fair kingdom! I should introduce myself, Iā€™m Christine (or Christi, I go by either) and while I donā€™t participate on the forum as often as Iā€™d like, you should see me around here, or at least my book reviews and poetry up for reading on this fine website. (I still get surprised every time my work is accepted) šŸ™‚ Anyway, I hope I can see some of your writing on here as well. Enjoy yourself on the forum. Itā€™s a great place with even better people šŸ˜‰ I couldnā€™t love all the KeePers more.

I hope you are having a fantastic day!!! šŸ™‚

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Rachelle
                  @rachelle
                    • Total Posts: 63

@r-j-wordsmith
                    Fantasy is lots of fun, especially if you get lots of world-building ideas.
                    Two of my novels are part of a series (that I will likely never finish since itā€™s my first and I didnā€™t plan anything out) while the other is just a random practice novel. =P

@aratrea

Awesome, thank you! I think that whenever I manage to get the consistency down, like, form a habit, maybe Iā€™ll be able to step it up to longer periods of time. Iā€™m afraid I wonā€™t be able to keep myself doing it if I start out too long. =o Thankfully, I donā€™t have something like college pulling in a lot of my time, though. =P

Ah, I wondered why yours didnā€™t work. =P Thank you! Iā€™ll be sure to check that from now on.

@ethryndal

Yes, itā€™s a handy combination. I really enjoy drawing fanart comics for my books. XD
                    Oooh, I really like how watercolors look! So pretty. Do you have an art topic on here?

@winter-rose
                    Thank you!
                    Favorite character in one of my books? Iā€™d have to say my ENTP main character in the futuristic/speculative book Iā€™m writing now. Sheā€™s soā€¦ fun. =P What about you?
                    See you there! =D

@dragon-snapper

XD Thank you! Is that a saying around here or something?
                    Thatā€™s great! Getting lots of practice starting, huh? =P

@emma-flournoy

Yes, thatā€™s the reference I was trying to make, at least. =P Donā€™t know for sure if I got it rightā€¦
                    Oooh, I really like the sound of violins.
                    I have some Broadway musical lovers in my family that introduce me to this stuff. =P Maybe Iā€™ll try to read the book sometime too! Sounds daunting, but Iā€™m almost done reading The Wheel of Time which is a fourteen-book high fantasy series, so surely it canā€™t be worse than that. XD

@christi-eaton

No problem, and thank you! =D
                    I donā€™t usually participate much in online stuff either, but I definitely want to give it a shot this time. I look forward to seeing your around and reading your posts!

Again, thank you!

Ethryndal
                    @ethryndal

@rachelle There is an art topic floating around somewhere, but I havenā€™t posted any of my stuff on it yet. Iā€™m thinking about doing that soon though. šŸ™‚

@emma-flournoy
                      Oh, Iā€™m doing just FINE, honey. *mentally screams and tears out hair* Ahem. The actual book isnā€™t that bad (itā€™s nice to finally know who Elbereth is) but the PREFACE. I had to keep reminding myself that I read the entire LOTR in two months, and I was Elf enough for the Silmarillion. šŸ˜›

INTJ āžøYour friendly neighborhood mastermind. āžøhttps://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Emma Flournoy
                      @emma-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 1352

@Rachelle Fourteen book series! šŸ˜®
                        Nahā€¦ Les Mis probably isnā€™t that long. It might seem longer ā€™cause itā€™s all in one chunk; but itā€™s only got 1460 pages. šŸ˜›

@Ethryndal
                        Ahem, read above line and be grateful. XD The Silmarillionā€™s only what, in the 300s at most?

I know though, the prefaceā€”his letter to his publisher Milton Someone-Or-Other I thinkā€”is pretty long. šŸ˜› I remember finding it really interestingā€¦but yeah, get on with the book already!
                        Isnā€™t the part about the music of the Ainur so wonderful? I loved the whole ā€˜creation of the worldā€™ section.
                        But yes. Youā€™re Elf enough to do this! *roaring inspirational music*

Anonymous

@rachelle ooh futuristic/speculative that sounds fun. Whatā€™s her name? Umā€¦. I canā€™t really pick a favorite. It was slightly unfair for me to ask you that question when I couldnā€™t answer it myself. šŸ™‚ šŸ™‚ I would have to say the top three are the characters in my WIP whoā€™s POVā€™s I work from, so that would be my MC Ember and two side characters named Torrin and Colin.

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal

@Emma-Flournoy Okay, okay, Iā€™ll stop whining now. šŸ˜› And really, the preface might not have been so bad, had there not been two siblings engaged in a raging political discussion as I was trying to read. Hereā€™s a tip: Politics and Tolkien do not go together. šŸ™‚

But YES. The Music of the Ainur part is incredible. I thought it was kind of neat, how the ocean retained a trace of the music, and thatā€™s why the Elves were so drawn to the sea. I will never view the ocean the same way againā€¦

Rachelle
                            @rachelle

@ethryndal
                              Cool! Iā€™ll keep my eyes open for it. =)

@emma-flournoy

Yeah, itā€™s long. =o
                              Ahhh, that seems doable. Iā€™ll look into it sometime!

@winter-rose
                              Well, at the moment she knows herself as ā€œRedā€, but she also has a name that I canā€™t remember at the moment. XD
                              Oooh, thatā€™s cool! I like the name Ember. Sparks interest. (pun intended =P)

Anonymous

@rachelle Oooh Red is a cool name! Haha great pun. šŸ™‚

Rachelle
                                @rachelle

@winter-rose
                                  Thanks!
                                  Several members of my family are pun masters, so I guess I get the urge to make puns from them. =P

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >