Rachelle's "Hello"

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ Rachelle's "Hello"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Rachelle
    @rachelle
      • Total Posts: 63

Hey guys, just stopping by here to introduce myself. =)

I heard about this place from the OYAN community and the Young Writers Workshop (by Brett Harris and Jaquelle Crowe) and thought Iā€™d come check it out myself. Looks cool so far!

Anyway, Iā€™m a writer and an artist and Iā€™m looking for ways to advance my writing to the next phase. Iā€™m ready to step it up. So I figured Iā€™d better join some communities and glean what I can from all you more experienced people. =P

Soā€¦ hi.

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Hi @rachelle! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet.

Say, what do you write mainly? Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find this place helpful. Iā€™ve grown a lot through it. (Iā€™m sure everyone else will agree with me.)

šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

Welcome @Rachelle. šŸ™‚ This is indeed an amazing place. This community has helped me so much I wouldnā€™t even know where to start listing it all. So glad to have you here!
          Do you like poetry? What are some of your favorite books/movies?

Rachelle
          @rachelle

Thanks @daeus! Iā€™m excited to be here. =D

I write mainly speculative/fantasy/sci-fi novels, but Iā€™ve also done a little with comics and am looking into short stories (mainly as a way to improve my writing and become moreā€¦ concise. =P). Iā€™ve written three novels at this point, but I still feel like Iā€™m growing in my craft, you know? Like theyā€™re not ready yet. Hoping this fourth one will see some major improvement, though!

What about you? Whatā€™s your favorite genre to write/read?

Rachelle
            @rachelle

Thanks @kate-flournoy! I missed your response while typing up my reply. XP

Iā€™m not actually a big poetry fan, but some of Tolkienā€™s poems draw my interest. I definitely like poems with epic/fantasy elements to them. =P Are you a poet?

Favorite books/movies would have to include Lord of the Rings, of course, Avatar: The Last Airbender (a show, but maybe it counts. =P), Megamind, This Present Darkness, Thr3e, Blinkā€¦ Canā€™t think of any more favorites off the top of my head. =P What about your favorites?

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

@rachelle Comics? Cool. Do you have any you could show us?

šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy
                  • Total Posts: 3976

@Rachelle yes, I love poetry. šŸ˜‰ I wouldnā€™t consider myself A POET but I love poetry. One of my very favorites of Tolkienā€™sā€¦ actually I canā€™t pick a favorite. I love them all. XD
                  As for favorite movies, umā€¦ probably LotR, Rigoletto, Henry V, Little Dorrit, Monsters Inc., Pride & Prejudice, Captain America: The First Avenger, and a lot of others I canā€™t think ofā€¦ Not necessarily in that order. šŸ˜›

Josiah DeGraaf
                  @aratrea
                    • Total Posts: 717

Welcome to the forum, @Rachelle! Glad to hear you were able to find us through Brett and Jaquelle. What areas of writing are you particularly trying to grow in at the moment?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Gracie
                    @graciegirl
                      • Total Posts: 889

@Rachelle Welcome to the Kingdom! Iā€™m sure you will find all of the tips and advice you could ever wish for here! Everyone here is very helpful. šŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Gracie.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Emma Flournoy
                      @emma-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 1352

Hello and welcome @Rachelle! Do you play any instrument? Have you read Les Miserables?

Ethryndal
                        @ethryndal
                          • Total Posts: 1013

@Rachelle Human, elf, or dragon? šŸ˜‰

Excellent choice, Lord of the Rings. Ever read the Silmarillion? (I ask because Iā€™m currently reading it and need supportā€¦) What do you like to draw/paint? (And while weā€™re on the subject, is it drawing or painting? Iā€™m an artist also; I appreciate that kind of thing. šŸ™‚ ) Welcome to the Kingdom! Beware the crazies! (Which, actually, is all of usā€¦ šŸ˜€ )

INTJ āžøYour friendly neighborhood mastermind. āžøhttps://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Audrey Caylin
                          @audrey-caylin
                            • Total Posts: 323

@rachelle Hello! Iā€™m also on the Young Writers Workshop, though Iā€™m not under my pen name there (Iā€™m the mysterious person with the pink blossoms picture, if you ever seen me šŸ˜‰ ).

Itā€™s great to have you here! I hope you find lots of encouragement and inspiration from everyone at Kingdom Pen. šŸ™‚

R. J. Wordsmith
                            @r-j-wordsmith
                              • Total Posts: 113

@rachelle nice to meet you! Congratulations on your novel progress, and keep up the good work. Whatā€™s your favorite genre?

Rachelle
                              @rachelle

@daeus
                                Heh, well Iā€™ve only dabbled so far and theyā€™re not very good, but Iā€™ll look through them and see if thereā€™s any that I wonā€™t cringe too much for others to see. =P Maybe Iā€™ll make an art topic if thereā€™s a place for that on this forumā€¦

@kate-flournoy

Heā€™s got a lot of good ones. My favorite of his would have to be the one that talks about ā€œā€¦all that is gold does not glitterā€¦ā€ Not sure what itā€™s called. =P
                                Those are good stories! Itā€™s great how much people seem to have changed from picking their favorite story to picking their top several favorites. XD

@josiah-degraaf
                                Thank you!
                                Iā€™m really focusing on writing consistently right now and just trying to get a rough draft out there in a timely manner. I donā€™t have a problem with finishing my projects, but doing so within a reasonable timeline can be problematic. =P Iā€™ve been writing an hour a day for a couple weeks now, and that seems to be working so far, but we shall see if I can keep it up.
                                What would you say is a reasonable amount of time for a serious writer to write per day?

@graciegirl

Thank you! Iā€™m excited to learn everything I can and maybe give something of use while Iā€™m at it. =D

@emma-flournoy

Thanks! =D
                                I play the piano ā€œvery ill indeedā€, but some. =P You?
                                I regret to say that I have never read that, though Iā€™ve seen two movies of it and a Broadway play. Itā€™s a really big book isnā€™t it?

@ethryndal

Iā€™d like to say elf, but I just have too many human traits to ignore. =P

Sorry, Iā€™ve never read that, but three of my siblings have and they all seemed to like it pretty well. I want to read it someday, but it might be hard for me to find the motivation to read a history book about fictional history. =P
                                I like to draw mostly people, mostly cartoony, and mostly in sci-fi/speculative/fantasy styles from my books and RPGs. I also draw mostly digitally, so I donā€™t know if that would be classified as ā€˜paintingā€™ or ā€˜drawingā€™. XP
                                Thatā€™s awesome! What kinds of things do you like to draw best?

@audrey-caylin

Ooooh, thatā€™s awesome! Iā€™ll look for you. =D
                                Thank you, I hope so too!

Rachelle
                                @rachelle

@r-j-wordsmith
                                  Nice to meet you too, and thanks! =D
                                  Iā€™d say my favorite genre (both to read and write in) is some kind of mixture of fantasy, sci-fi, and speculative, though I appreciate a good story in any genre. What about you?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >