Rachelle's Digital Art

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Rachelle's Digital Art

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Ethryndal
    @ethryndal
      • Total Posts: 1013

@Dragon-Snapper You should try water-color. The entire point is to paint something that looks like a mess. It’s very frustrating. 😛 And wait, do you organize the books on your shelf from tallest to shortest? Mentally iron the wrinkles out of peoples clothes? Perfectly straighten your shoes so they’re exactly an inch and a half from the closet wall?

The more I think of it, the more I realize I actually am a perfectionist in more than art… what a revelation. 🙂

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@ethryndal I actually have done some watercolor, and I did find it fun.
        Yes, I do organize my books tallest to shortest. There’s no other way to do it. 😛
        However, I don’t tend to iron people’s cloths…and I’m too lazy to keep up with my shoes. 😀
        Have you seen the Lego movie? Sometimes I feel like Lord Business. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@Rachelle those are GORGEOUS and that little mini story is too adorable for words. *hugs herself to keep all the warm fuzzies inside* More pleeeeeeease… Pretty please?

Gracie
          @graciegirl
            • Total Posts: 889

@Rachelle I love these pieces!! Digital art, you say? I’ve seen time lapses of people doing digital art and I always walk away thinking: ‘That’s impossible! How do they do that!?’ Great job on the lighting in that last one! Lighting is the bane of my life in art work. 😉

@ethryndal
            @dragon-snapper Wowzers. You guys are making me cringe. Organizing playlists for fun? You can’t be serious. 😉 Although, I must agree that it is absolutely imparitive that books be sorted from tallest to shortest, but if they are in a series they must be numbered ….3 2 1 from left to right. It bugs me if they’re numbered 1 2 3… I honestly don’t know why, though.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

@graciegirl I organize things so that I can find them, but if it tells you anything, I reorganize so much, that I can never find anything. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Gracie
              @graciegirl

@dragon-snapper Lol! That’s perfect! 😄

Rachelle
                @rachelle
                  • Total Posts: 63

@ethryndal
                  Thanks, I’m glad you like it. =) Still working to get my digital paintings to where I’m satisfied with them, but someday…
                  Like writing, I guess art too has a lot of overarching elements that it might take me a while to get a grasp on. XD

@dragon-snapper

Glad you like. =D

@kate-flournoy

Thank you! I have several more that I can post if you guys are still interested. Some might make cool story prompts too, now that I think of it…

@graciegirl

Thanks! Yeah, I love watching speedpaints and time lapse videos of digital art. It’s so intriguing and amazing to watch. =D

Here’s one that doesn’t have much of its own story attached to the picture… This kind is usually what inspires me with story ideas as I try to decide what this woman is doing, why she’s making that face, that pose, etc…

Random Woman

Gracie
                  @graciegirl

@Rachelle Oooooh!! I love it! She does look like she has an interesting story to tell. 🙂

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy
                      • Total Posts: 1352

@Rachelle That comics one is so adorable! I can’t see the other one very well because of the laptop monitor, but it looks good. And I can judge from the others’ reactions. 😛
                      You’re really good at this.

@Ethryndal
                      I’ll have you know, I care about folding dishcloths neatly. *severe glare*
                      I can’t stand messy folding, even for just kitchen towels.

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 3976

@Rachelle WOW. Her dress. How did you make it look like textured fabric??? Textures are the one thing I always struggled with. Good job. That’s… wow. Good job. 😀

Hannah R.
                        @his-instrument
                          • Total Posts: 229

@Rachelle What program do you use? I’m not a fabulous artist myself, but my sister is, and she loves digital art. We have something called Painter Essentials 5 that came with an Intuos drawing tablet. I have no idea what to do with it, but I like clicking on the rainbow swirls feature and dragging it around the screen. 🙂 Your pictures are incredible, though.
                          Have you taken classes, or just taught yourself? And do you work in other mediums? I’m okay with regular pencil, thanks to Lee Hammond’s drawing books, but I’m hopeless with watercolor. I’m more of a lettering person myself, but I thoroughly respect anyone who has the talent to do what you can do with art. Truly incredible! I especially love the angels one.

YA Fantasy Writer
                          Obsessive Character Namer
                          Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Rachelle
                          @rachelle

@graciegirl
                            Thanks! She is actually an RPG character, but this drawing was so random, I have no idea where she is or what she’s doing. =P

@emma-flournoy

Thank you, glad you like! =D

@kate-flournoy

Thanks! The program I use (Clip Studio Paint) comes with some premade textures, so I mix and match my own changes with those to get the look I want. Mostly I just experiment, though. XD Still so much to learn!

@his-instrument

I use Clip Studio Paint mostly, but Autodesk Sketchbook Pro every now and again as well. Oooh, that sounds like a cool program! I use a Surface Pro tablet PC to draw on, but I’ve heard those Intuos are really good too.
                            I’ve pretty much taught myself. I mean, I watch YouTube videos and study other people’s art, but no one has specifically taught me. =P I usually work in digital now, but I’ve always sketched on paper and I’ve done several paintings (acrylics and watercolors). I’ve done a little with hard pastels and charcoals too, but not a lot.
                            Thank you! =D I’m glad you like them. Do you have an art topic on here?

Mark Kamibaya
                            @mark-kamibaya
                              • Total Posts: 318

awesome digital art, @rachelle. Keep it up! It’s amazing

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

Rachelle
                              @rachelle

@mark-kamibaya
                                Thanks! I will certainly try to keep it up and hopefully improve beyond my current skills. =P

Rachelle
                                @rachelle

Random practice with facial angles… Also trying to draw one character different ways and get him to look the same. Not sure whether or not that worked. =P

This guy is an RPG character– from a game my sister makes me –with an excellent redemption arc, moving from thinking he was meant to find the cure for society’s problems to finding humility and taking responsibility for his own family. =)

Scars

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >