Quotes

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

I blame the above message on my phone. It’s not my fault!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Anne of Lothlorien
      @anne-of-lothlorien
        • Total Posts: 440

Be prepared for a barrage of quotes. Brace yourselves!…

“Life is the messy bits” – Letters to Juliet

“When the sun sets, walk by the light of the moon.” – Yours Truly

“A man can be a man— well and good. A son can be a son— even better. But such they are without their choice, from the moment they are born. A king must be something more. A king must believe something.” – Uncharted (By Kate Flournoy)

“But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.” – The Lord of the Rings

“The Shining Isle exists, as surely as the floor you’re standing on. It may be hard to believe, but it’s real I tell you. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, the sun can seem like it was only ever a dream. We need something to remind us that it still exists, even if we can’t see it. We need something beautiful, hanging in the dark sky to remind us there is such a thing as daylight. Sometimes, Queen Sara,” Armulen strummed his whistle-harp, “music is the moon.” – Andrew Peterson, The Warden and the Wolf King. I think. Maybe it’s Monster in the Hollows.

“She was beautifully out of place. Sometimes I believe she intended to be like the moon during the day.” – Can’t Remember

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways.” – John Wayne

“The point is, you can look at people when you talk to them. And you can say what you want. People do that. It’s how the world goes ‘round, you know.” – Uncharted

“There are different kinds of beauty. There’s beauty in a flower, but also in a storm. Would you deny the storm simple to protect the flower, which will wither if you cherish it too long? Flowers have their time. But so do storms, and God has a place for both in your life.” – @kate-flournoy

“We’re all broken. That’s what lets the light in.” – @kate-flournoy

“”You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney

“Since the beginning of mankind, the fable-tellers have not only given us entertainment but a kind of wisdom, humor, and understanding that, like all true art, appreciates significantly over time.”

And I could post dozens more. But this is enough. For now.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@anne-of-lothlorien wha…? XD I recognize some of those… Though I’m not sure I can claim the one about letting light in; I think I saw it somewhere else and it came to mind in the middle of our conversation…

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

@anne-of-lothlorien I see Kate’s become a wise old sage now. 😛

#lifegoals Write a line like that moon during the day one.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anne of Lothlorien
            @anne-of-lothlorien

@daeus

She really is. Here’s another one.

“God’s already written it you know. The story of your life. To the end. He knows the plans he has for you. They’re good plans; not evil. To give you a future, and a hope.”

XD XD Life goals… I actually wrote a flash fiction based off that quote. Could I put it up in this thread, or would that be cluttering things up too much? It’s only roughly 400 words.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy

@Anne-of-lothlorien *pushes creaky old glasses up the bridge of her nose and blinks wisely*

Also in case you didn’t notice… that last one was mostly stolen from Jeremiah. XD

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy

I suppose I should actually contribute to this thread… my favorite quote everrrrr since I stumbled across it a year ago:

Fairytales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.

And close second is ‘If you can’t be brilliant, odd will do.’

Anne of Lothlorien
                  @anne-of-lothlorien

@kate-flournoy I didn’t know glasses could creak… 😀

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy
                      Daeus
                      @daeus

@kate-flournoy Those quotes win my upmost approval.

@anne-of-lothlorien
                        Sure. Go ahead!

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
                        @daeus

@anne-of-lothlorien
                          Sure. Go ahead!

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
                          @daeus

@anne-of-lothlorien
                            Sure. Go ahead!

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
                            @daeus

@anne-of-lothlorien
                              Sure. Go ahead!

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy
                                Anne of Lothlorien
                                @anne-of-lothlorien

I couldn’t see. The great clouds had rolled in, blocking the silver light. My hands wandered blindly in front of me, grasping at shadows. I had lost the road. I had lost my way.

I had lost everything.

I remembered the whisper breathed to me just before I left.

“When the sun sets, walk by the light of the moon.”

I fell to my knees, covering my face with my hands. But that couldn’t block the horrible visions that paraded in front of my eyes.

Blue sparks and white coals. His green jacket, streaked with blood. A hospital room. Her eyes. Her wordless pleas.

“I’m sorry – I can’t,” I whispered. “There’s no moon.”

More figures and broken scraps of memory rose out of the void of my mind.

The man’s twisted, triumphant smile. The plane, smashed, burnt, and smoking. The empty pilot’s seat.

I could feel the darkness, not that of the night, but something more horrible, seeping into me. Despair. Hopelessness. What else was there for me? I had fought with everything I had, because I thought it would keep her safe. It hadn’t. I’d failed. What else could I do? There was no light. No moon.

I fell the rest of the way to the ground, wanting to cry, but knowing nothing could help. I can’t fight it. It will come, and I’ll be empty. I’ll be nothing. I shut my eyes and gave up.

Then a thought creeps into my heart. A thought that fills it with light. A light that chases the black thoughts and blank visions, banishing them far away.

They need you.

I stand on shaking limbs, resolve and purpose flooding me, washing away all traces of despair.

Our cause has ended. There is no more rebellion. We might never know freedom again. But the people can still believe. Soldiers, arrests, threats, guns… those things can’t stand against hope.

We need something, someone. We need a Messenger, a Bearer of Light. Someone to tell them. Someone to make them understand that even while evil men have hold of the world, they don’t have hold of our hearts.

I stand and turn back to the city. Dots of light blink and flicker in a shaky line around it. The clouds still block the night’s silver beams. I draw a deep breath and take a step. Then another. Then I run.

I’m going back.

I’m going to help them.

I’m going to be the moon.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 106 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >