Prolog

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Meg02
    @meg02
      • Total Posts: 2

What do u guys think? Should I do a prolly for my novel?

Meg02
      @meg02
        • Total Posts: 2

Prolog**

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@meg02 I can’t really say one way or the other. How would the novel start with the prolog? How would it start without it? (I don’t mean the first lines, but a summary of what would happen in the first chapter and prolog) What backstory would you cover in the prolog? Information like that would help me give better input.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Ingrid
          @ingridrd
            • Total Posts: 830

@meg02
            It depends on the story. Do you need to provide the reader with some background information in the beginning of the book? If so, then I would suggest writing a prologue. If not, there isn’t any need. I am using a prologue in my WIP because I need to explain some of the conflict in the story. Hope this makes sense. 😉
            Nice to meet you, by the way. If you want you can make a new post in this forum so you can introduce yourself and tell us more about you. 🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Adry_Grace
            @adry_grace
              • Total Posts: 169

@meg02
              It depends on how you want to tell the story.
              For example, if the background information is setting up the novel. The prologue.
              But if the background story is simply something that haunts the MC and/or is not directly relevant to the plot then I would incorporate it throughout the story through flashbacks or something along those lines.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >