Prayer Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

@that_writer_girl_99 I really feel for you.

I’d actually appreciate prayer along the same lines myself. Not that I’m an introvert, but I’ve been having spells of depression recently. My problem is that I like to have my life planned out and know where I’m going, but as a writer that just doesn’t work. It’s hard to figure out what my next steps should be in almost all areas of my life. Book marketing is also depressing because of all the setbacks along the way. I’ve even wondered if my WIP is any good, though at the back of my mind I know it is.

Anyway, this is all good to help me learn to press through, and most of all to trust in God, but it’s hard for me to see the big picture and yet at the same time not worry about tomorrow.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@That_Writer_Girl_99 loneliness is not fun. I’ll certainly be praying for you.

@Daeus
        you too. I’m sure you’re doing great, and I mean that cuz I’ve seen what you can do.

Sierra
        @sierra-r
          • Total Posts: 46

@that_writer_girl_99 @Daeus I will definitely be praying for both of you. Writing’s hard enough without dealing with isolation/depression.

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 1352

@That_Writer_Girl_99 @Daeus I’ll be praying hard for both of you. I struggle with depression myself not infrequently and I know just how low it makes you feel.
            Daeus, in your own words—Depression is a result of worry. Depression kills your joy, and the joy of the Lord is your strength. When you’re not worrying, you’re stronger and nothing seems impossible.
            I’ve found it quite helpful to remember since you said that on someone’s topic months ago.
            So…take heart. The joy of the Lord is your strength. And I’m preaching to myself too.

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

@emma-flournoy Thanks 😀

It gives me a joy just to read that. I need to remember it more often. The problem is that I forget my purpose in life, and so any sort of failure seems like a defeat, but really, I’m just here as a tool, so I just need to do my best and God will make it worth while.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976
                Emma Flournoy
                @emma-flournoy

@Daeus Yes. That’s a big problem I have—you wrote the solution right there. It’s just hard to remember all the time. Thanks for saying such true truths, even if its kind of hard to consistently live by them. 😀

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99
                    • Total Posts: 1819

Thank you, everyone.

It gives me a joy just to read that. I need to remember it more often. The problem is that I forget my purpose in life, and so any sort of failure seems like a defeat, but really, I’m just here as a tool, so I just need to do my best and God will make it worth while.

You and I are definitely running on the same wavelength here. @daeus All I can keep thinking is…why me? Why did God choose me out of everyone he created, out of my entire family, to have this desire to write for him in my heart? It feels like such a gift, but such a heavy burden at the same time.

I can’t bear it alone. Thank you all for coming alongside me and praying for me.

@kate-flournoy

@ethryndal

@emma-flournoy

@sierra-r

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

“But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

You can do it. 🙂 With God nothing’s impossible.

Ethryndal
                      @ethryndal
                        • Total Posts: 1013

Hey, I just want to pop in here and say, it’s so encouraging seeing you all be open about your struggles. Depression (from writing AND life) is something I’ve struggled with myself, but I’ve always felt like I needed to keep it hidden and be happy all the time, or people might think less of me. It’s nice to know I’m not alone there, and that others struggle with the same thing but can be open about it. I’ll be praying for all of you.

@That_writer_girl_99
                        @Daeus @Emma-Flournoy

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy

@Ethryndal

Depression (from writing AND life) is something I’ve struggled with myself, but I’ve always felt like I needed to keep it hidden and be happy all the time, or people might think less of me.

😮 How do you read my mind so much.
                          I always want to try to be happy, and not let anyone else be bothered by it, but sometimes it just isn’t possible, and then you’re acting depressed, and what’s the use of not being open. Everyone can tell anyway. XD I know, that’s the spirit.
                          No, but when you’re open people can help you. Or at least, if they can’t really help you they can pray for you. Give you moral support. I’ll be praying for you too, even if you’re not currently in any slough of depression.

Elizabeth
                          @that_writer_girl_99
                            • Total Posts: 1819

@emma-flournoy Thank you, thank you, thank you for the kind, encouraging verses. And thanks to everyone who is here for moral support.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Ethryndal
                            @ethryndal
                              • Total Posts: 1013

@Emma-Flournoy Aw, thanks. I’ve finally learned to go talk to my mom when I’m feeling depressed, because just having her know what I’m going through takes some of the weight off of my shoulders.

I think we’re kindred spirits. Telepathic. 🙂

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 🙂
                                Those are some of my favorite verses for when I’m feeling alone and useless.

@Ethryndal
                                Where would we be without moms?
                                (Yes, nowhere.)

Well I like being kindred spirits. 🙂

Emma Flournoy
                                @emma-flournoy

People, remember Mrs. Keusal—last mentioned on page 19. Well, she’s gone to Heaven.
                                  We can praise God she’s no longer hurting in any way, but her family needs a lot of prayer. Lots of homeschooled kids under age 15, and Mr. Keusal still needing to do work for their income. I think he’s self-employed, but it’s going to be a lot of work for him doing mom and dad for awhile, and they’re still all so hurting. Continued prayers for their family would be a great blessing.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 874 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >