Prayer Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Jess
    @jess
      • Total Posts: 575

@clairec, @spradlin, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @anne-of-lothlorien, @sarah-h, @rolena-hatfield, @ethryndal, Thank you all for praying!!! Sad news: my dad was laid off today. 🙁 He gets a package for a few months though. Please continue to pray for a new job and soon! He has an interview with another company that might work out next week. Right now he is at peace with the events (It was a bad workplace) but just pray that everything will work out. But God is in control!

Anne of Lothlorien
      @anne-of-lothlorien
        • Total Posts: 440

I’m sorry @jess. I will definitely keep praying! God will provide one way or another!

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Emma Flournoy
        @emma-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 1352

Aw, I’m really sorry. I’ll still be praying. Hope everything works out!

@Jess

Ethryndal
          @ethryndal
            • Total Posts: 1013

@jess It has been my experience that the bad things that happen to us are often times God setting up greater things to come, things that we couldn’t possibly imagine. We can only see the bad at the time. We can’t see the amazing good He has ready to come out of our tribulations. There have been so many times that I’ve looked back over the past few years of my life and seen the sorrows and hardships that my family has undergone, when at the time, everything looked dark. But now, I see how they were just a way of bringing us to a better place and closer relationship with the Lord.

Keep that in mind, girl! I’ll be praying!

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Anne of Lothlorien
            @anne-of-lothlorien

Someone said you can put praise things on here too, so I want to say this.
              Last week I was going to ask you to prayer my mom who was called to report for jury selection. She really didn’t want to be on a jury, and she was praying she wouldn’t be selected, and if she was, for wisdom on the trial, But… turns out the whole trial was canceled! So, she got her answer to prayer even though it wasn’t the exact thing she’d thought of.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

Hey y’all,

I mentioned a while ago that I had emotionally hurt my mom with some content in my story she perceived as graphic (even though most of you on here probably wouldn’t call it very graphic). After writing two articles to express my views on the subject which she still had some disagreement on, I finally got the opportunity to really talk it over with her and I am happy to say that we’ve both come to an excellent agreement on the issue. I’m learning to be a more sensitive and my mom now understands and agrees with my reasons for what I do and is willing to read my book again as long as I carefully warn her of what’s ahead.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anne of Lothlorien
                @anne-of-lothlorien

@daeus That’s good that you resolved it with your mom. I forget sometimes about how my family doesn’t like something and i stick it in a story, and then they don’t like it. Oops. But I’m glad you’re learning. I need to do a lot of that.

Sarah Spradlin
                  @spradlin
                    • Total Posts: 189

@jess So sorry to hear that girl! I’ll be praying!!! You are so right: God is in control. 🙂

@daeus
                    Glad to hear that about you and your mom!

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

BlueJay
                    @bluejay
                      • Total Posts: 1622

I’m sick. Can people please be praying for my recovery? And praying that I don’t vomit either. Thank you in advance. 🙂 🙂 🙂

@perfectfifths
                      , @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @daeus, @sarah-h, @spradlin, @overcomer, @winter-rose, @anyone & @everyone
                      Haha Isn’t it terrible for the doctor to be sick??? 😛

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by BlueJay.
                      Louise Fowler
                      @perfectfifths
                        • Total Posts: 726

@bluejay Praying! 🙂 It’s no fun being sick, especially if you’re nauseated. 🙁

Currently reading Les Miserables

Daeus
                        @daeus
                          • Total Posts: 4238

🙁 Sure @bluejay

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 1486

@bluejay I will! 🙁

BlueJay
                            @bluejay
                              • Total Posts: 1622

@perfectfifths; @daeus; @winter-rose (And anyone else)
                              Thank you for praying. Just after I posted my request, I ended up chucking up. 🙁 It might have been because I was trying to take some medicine which wasn’t the nicest. After that was over, I sat outside and just rested. None of you Americans will probably understand this, but watching gum tree leaves blow in the wind while stormy clouds gather in the background is beautiful. Anyway I went inside around 8:30pm and half an hour later went to bed. I slept pretty well. I did wake up because of dreams making my tummy queasy, but thankfully I didn’t vomit again. I am up now and feeling much better. So thank you all again. 🙂

Louise Fowler
                              @perfectfifths
                                • Total Posts: 726

@bluejay Glad you’re feeling better. 🙂

My favourite kind of days are the stormy, windy ones, seeing palm trees bend so far that you’d think there was a hurricane, and hearing the wind rattling the blinds. There’s something comforting about that for me (depending on how stormy it’s getting to be 😉 )

Just out of curiosity, do you live in suburban or more bush area (and in what state, if you don’t mind sharing?) 😀

Currently reading Les Miserables

Emma Flournoy
                                @emma-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 1352

@Daeus Somehow I missed this. I’m so very glad you and your mom came to an agreement. An excellent agreement, no less. 😀 Very happy.

@Anne-of-Lothlorien
                                  Glad your mom’s prayer was answered. 🙂

And @Bluejay, great that you’re feeling better. It’s not good having the doctor sick. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 874 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >