PRAYER REQUESTS #2

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions PRAYER REQUESTS #2

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 843 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@epicaddie2  Oh, no! I’m praying ;-(

You can pronounce it however you want.

NC Stokes
      @daughteroftheking
        • Total Posts: 1156

@epicaddie2 That’s no fun! Praying.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

itisastarrynight
        @itisastarrynight
          • Total Posts: 134

I’m personally not the greatest in consistently praying for others, to be honest. But I feel called to support others through prayer more often and so here I am. @epicaddie2 @clairec I will be praying for you guys! @dekreel And for your friend, too. Is she a believer?

I can't believe it's not butter!

Joy
          @dekreel
            • Total Posts: 2304

@itisastarrynight  Thank you! Yes, she is a believer 🙂

You can pronounce it however you want.

Ingrid
            @ingridrd
              • Total Posts: 830

@epicaddie2  Oh you poor thing…praying!

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

ClaireC
              @clairec
                • Total Posts: 628

@seekjustice, not sure how I missed the notif for your last comment, but yes, I’m homeschooling. 🙂 You too?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by ClaireC.

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

EpicAddie2
                @epicaddie2
                  • Total Posts: 794

Heeeeeeey guys, I’m finally back! I know it’s been longer than a week. Oops. 😉 But life has been crazy and I just haven’t had much time on my hands.

Now, for the prayer request.

Bear with me as I ramble on.

Recently in our church there have been lots of miracles and stuff. A few weeks ago my parents and their friends went to go pray for a guy who’s back has been injured and has kept him out of work for a few months, and God healed his back as they were praying. And as they were praying they guy’s dog wouldn’t stop barking, and then suddenly my parents’ friend stopped praying and was like “There’s a demon in the dog,” and then cast the demon out.

And there are people in my church speaking and praying in tongues. It’s crazy.

Anyways, so I was hearing all these stories from my mom and dad and I was suddenly like “I don’t want to just sit on the sidelines and watch all this, I want to be a part of it.” So ever since then I’ve just been… different. In a good way. Before I was a Christian, but I didn’t really spend time with God. And now I do every day and I’m just so happy all the time. And I see Jesus as a friend, rather than just someone that I pray to.

So, the other day I was praying with my parents and the same friends from earlier and I was praying that God would bring me a friend, because ever since we moved to California from Washington I haven’t really made any friends, except for one who moved to Minnesota a year after I met her. Anyways, I was just praying that he would bring me a new friend and then he told me that he wasn’t going to. Not yet. Because now I’m relying on him to take care of my loneliness because I think of him as a friend now, rather than relying on a friend here on earth to take care of the loneliness.

So, my prayer request is that… erg how to word… Well, it’s like I was at the bottom of a cliff. And then God threw down a rope so I could climb up. And I’m still climbing, trying to get to the top, on solid ground. Does that even make sense? Like, the bottom of the cliff is my loneliness, and then the rope is my faith, and it’s growing as I get higher up. But I feel like it’s kinda fragile. Like one little thing and I’ll fall back down to the loneliness. But once I get to the top of the cliff there won’t be any danger of falling back down because my faith is so strong.

So I guess I pray that I reach the top of the cliff so I’m not just climbing this small rope which could break at any second.

I’m not even sure if you guys get what I’m saying. I sure hope you do.

@catwing
                  @dragon-snapper @daeus @ingridrd @dekreel @salome01w4g @daughteroftheking @anyone else

INFJ ~ 4w5
                  aldarley.wordpress.com

Kaya Young
                  @kaya-young
                    • Total Posts: 272

@epicaddie2  Wow! hang in there! lately God has been showing me how important it is to trust him. I think that I know what His will is for me, and then it changes or circumstances make it impossible. I tend to try and figure things out. Is this what He means? What does this mean I need to do next? What is His will for me now? It’s confusing, but His ways are higher than my ways. I just need to be still and trust him.

There will come a day when you are able to look down the cliff your climbing, and see it through the lense of time, but today is not that day. So trust Him to sustain you and help you be closer to Him. Don’t look down! Don’t dwell on your sin or how far it is to the top. You will make it, but there are rough patches and parts that will take you longer than you think they should, and that’s hard.

So I guess what I’m saying is hang onto that cliff and climb, because your relationship with Him will only get better!

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                    http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

EpicAddie2
                    @epicaddie2
                      • Total Posts: 794

@kaya-young

Thank you 😉 I agree that my relationship with Him will only get better and I can’t wait for that to happen!

INFJ ~ 4w5
                      aldarley.wordpress.com

Daeus
                      @daeus
                        • Total Posts: 4238

@epicaddie2 That is totally relatable.

I’ll be remembering to pray for you, because this is very similar to what I face, only it’s not a loneliness issue but still a faith issue.

If I could say two things to encourage you, first of all, “In everything give thanks.” Boy, this helps. I think we feel depressed because we feel weak. In thankfulness, however, we fix our eyes on God and He gives us joy which gives us strength — His strength.

The second thing is that you don’t have to do this in your strength. We don’t have the Holy Spirit in us to make us righteous before God — Jesus did that — but He is our source of sanctification, even in the matter of faith. If the devil can tempt us, surely the Comforter can fill our mind with comfort. God will give good gifts to his children.

If I might make a recommendation, I’m reading Andrew Murray On Prayer at the moment, and even though I’m barely into it, I think it could really encourage you. Part 1 is all about abiding in Christ, which it sounds like is what God is teaching you to do. Everybody needs to read that book.

Rant over. 🙂

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Ingrid
                        @ingridrd

bigher6

@epicaddie2
                            I wish I could hug you right now!  I totally know what you’re going through…I’ve been there myself and it’s so easy to lose sight of the fact that God is there with us no matter what.  And if it’s any encouragement, you have friends here.  Hang in there and keep plowing through.  God has something absolutely beautiful planned for your life.  I’m sure of it.

Ingrid
                          @ingridrd

@epicaddie2  One more thing…this is a story that has inspired me in the darkest times of my life.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamt he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints on the sand — one belonging to him and the other to the Lord. When the last scene had flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints and he noticed only one set. He also noticed that this happened during the lowest and saddest times of his life. This bothered him and he questioned the Lord. “Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk all the way with me, but I noticed that during the most troublesome times of my life there was only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why, when I needed you most, you deserted me.”

The Lord replied, “My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, those were the times when I carried you in my arms.”

pickupyourpenandwrite
                            @pickupyourpenandwrite
                              • Total Posts: 37

Hi @epicaddie2

I heard about your prayer for a friend and I feel like I just wanted to say that I totally understand what you feel like. Recently, I experienced some of the crazy things that have happened in your church. Praying has become more wild and I’ve really experienced the power of the presence of God. I go to a public school and after that my friendships sort of fell apart. It wasn’t that I didn’t have friends but I began to see sin in a different way. Swearing suddenly infuriated me and talking about idle things like crushes grated on my nerves. Anyway, as of late, I’ve had no friends. Lunchtime has been sitting on a bench alone.

But, I’ve found a new strength. Through prayer I’ve discovered that I can cope. I’ve discovered communities like this one and my school CU. Whilst it’s hard, He’s giving me strength daily. What I’ve loved to remember is that I am not alone because He is with me. God has now given me such strength I’m not even afraid to sit on a bench by myself. I feel different at school because I’m not alone.

Just remember: He’s got you! And keep striving for His Spirit. It’s the greatest thing you’ll ever get on this earth. 😉 It even beats writing!

"Come out from them and be separate says the Lord." 2 Corinthians 6:17

Hannah
                              @salome01w4g
                                • Total Posts: 991

@epicaddie2

Oh girl I feel you. The lonileness and feeling of fragile faith are hard.

With my families move I have been thrown into a lot of isolation and I’ve been in a placr of having to “walk by faith and not by sight”.

My faith has grown through the struggle of fimiliar things being taken from my grasp, yet it does feel fragile. @daeus ‘s thoughts are very good espcially the bit about God being the source of our sanctification even in the matter of faith.

That is so encouraging to remember. It is not us it is God and He has a plan and reason.We are being refined by fire and through the refining comes faith and character.

Also things that hinder your faith you need to remove from your life. (Think tv shows, movies, music, books, magazines, blogs, certain peoples social media pages, etc…) and philipians 4:8 is a good standard for this. As well as remembering that, anything that does not honor God won’t help you. Being in the world full of evil we need to remove unecessary distractions. You have to be aggressive about it to.

I hope this is helpful I have so many thoughts and sometimes don’t express them well.

Prayers! 💓

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Hannah. Reason: tags... the downfall of kingdown pen 😂

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice
                                  • Total Posts: 3365

@epicaddie2

I definitely relate. I’m a year younger than almost all of my friends, and one by one they’ve all just disappeared from my life. One of my best friends has left school and is working almost full time, so I hardly ever see her. She used to come to the same church as me, but left when a whole lot of not-great stuff was happening, so I don’t even get to fellowship with her like I have for almost my whole life. Two of my other friends are going to university an hour away, one of them is thinking of moving so she doesn’t have to drive as far, she’s also in a very serious relationship with a guy we’ve both known for ages.

And basically, it just leaves me alone. I’ve never been good at making friends. For my whole life I’ve had four really, really good friends, and one by one they’ve moved on. Not without me, of course, they’re still my friends, but I still struggle with loneliness.

Loneliness is so hard, I know that first hand, and I guess it’s one of the reasons I’ve immersed myself in writing even more this past year. I have to continually ask God to keep me content, to keep me joyful, that I won’t be jealous or bitter when my friend prefers spending time with her boyfriend than me, or that he has taken the place of her best friend, confidant, comforter and encourager.

Okay, so this is getting very long and rambly. Basically, I’m here for you, and I’ll definitely keep you in my prayers 🙂 God bless.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 843 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >