Please tell me I'm not the only one…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Please tell me I'm not the only one…

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976

@Daeus sure. What’s one more kingdom? *dons crown*

Joy Schmidt
      @joy-schmidt
        • Total Posts: 37

@dragon-snapper thanks for the ideas…I think I just need to start the story and see where it goes. I have awesome ideas but I rarely get them onto paper; however, for some reason I feel differently about this story. I’ll give it a go sometime this week! (I hope…)

Joy Schmidt
        @joy-schmidt
          • Total Posts: 37

@kate-flournoy @daeus @perfectfifths thanks for the answers guys!!

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

@joy-schmidt Hey! Another thing I just thought of today… you know how you like to be satisfied, and how finishing the planning does that for you. Well, my ultimate satisfaction from writing is word count. I’ve been keeping a journal of how many words I’ve written for each of my writing sessions, and keeping track of how many words a day I write is hugely satisfactory for me. I set a goal for 1000 words a day, and when I reach that, well, yipee!
            Just thought you might find a bit more fun from that too.

@daeus
            I see what you’re saying. 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

J.A. Penrose
            @jess-penrose
              • Total Posts: 377

@joy-schmidt
              I have some advice…

So, basically you suffer a similiar thing to me. You have thousands of stories in youor head, but when it comes to expressing them,m it flops. You loose the enthusiasim and it just goes blegh.

My advice to counter this is to do things at the same time as your WIP, using your WIP. I have multiple character chats, Word-Wars, Poems, and Writing Articles that I will go to while I’m doing my WIP. I also like to make aesthetic collages. Another useful thing to do is to listen to some epic writing music with no lyrics while writing. It just puts you in the mood.

Another good way to end up writing is to do NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo. I’m in both and if you want, you can go into NaNoWriMo in November. You can aim to reach the 50k goal, and, you never know, you may get it!

To actually help with the writing process itself, I would say you are more of a planner. Try to plot out each chapter, then write it. Plot out your character arcs to the last detail and then write it.

Have fun while you are writing, but remember why you are writing. Is it for you, or is it for your Creator?

Well, that went on longer than planned… hope something there was helpful!

Writer | Freelance Editor
              Inspiration&lt

Joy
              @joy
                • Total Posts: 59

@joy-schmidt You’re not the only one! I like to plan my stories to some extent, but I don’t like to think too much about them because then I start overanalysing and trying to figure out the ending, and the story loses its appeal. Finding out where I’m going along the way is harder, but a lot more fun 🙂

*whispers aggressively* "The HONOUR!"

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >