Panel Discussions

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί General Site Info β€Ί Questions and Support β€Ί Panel Discussions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Greetings my fellow keepers!

I bring you good tidings. As you’ve probably noticed, KP has been ramping up recently to provide you with the best resources we can possibly conceive to meet your special writing needs. Have you taken a look at the Surviving NaNoWriMo book yet? That’s just one example.

Now there’s been another idea circulating among us at the staff that I think just might be the coolest thing we’ve ever done so far at KP. The idea… panel discussions.

You know how those things work at conferences: there’s a set of experts on the stage and one moderator sorts through every question you can possibly think of that wasn’t answered in the other sessions so that you can get help for the situation you are in right at that moment.

Our goal is to do the same thing at KP. We’ve done a lot to provide instruction for writers, but so far it’s all been using the shotgun effect. We haven’t done anything to meet people right where they’re at.

The set up would be online much like a webinar. We’d gather three or so keepers that we would consider best suited to answer questions on a wide range of subjects and one moderator. You would be able to ask absolutely anything writer related: specific questions on your WIP, publishing questions, questions on theory, questions on ethics, anything related to writing. The questions would be made through the live chat just like on a webinar. One thing we may also do on occasions is invite in published Christian writers to be on the panel.

So here’s the thing. We need to know what you think of this. As of yet, we haven’t settled on all the details of how this is going to work and when we want to start doing this. Your input will really help us make those decisions. So here’s the questions I’d love your answers on:
      .On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about this idea? One is you hate it. Five is you’d like to attend occasionally. Ten is you’re currently running around the house singing one day more at the top of your lungs and doing gymnastics you never thought you could do.
      .What do you think of the webinar-style format? Do you have any better ideas? Ideas for improvement?
      .How often would you like us to have these panels? Currently, we’re thinking something like bimonthly, but that’s not set in stone.
      .Any other thoughts?

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Daeus
      @daeus

Anyone?

@overcomer
        @bluejay @kate-flournoy @his-instrument @jess @clairec @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @winter-rose @ingridrd @Christi-eaton @adry_grace @hope @anna-brie @gretald @jadamae @Hannah-krynicki @graciekry @writefury @Hannah-olsen @sarah-h @Hannah-c @spradlin @ivy-rose @corissa-maiden-of-praise @Julia-r @alia

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Daeus
        @daeus

Never mind @spradlin. Just copied that list.

And I’ll add @anne-of-lothlorien @dragon-snapper

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Corissa Maiden of Praise
          @corissa-maiden-of-praise
            • Total Posts: 256

@Daeus at this point in my life… a 6. But once I finally get going on writing every day (hopefully in January) It would probably be a 9 or 10. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Jess
            @jess
              • Total Posts: 575

@Daeus, probably a 7 for me. I love the concept, but business gets in the way sometimes. Bimonthly sounds great. πŸ˜€

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper
                • Total Posts: 3515

@daeus Well, I don’t hate it, but it is not an option for me. I can’t do webinars, and as discussed in the Mind of a Writer, I hardly talk about my books. The Forum that exists is pretty much as far as I can go.
                So, we wouldn’t have to do this thing, right? And also, the forum would remain the same?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Snapper.

β˜€ β˜€ β˜€ ENFP β˜€ β˜€ β˜€

Alia
                @alia
                  • Total Posts: 1253

@daeus
                  At this moment, it would probably be a 6 or 7. In another few months it’ll probably be closer to a 9.
                  And bimonthly sounds fine

WIP - Decisions
                  Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Daeus
                  @daeus

@dragon-snapper Oh, yes. Nothing’s changing. This would be an add-on.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Julia R.
                    @julia-r
                      • Total Posts: 81

Boy. I haven’t been on in forever.
                      @daeus- I would give this a 8. It’s a cool idea! Bimonthly sounds great! Suggestion: maybe do the panel on a Tuesday or Thursday night. Everybody I’ve talked to (for other events) are always bored on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and everybody always has something else going on on Friday and Saturday nights. And a lot of people have youth group and/or church on Wednesdays. I think you might get more viewers if you did it on a weeknight.

Hope Ann
                      @hope
                        • Total Posts: 1092

Probably 5 for right now, though it sounds like a cool idea…

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
                        @kate-flournoy
                          • Total Posts: 3976

*runs around the house singing one day more at the top of her lungs and doing gymnastics she never thought she could do*
                          I think this is an AWESOME idea @Daeus, and I think it’ll really be helpful for young writers. Bimonthly sounds a bit often, but you guys are the experts.
                          And just so you know I’d probably never participate; at least extreeeeeeemely rarely, for no other reason than that I very rarely ever ask questions. I figure them out myself. I learn more that way. I think it’s a wonderful project and I applaud it with all enthusiasm, but I probably wouldn’t do much in the way of actually providing material. But go for it. I think this would be really helpful for people who do learn primarily by asking questions.

Daeus
                          @daeus

@kate-flournoy Do you mean you’d rarely attend or rarely ask questions? One of the ideas here is that you can glean from the question others ask, or at least it could lead to a new idea.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Hannah A. Krynicki
                            @hannah-krynicki
                              • Total Posts: 81

@daeus I’d give the idea a 4- that is, I love the idea and would like to attend, but unfortunately life is in the way of me actually participating that often. πŸ™‚

Sarah Spradlin
                              @spradlin
                                • Total Posts: 189

@daeus LOL! YASSSS! I love this idea! xD Literally the best. The staff people are so smart and stuff. xD Jk. Really though, y’all, pick some topics for us! πŸ™‚

@kate-flournoy
                                I’d definitely second what Daeus said. Asking questions and participating (while nice) definitely isn’t a requirement. πŸ˜‰ And you can still learn lots from other people’s questions and I think we’d probably have a prepared section of the webinar as well. πŸ™‚

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Daeus
                                @daeus

That’s another thing (thanks Sarah). We want to let you ask whatever you want, but we might still have a theme for each one. Anyone have any thoughts on that? What about having a prepared section as well?

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >