Other Picture Prompt Entries

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Other Picture Prompt Entries

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976
      Rosey Mucklestone
      @writefury
        • Total Posts: 467

@kate-flournoy and @sarah-h
        Heh. Sorry. I thought I deleted that afterwards.
        gif
        So there’s this thing on OYAN called spoilers that you can do with coding. It sort of condenses the post size a little and (as the name implies) hides spoilers. I was seeing if it worked on here.
        Obviously it does not.
        And neither does the delete button.

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy

Ah! Oh, okay, gotcha. No problem.

Love the GIF. 😉

BlueJay
          @bluejay
            • Total Posts: 1622

The fog drifted silently through the trees creating ghostly objects. The rider sat motionless, only his moving eyes revealed that he was alive. Every now and then his horse shook its mane and the jingle of the metal parts of its bridle resounded in the silence. Suddenly the horse jerked up its big head. The crunch of snow under heavy feet could be heard.
            Nostrils flared and the whites of its eyes showing clearly, the horse pawed the ground with a foreleg. The man gently rested a hand on the horse’s neck and stroked it.
            “Steady now,” he whispered.
            A twig snapped. A grunt was heard. The man peered into the fog and could just make out the outline of a massive form to the left of them. It was much bigger than he had expected. He had heard numerous rumours but had thought most of them were exaggerated.
            Carefully he drew one of the swords from the scabbard attached to his back. He glanced at it ruefully. A longbow and arrows would have been better for this job, but he was much more confident with the sword. And he couldn’t take chances.
            The beast paused and raised its shaggy head. ‘It knows we’re here,’ thought the man as he waited. Stealthily the beast approached. Evil green eyes glinted in the half light. The creature uttered a snarl of anger and hate for the human race and on it came. Still the man waited.

This prompt was based on the picture of a guy and horse (at least that’s what I thought) sitting in a snow storm.

Greta
            @gretald
              • Total Posts: 450

@bluejay, The suspense is killing me! What happens to the man? XD

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy

Love it, @bluejay! Looking at that prompt, I couldn’t decide whether it was a sword on his back or the pipes of a bagpipe. 😛 I ended up not mentioning it at all, and I guess that was fine. 😉

Now let’s see if I can figure out the ‘image’ setting so I can post the picture and you can actually see what I’m talking about. Here goes… rider in snow

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy

Nope. Didn’t work. I’ll just give you the link. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/341710690457182648/

BlueJay
                  @bluejay
                    • Total Posts: 1622

@gretald The suspense is killing me too. Cause I don’t know what happens!!! XD
                    Yes @kate-flournoy I took a bit to decide, but I can only see two ends, so I chose to do swords. 😀

Ingrid
                    @ingridrd
                      • Total Posts: 830

This was for the Writing Prompt with the girl on the step and the guy in black…

He couldn’t tell Rachel; he would leave without her notice. Her grief might make it harder for him to get away.
                      Jack slipped quietly out of the bed. His clothes and backpack waited for him on the chair. Grabbing them, Jack hurried out of the room. The hallway floor was cold on his bare feet as he plodded to the stairs. He listened for any sound of Rachel’s pursuit. When he heard nothing, Jack descended the stairwell, and tiptoed into the bathroom to change. He put on a black jacket, jeans, and traveling boots. Lastly, he pulled on a black mask that covered his face up to his eyes. There, even if they saw him they would never know who he was. Jack picked up the backpack and strapped it onto his shoulders.
                      He couldn’t get Rachel off his mind as he stepped outside. Jack’s heart ached when he imagined her realizing the other side of the bed was empty, screaming his name. He could almost hear her . . .
                      “Jack?”
                      He spun around. Rachel was standing in the doorway, holding her own packed duffle bag.
                      “What are you doing?” she whispered, falling onto the step. He went to her, and squeezed her hand tightly.
                      “I have to go. They’ll come for us both if I stay.”
                      Rachel shook her head, her face determined.
                      “I’ll be in more danger if you leave me here alone. I’m coming with you.”

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Faith Kindred
                      @faithdk
                        • Total Posts: 139

Great prompt, @ingridrd! 🙂 Here’s the one I wrote…

Jessa crawled out from beneath her teacher’s desk, scraping her hands and knees against the broken glass that scattered the floor. She barely made out a tall dark figure emerging from the thick smoke that filled the classroom.
                        He reached for her hand.
                        A black mask covered all but his blue eyes. She thought of her missing brother, Micheal.
                        A loud BOOM from outside brought her back to reality.
                        Without thinking, she took his hand.
                        He pulled her to her feet and led her out of the burning building.
                        Outside, the streets were filled with chaos as the city was under attack. Guns fired at any moving target. Buildings burst into flames as screaming people ran desperately.
                        Realizing the man beside her was dressed just like the invaders, Jessa tore her hand from his and fled.
                        He bolted after her. “Wait!” he called.
                        Jessa was forced to a stop when she reached the end of an alley.
                        “Stay away from me!” she yelled as she collapsed onto a bench.
                        “Jessa, it’s okay.” He said as he gently touched her face.
                        “H-how do you know my name?” She recognized his voice, but couldn’t place it.
                        He slowly pulled off his mask and Jessa gasped. “Mike?”

Ingrid
                        @ingridrd

@faithdk
                          Wow, that’s awesome! I love it…I can totally visualize what’s happening. 🙂

Faith Kindred
                          @faithdk
                            • Total Posts: 139

Thanks @ingridrd 🙂 Yeah, that’s what I was going for 😉 Haha

Greta
                            @gretald
                              • Total Posts: 450

@bluejay, Well, you’d better hurry and make up the rest, or we’ll both die. XD Just kidding. 😛 😉

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy

Nice @Faithdk and @Ingridrd— love ’em both! Here’s mine for that one…

She’d not seen his face since the day of the burning.
                                She’d never thought to see it again.
                                But there he was. Standing across the street, staring at her. She knew him by his eyes. Even in the black mask and vested uniform of the Patrol she knew those eyes— intense, passionate; metallic iron-blue.
                                She didn’t want to see him. She didn’t want him to recognize her. Maybe if she just sat and stared at her scuffed shoes, he’d go away.
                                She kicked at the pavement with forced unconcern. He’d go away.
                                But he crossed the street and stopped in front of her. She watched in fascinated horror as he crouched down and reached out, tipping her face up and forcing her to meet his eyes.
                                “Paige,” he said. “It’s been a long time.”
                                She was crying now.
                                His eyes narrowed a little. “Why haven’t you come back?”
                                “You know.” She swiped her hand over her eyes and took a deep breath.
                                “That was a long time ago.”
                                “Doesn’t make any difference.”
                                “Does to me.”
                                She gave a wretched laugh. “I killed him,” she breathed. “He died in the fire. I know how close you were.”
                                “It was an accident, Paige. I never blamed you.”
                                She looked away, unable to meet his eyes. “Can’t come back, Sean,” she said. “I’m innocent.”
                                “I know.”
                                “They’ll accuse me of murder.”
                                He took her by the hand and hauled her to her feet. “Well,” he said, “I will be with you.”

Ingrid
                                @ingridrd

@kate-flournoy
                                  Wow, that’s intense. I like it! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >