New here

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE New here

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Alia
    @alia
      • Total Posts: 1253

@rochellaine, 8 kids adopted??? Lucky. I have two adopted younger sisters and 3 biological older ones. we’re trying to convince our parents that we need a brother. Were they domestic or international adoptions?

@filewriterbase13x
      , so Meyers Brigg, or MBTI, is a personality test, of sorts. Basically its that there are 16 main personalities. And the person who made the test put into letter groups. I’m an INTP. I = introvert (how I get energy), N = intuition (how I take in facts), T = thinking (how I react to the facts), and P = perceiving (how I see the world). the other letters are E = extrovert, S = sensing, F = feeling, and J = judging.

thats a very simplified version.

WIP - Decisions
      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@alia Mostly domestic, but one international, so we know about both sides of the process.  They’re pretty different! 😀  What about yours?

Oh, so did we for a long time!  My youngest brother is sixteen, so we haven’t had little boys in the family for a long time, though we do have three young sisters.  We were so excited when we found out the kids we’re going to adopt include little boys!  I take it you like kids? 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Alia
        @alia

@rochellaine, both of ours were international. One from Ethiopia 6 years ago, and the other from China 2 years ago.

We almost got a brother, but that adoption fell through after an almost 3 year process. It actually fell through on the same day we found out about our Ethiopian sister. So bitter sweet day.

I adore kids. I can’t get enough of them. Whatever career I have in the future better include kids.

WIP - Decisions

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine
            • Total Posts: 3322

@alia  Oh, I’m so sorry!  That sounds horrible.  But at least you got your sister.  How old is your oldest sibling?

Same here!  Actually, my favored career is the standard, cliched homemaking. 😀  I want to get married and have a whole bunch of little kids to mother.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Alia
            @alia

@rochellaine, its pretty heart wrenching. But thankfully God has been able to heal the wounds. While I still grieve the loss, I can be at peace with it too.

So do I. But I also feel called to the mission field. So I hope that wherever God takes me will involve helping kids have better lives.

WIP - Decisions

filewriter@base13x
              @filewriterbase13x
                • Total Posts: 110

@julia-r, hi. Yeah, I am way to much of an AIO fan. Me and my brother listen to it all the time. I have gone through the whole collection four times. You could ask me any trivia question about them I am pretty sure I would know it.☺ OK, enough feeling out about AIO.

Thank you! And what’s your WIP? Yes! More fantasy and Sci-fi! Is anybody else here starting to get ideas of a fantasy Sci-fi story?

Ooh, yum. That sounds good. You definitely should get paid. 🙂 Thank you for the welcome, Julia R.

Currently writing the Hostanica Files with the assistance of B-bot, my PAIA (Personal AI Assistant.)

Julia R.
                @julia-r
                  • Total Posts: 81

@filewriterbase13x I don’t really have a major work in progress at the moment, I’m currently trying to find some sort of idea, any sort of idea. I’m working on a short story as a gift for my dad. To fill time in between “brilliant” (hahaha) novel ideas, I sometimes dabble in fan-fiction and short stories, which I have found to be excellent ways to practise writing without committing to a whole novel. I’m also interested in trying my hand at scriptwriting.

And if you need story prompts, I could probably conjour something up. 🙂

NC Stokes
                  @daughteroftheking
                    • Total Posts: 1156

@filewriterbase13x Ah, yes. I can never figure out how many spoilers about my story is too many. 😛 Nice profile pic! Did you draw it yourself?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

filewriter@base13x
                    @filewriterbase13x

@julia-r, well if you need any help brainstorming, I am your girl. Plot forming is probably one of my favorite things about writing. You know, along with character building, writing, outlining, rewriting, sharing, and… Well, I guess it’s all my favorite. 😊 I guess I would consider a short story a WIP. Wouldn’t you? I have written only one short story, but loved it. It was so good to finally finish something. 😁

Haha, yeah thanks. Although, it’s more like I need less story ideas right now. 😃

Currently writing the Hostanica Files with the assistance of B-bot, my PAIA (Personal AI Assistant.)

filewriter@base13x
                      @filewriterbase13x

@daughteroftheking, 😀. I will try not to do too many spoilers. Meaning, as few as possible. Thank you! Yes, I drew it yesterday. The paper got a little messed up so it’s not the best picture, but I still like it. I was really fun to draw too. 😃 Especially B-bot. Here’s the whole thing, if you want a better look.

NC Stokes
                        @daughteroftheking
                          • Total Posts: 1156

@filewriterbase13x I like it! B-bot is very cute.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

filewriter@base13x
                          @filewriterbase13x

@daughteroftheking, thanks! Yes, he is. 😛 It was really fun to draw. Did I say that already? Anyways, thanks. I am glad you like it.😉

Ariel Ashira
                            @ariel-ashira
                              • Total Posts: 739

@filewriterbase13x Your WIP sounds cool.  Do you write poems?

@rochellaine
                              You have eight adopted siblings?!!  Wow.  That is so awesome!  How many siblings do you have in all?  I have an older sister, and two younger sisters, and none of us were adopted.  I wish I had more siblings!

And can I ask a super dumb question?  What is sci-fi?

"In a mask, was he?"

filewriter@base13x
                              @filewriterbase13x

@ariel-ashira, thanks. Um, I have only written one poem so far, but I hope to write more in the future.

Oh, and not to interrupt, but I can answer that question for you. And don’t feel bad about asking “dumb questions”. If you don’t know the answers then you have to ask. Sci-fi stands for science fiction. Science fiction includes any kind of books with fictional scientific facts. For example, my book takes place in the future, so there are a lot of make believe ” scientific ” technology. OK, I probably said more than I needed to, but I hope that answers you question.

Ariel Ashira
                                @ariel-ashira
                                  • Total Posts: 739

@filewriterbase13x Thanks!  I thought that is what it meant, but wasn’t sure.

"In a mask, was he?"

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >