New Blog on the Block!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions New Blog on the Block!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 103

Hey everyone, so I have an annoncement: I have a blog now! (I kinda spoiled that with the title, didnt I?) Anyways, I would love it of you would come check it out, even though it is kinda bare at the moment with only one post. You can see it here.

And once you’ve gone and checked it out, tell me what you think! Any constructive criticism is welcome (I’m an ISTJ, I take criticism very well, so don’t go too easy on me).

Also, any tips on how to make it better, what you think I could write about, tips on how to be consistent, on how to gather inspiration for posts, and what not to do are especially welcome.

Okay, that’s a lot of things I’ve asked you to do, so here is some of the chocolate from the party I’m throwing myself!!!!!!🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

I hope that’s enough for everyone. Enjoy!!!

(P.S. I don’t know who to tag, so could someone do that for me? Pretty please?)

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@radically-surrendered I would be laughing so hard right now. XD I just made a blog, and the title of the post is New Blog on the Block. Hahahahahaha! 😀 New Blog on the Block

Great blog! It’s so pretty! 😉

I’m taking all that chocolate.

So, my basic tips of what’s worked for me so far equals the following.

• follow other blogs. The blog on my sites blog list are blogs that are like you and I. Writers for Christ.
        • to be consistent, I recommend just making a day of the week which you will post a post, tell you’re readers that. That way, they’ll expect the blog post to be coming. It’ll help you be accountable.
        • As for thinking up what to write, I’ve come up with a thousand ideas. I recommend reading through other peoples blog posts. What they write about. Just think of what might be helpful to them and fun at the same time.
        • And if you’re able to make it easy for people to follow you, do so.
        • As for what no to do, I have no idea… I’m still working this out myself. XD

Tags: @dekreel @winter-rose @kate-flournoy @ethryndal @sam-kowal @catwing @notawriter

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper
          • Total Posts: 3515

There. I put you on my blog list. 😁

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous

@dragon-snapper First of all, I had no idea you had titled it the same!!! I must offer you my humblest apologies.

Second, thank you so much!

Third, you have to share. It’s the rules, or something. Besides, if you don’t behave, you don’t get ice cream when the others start showing up. Someone is bound to bring some. (I just didn’t have any right now.)

Fourth, thanks for the tips! You have now earned my highest regard (as long as you share the chocolate XD )

Anonymous

@dragon-snapper And thank you for adding me, and for tagging people. I offer you my deepest gratitude. *bows humbly*

The fledgling Artist
              @notawriter
                • Total Posts: 328

@radically-surrendered

Whoohoo! Congrats!!
                Unfortunately I have zero experience with blogging so I don’t have any tips for you. The ones that dragon snapper suggested sound legit though! 😀
                Oh yeah, Thanks for the chocolate! <3

and I was so confused

Anonymous

@notawriter Thanks, and you’re welcome for the chocolate 😉

Anonymous

By the way, @anyone-and-everyone, if you have a blog/website, I’d love to check it out, so please link me to it!

Sam Kowal
                    @sam-kowal
                      • Total Posts: 635

@radically-surrendered 😀 Awesome!

I think… your blog is like a mug of hot chocolate. Wonderful.

*sees the hot chocolate, and grabs a bunch of mugs from underneath @dragon-snapper ‘s nose*

Good luck, and God bless you with it ;D
                      I don’t have any tips for you as a blogger, because I don’t have a blog. (I’ll get one someday, probably.)
                      Still, I am a reader. So, my tip, as you write, write things that your readers can kind of be engaged in, and feel like they are a part of (of course, you’re probably already planning to do that, just thought I’d mention). Discussions for them to have, or questions for them to think about. Things like that sort of hook me in and keep me involved. Other people might be the same way.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                      Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17
                        • Total Posts: 2522

@radically-surrendered Congrats on the new blog! I’ll be sure to check it out and get back to you. Thanks for the chocolate! #instantfriendship

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                        www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
                        @jenwriter17
                          • Total Posts: 2522

@radically-surrendered I just looked at your blog. It’s so pretty! Looking forward to posts 😊

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                          www.jennaterese.com

Anonymous

@sam-kowal Thank you ever so much!!! And hot chocolate is just about the nicest compliment anyone ever gave me… I think… 😛

Anyways, it’s also good to hear what readers are interested in, so I’ll keep it in mind 😉

Anonymous

@jenwriter17 Thank you so very much!!!

Grace H.
                              @gh24682468999
                                • Total Posts: 199

@radically-surrendered Congratulations 🙂 I’m following, but I had this really rich brownie today, so I’ll politely decline the chocolate.

I’m still growing my blog at the moment, but a tip for being consistent would be to write about things you love and are passionate about. I started my blog writing about literally whatever and was unable to continue to be consistent because I didn’t know what to write about. But now I’ve consolidated what I want to post about to two main things which I both love, and it’s helping me. I have yet to keep up that consistency goal (time will tell) but things are happening and that’s better than nothing. Let’s grow together!! 😀

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                                literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Anonymous

@gh24682468999 Thank you! I have a pretty good idea of what my blog is about, but I’m still worried about consistency… when I get stuck, I’ll usually suddenly get a burst of inspiration about something totally off topic… that’s actually how I got my new story idea XD I couldn’t think of how to get my post to say what I wanted it to, so I started to look for photos I could use for it, and lo and behold, a man playing cello in the woods XD But I’m gonna push through, because it is far too early to quit now.

Also, I followed you back (is writers have to stick together, right?), so now we can keep each other accountable ;p

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >