Name That Brick Wall– What Makes Writing Hard?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Name That Brick Wall– What Makes Writing Hard?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Spradlin
    @spradlin
      • Total Posts: 189

Hey folks!

So I’m curious: what are the brick walls that you tend to run into while you’re writing or trying to be a writer? Big or small, ridiculous or serious, I want to know!

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Reading bookbub articles, refreshing the helping writers become authors page, and doing this.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

Yes. @Daeus said it all. 😛

Also getting caught up reading articles I pulled up so I could check the reality of something I just wrote… or checking my dad’s Twitter account… or looking up images for a castle or a sword or a really cool costume. Anything cool and interesting, in fact. 😛

Hope Ann
          @hope
            • Total Posts: 1092

Titles and endings. Also middles, plots, characters, and sometimes even beginnings. And writing instead of staring out the window. 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Rolena Hatfield
            @rolena-hatfield
              • Total Posts: 405

Deciding that I’m going to write some now and then trying to come up with the best possible scene that should come next… and then rethinking it and rethinking it and… well you get the picture. My fingers don’t even hit the keys sometimes.

Pinterest. It’s great for inspiration, but it’s a good thief of time.

Excuses, excuses excuses. I have to practice my music. I need to bake something. I have to sleep. I need a snack. My brain can’t possible function enough to write right now. This story isn’t worth writing.
              This is pretty much my biggest “brick wall”. Not making the time to write.

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

twitter, articles on twitter, snacks

I’m getting depressed.

My next topic of research is going to be developing good writing habits and writing faster and more. That will be the ultimate procrastination excuse.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Sarah Spradlin
                @spradlin
                  • Total Posts: 189

lol! I hear that Pinterest/Facebook/whatever-isn’t-writing time-eater. That’s me all the time. Seriously. All the time. xD

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                >