January 1, 2018 at 6:52 pm #58647
@mariposa I’ve watched a Daniel Boone show too, but it was year ago. I really like it! I guess you can tell I like westerns 😊January 1, 2018 at 7:24 pm #58650
@mariposa You’re illustrating a trilogy? Is it like a picture book? Or more of a comic? Or a book with illustrations?? Please, tell me more! That’s so cool 😲😲😲😲😲
I can't believe it's not butter!January 1, 2018 at 11:28 pm #58667January 2, 2018 at 9:58 am #58679
- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3912
@jenwriter17 well first of all, I must have somehow missed your introduction cuz I don’t remember saying hello. Hello, and welcome. 😉 I’m an old timer here, but I haven’t been around much lately due to crazy life. I’m so pleased to see new faces filling in.
Writing goals… *whimpering laugh*
January 2, 2018 at 10:55 am #58688
- FINALLY get the third draft of the book I’ve been working on for… eh… about two years straight now ‘completed’ and off for major beta-reading.
- Write one of the shorter standalone novels/novellas floating around in my head so I can actually publish something.
- Completely outline my series of eleven.
- Form good habits of marketing and experiment with the best ways to get more followers and engage them.
- Survive. 😛
@jenwriter17 That makes two of us. 😉 You might also like Laramie, Wagon Train, and Cheyenne because they are westerns. It’s kind of funny, for the longest time I did not like westerns at all. The only westerns I’d seen were ones like Gunsmoke and I thought all westerns were like that. Then my mom got Bonanza from the library and I was hooked after the third episode. 😁January 2, 2018 at 11:03 am #58689
@itisastarrynight It’s a book with illustrations. 🙂 It’s a middle-grade book about a scientist who travels back in time to the dinosaur age. I’ve finished all but one of the illustrations for the first book, but I haven’t done any for the second and only one for the third.
Here’s one from the first book:January 2, 2018 at 12:38 pm #58695January 3, 2018 at 11:14 am #58792January 3, 2018 at 1:18 pm #58803
@mariposa Cool! thanks for showing one of the pictures. It makes me want to start using colored pencil again. .
I’m also planning to do illustrations for my current writing project. Though I’ve only read like 3 of them, it’s going to be comic-style.
I can't believe it's not butter!January 4, 2018 at 10:30 am #58844January 4, 2018 at 12:15 pm #58850
@mariposa A boy named Arlo wants to be an astronaut, and hes close to achieving his dream when plunged into the internal conflict of a deep sea, underwater culture. He has two supporting characters (for awhile muahaha) to help him on his journey.
I can't believe it's not butter!January 4, 2018 at 1:20 pm #58856
I dont usually do “new years resolutions” but I do want to work on
*learn the art fundamentals
*make progress in the writing of my story
*get consistent with when I choose to work on creative projects
I can't believe it's not butter!January 4, 2018 at 2:01 pm #58860
- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3097
Okay. Goals. Resolutions.
I have resolved to get on this topic.
- I’d like to finish the sequel of Sector One.
- Edit the second draft of Sector One to make it a third draft.
- Practice writing query letters and synopsyseses…(D.G. That’s not how you spell that… Quiet! *melts chair*)
- Ahem. Also to write Dragonfly Kiwi.
- Possibly create an author website in the summer.
- Publish something, whether on KP or Amazon
- Brainstorm for another story in my head.
- Plot and write the third book in the Sector One trilogy.
Perhaps I’m being too ambitious.
@kate-flournoy *adds survive to the list*
silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.comJanuary 4, 2018 at 2:42 pm #58877January 4, 2018 at 5:20 pm #58895
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.