My Time Travel Book

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests My Time Travel Book

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Hannah R.
    @his-instrument
      • Total Posts: 229

@daeus I apologize for all the typos in the previous comment. Its not a code saying that I’ve been kidnapped, as it would be of i had sent a typo-infested text to a family member. I’m just typing on my phone, and silly old Autocorrect thinks it knows what I’m trying to say better than I do.

YA Fantasy Writer
      Obsessive Character Namer
      Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

katie
      @lifeofkatie
        • Total Posts: 137

@Daeus – I’d love to pre-read this. I enjoyed your other book and am looking forward to this one as well. Let me know if you need another beta-reader 🙂

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1486

@daeus First off, congratulations!!!! Yay!
          Second, I think you may have posted this at just the right moment. I’m in a golden window of time when work is slowing down and college has not yet started, so I think I can fit it in!

That said, yes I’d love to Beta read! I think you have my email. if not, message me. 🙂

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 1352

@Daeus By September? WOW. Good luck. I’d want it again, if you can still use more. 😀

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

@northerner Thanks 🙂

@his-instrument
              Are you talking about The Prince of the Barbarians?

@lifeofkatie
              Sure, well, it’s all up to you. At the moment, I don’t feel any particular need for another beta-reader, but if it’s something you’d want to do, I’d be more than glad to get your feedback. Each new perspective notices something nobody else did. Now, what you did before was to be an early reviewer. This is a little different. This is basically about giving advice on how the story could be improved. As an early reader, you just read the book and then leave a review. I’d love it if you would do either of these, so just specify your preference.

@emma-flournoy
              Yep, I’m ambitious. 🙂 But you can’t fault me, because you’re obviously ambitious too, putting so much into this book. I’ll tell you what: if you’re going to really have to stretch to make room for it, don’t worry about it. If you can reasonably handle it though, I would be thrilled if you’d critique it again.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Gracie
              @graciegirl
                • Total Posts: 889

Oh, emails. Right. How do we do this again?
                I think I gave you an email way back when I read Edwin Brook, but I’ve sentenced it to retirement since then.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99
                  • Total Posts: 1819

@daeus @graciegirl If you want, love, you can just DM it to me on Insta and I can give it to him? Unless Daeus has a better, more efficient way.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Hannah R.
                  @his-instrument
                    • Total Posts: 229

@daeus No, not Prince of the Barbarians. I have some other people reading that one right now so I’m kind of at a standstill on it. This is an unfinished novel that doesn’t have a title yet, but it’s a fantasy story that has to do with a truth serum, a murder, manhunt for a half-innocent woman, a ghost, a Messiah, and a law-abiding soldier who’s caught up in the middle of it all. It’s an allegory, but I’m trying to out a different spin on the typical Gospel allegory by making it a secondary plot and having characters who are in the spiritual realm help tell the story. Let me know if you can look at it. And you have my email, so you can send me your story whenever. Even if you don’t need more beta-readers, I’ll read it and give you a nice review. 😊

YA Fantasy Writer
                    Obsessive Character Namer
                    Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

katie
                    @lifeofkatie
                      • Total Posts: 137

@daeus

Okay, gotcha. Thanks for helping me to understand. 😉 Sure, I’d love to be an “early reader” and leave a review. I think that would be my forté at this point. 😉

Hope Ann
                      @hope
                        • Total Posts: 1092

@daeus This book comes highly recommended. 😀 Though… I don’t have time for a page by page beta reading like I did last time. I should be able to read it through in a month and jot notes on each chapter or anything plot or character wise that catches my eye if that works for you.

As for a manuscript swap… even if it wasn’t taken, 170,000 is a bit over your word count. XD

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Daeus
                        @daeus

@hope Sure.

@his-instrument
                          While I don’t have time to completely beta read it, I could brainstorm with you about the overall plot, characterization, theme, and stuff like that. I might be able to beta read the first couple chapters too, just for stylistic stuff. I don’t know for sure, but we’ll wait and see.

@graciegirl
                          @hope @his-instrument @emma-flournoy @winter-rose @northerner @that_writer_girl_99 @dragon-snapper
                          Okay! Let’s do this. 🙂 If you don’t mind, what I’m planning to do is divide you all up into two groups. Group one will get the manuscript immediately and group two will get it one week. That way I can fit some editing in between the rounds. Does that sound good? I think I’ll have Emma, Hope, and Northerner go first.

To get in touch with me, you can use my contact form here: http://www.thescratchingquill.com/contact/

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper
                            • Total Posts: 3515

@daeus Okay, sounds good. Though do keep in mind that I will be starting school mid-August.
                            When should I send you my manuscript?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper
                              • Total Posts: 3515

@daeus No, I can do the second one. At first it seemed like you were going to do three main groups, because you had nearing 9 beat-readers. But the second one is fine. I’ll be on vacation soon anyways, so this works best.
                              Will do. roger roger

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
                              @daeus

Oh! I forgot! And I’m looking for a Brittish beta-reader too. I’ve got two characters who are modern Britts, and I have very little idea how modern Britts talk. If you happen to know any Brittish people who might be interested, I would be appreciative.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
                                @hope
                                  • Total Posts: 1092

@daeus Sounds good. I think you have my email from last time.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >