My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Questions and Support My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@rolena-hatfield  @daeus  @aratrea  @………

I don’t know who exactly is in charge of the coding and stuff for the forums, but I have found a few times now that after I post something, when I try to edit it, I click save, and the topic reloads etc… and my entire post is GONE! I can’t get it back, and I have to completely redo it!

Why is this happening? Is there a way to fix it? Or does it have something to do with MY computer?

I don’t know how many other people here have experienced it. Just thought I’d bring it to your attention

You can pronounce it however you want.

Josiah DeGraaf
      @aratrea
        • Total Posts: 717

@dekreel That sounds frustrating–sorry you’ve been running into that! Is there a recent forum thread you can point us to where you’ve had this issue? I’m wondering if for some reason the forum software thinks your comments are spam and is trying to remove them from public view.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel So that’s what happened! 🙂 I got a notification in my email that you replied to me but when I went to read it I couldn’t find the post!

@aratrea
          I know it happened to her on my topic Character Name Exchange.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
          @dekreel

@aratrea  Yep, @rochellaine is right! Outside of the topic, before Rochellaine posted, it SAID I posted recently, but my post is gone!

Spam?! Hmmm, that makes sense, actually. It’s happened about three times, and all of those times, I remember that the posts were pretty long. This one was long, too.

If it helps, here is another place where it happened. On the very first post on the topic.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Joy.

Jada Morrison
            @jadamae
              • Total Posts: 199

I had the same problem! I tried to start a thread in poetry critiques and when I edited it, it disappeared.

Jada Morrison
              @jadamae
                • Total Posts: 199
                Josiah DeGraaf
                @aratrea
                  • Total Posts: 717

@dekreel @jadamae Hmm… So I can see in the “Character Name Exchange” thread that the edited post was marked as spam. What happens if you try to edit the first post of the thread? Does the whole thread disappear?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Joy
                  @dekreel

@aratrea  I don’t remember right off the top if a whole thread disappears or not. If it doesn’t disappear, it would probably be on the topic list, but I think the topic itself would be completely empty.

I do remember that I had to create a completely new thread the last time it happened

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >