My Little Corner of Kingdom Pen

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE My Little Corner of Kingdom Pen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dani M
    @dani-m
      • Total Posts: 12

So… I’m a teenage girl in Alaska. (We are adopted by the USA, so we actually evolved from mosquitoes :P) I’m primarily a musician. I sing Broadway all over the house.

I do tons of things off and on. I bake, knit, sew, woodburn, and do calligraphy regularly. I’m planning on studying midwifery (couldn’t get away without referencing school at least once!). And I’m a stickler for keeping things at right angles.

I’ve participated in the National Bible Bee since it began, and have made it to the National level several times, including this year.

That’s probably more than you wanted to know.

As for the world of writing, I heard about KP through Jessica Boyer. My favorite authors are Tolkien and Lewis (whose aren’t they?). I’m no good at writing, honestly, but I keep trying.

And I know hardly anything about using computers.

Reagan Ramm
      @reaganramm
        • Total Posts: 110

Hi Dani! Welcome to the forum!

Living in Alaska sounds so awesome! Have you always lived there?

My Music:
        AndromedaCoastMusic.com

Learn Music Production:
        OrpheusAudioAcademy.com

Hannah C
        @hannah-c
          • Total Posts: 362

Hello Dani!

Alaska, huh? What a beautiful place and certainly one I’d like to see in person one day. I see we share a common interest in midwifery. 🙂

I’m sure you are plenty good at writing but it often seems we are so much worse at it than everyone else. I’ve gone through these times myself but keep persevering. 🙂

Anyway, you can find a little something about me under the topic so brilliantly titled “About Me.” 😀

Welcome to KP!

HC

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

Oh. My. Goodness. Your bio could almost be mine, Dani! Only I was born in Texas and still consider myself a native of that state… so I must have evolved from longhorns. Or fire ants. Or scorpions. Or rattlesnakes. Something like that.
            But I sing, woodburn, do calligraphy, love Tolkien (though I’m a little unsure about Lewis) and knit. Welcome to the forum— please wipe your shoes and leave your sanity at the door.

Dani M
            @dani-m

Reagan: No, I’m a transplant. I moved here when I was eight.

Hannah: Oh, neat! Are you a student, doula, or just interested? I might add that you have a great way of thinking up titles. 😀

Kate: Both of my best friends live in Texas! (Go figure) I love meeting fellow knitters- what’s your most recent project? And I’m not sure what sanity is… I’ve heard about it before, but if you’ve all left it at the door, I’m sure I’ll not learn it here. 😛

Hannah C
              @hannah-c

I’m just interested. And thank you for the kind compliment, I like to think I’m very imaginative. 😀

I, too, am a fellow knitter as well as crocheter and an amature seamstress. 🙂

HC

Dani M
                @dani-m

Well, we’re in the same boat. Kinda. Where are you in school? I’m working on finishing up high school with that as a goal. I did chemistry this summer, and will probably work on herbology and anatomy & physiology this school year/next summer.

I crochet as well. And spin. 🙂

Hannah C
                  @hannah-c

Same here. I haven’t taken chemistry though. I think I’ll take a small business course this year and then eventually I’d like to take herbology. I already know a good deal about our local wild herbs and I’m interested to learn more.

Spinning I have yet to learn. 😀

HC

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy
                      • Total Posts: 3976

Actually my latest knitting project is one my mom started when she was about sixteen, then gave to me to finish a long time later. It’s a scarf. Gulp. I still haven’t finished it. But I am crocheting an afghan that will probably be finished before I turn one hundred. It’s red and brown and green, and done in a ripple pattern.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >