My Favorite Music. What's Yours?

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Music My Favorite Music. What's Yours?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Emily D
    @emily-d
      • Total Posts: 168

@jenwriter17  Hello again!  😛

I love Irish music too!  Do you like Celtic Women?

I really like Christian Contemporary and Christian Pop.  So, I like a lot of Hillsong and Bethel worship songs.  I also like Lauren Daigle, Britt Nicole, Newsboys, and some of The Afters’ songs.

@dekreel
       I really like some of Hollyn’s stuff as well.  And I absolutely love Feel It and Love Broke Thru by TobyMac (who couldn’t? :P)!  I’ve heard Even If and Lifer by MercyMe.

And I like lots of songs from different Christian bands that I haven’t really investigated yet.  I listen to  Christian radio channels, and they keep me up to date on some of the latest music (Vision180, Inspire Digital, and just recently a little bit of Up!), which is nice.  🙂  Anyone else do that?

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@emily-d I don’t think I’ve listened to Celtic Women. I just have one Irish music CD.

I heard the Newsboys once in the God’s Not Dead movie (seen it?), and I really liked them.

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice
          • Total Posts: 3365

@jenwriter17

I love listening to Irish and Scottish dance music, but not usually while I write.

When I’m writing I like instrumental. Movie soundtracks especially (How to Train Your Dragon, Lord of the Rings, Chariots of Fire, etc) and musical soundtracks as well.

My dad listens to a lot of 80s music, so I like some of that, especially the country. Graeme Connors, Lee Kernaghan, Ice House, some of Midnight Oil and that sort of thing.

I don’t listen to a lot of Christian music, strangely enough, but I do love Casting Crowns 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Jenna Terese
          @jenwriter17

@seekjustice I like Irish music too, and country. I’ve heard Casting Crowns a couple times and liked them too.

www.jennaterese.com

Joy
            @dekreel
              • Total Posts: 2304

@jenwriter17  @seekjustice  😀  I like Irish dance music, too! One time I went to a party and I got to learn a few Irish dances. It was SO much fun!

So… What’s the Piano Guys like? Are they instrumental or lyrical?

You can pronounce it however you want.

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17

@dekreel It sounds like fun to learn Irish dances! I’ve done English country dancing a lot and it’s a lot of fun too.

As far a I know, the Piano Guys are instrumental. They’re awesome!

www.jennaterese.com

Joy
                @dekreel

@jenwriter17  Fun!!

I LOVE instrumental music. I need to check out the Piano Guys 🙂

Joy
                  @dekreel

@emily-d  Another TobyMac/Hollyn fan! *high five*

Yes, I love those songs, too. My favorite TobyMac song is “Undeniable,” and my two favorite Hollyn songs are “Obvious?” and “Girl.”

What’s your favorite Hollyn song?

Emily D
                    @emily-d

@dekreel  I’ll look them up, thanks for the recommendations!  Hmmm, my favourite Hollyn song…probably Mine.  But I also love Steady Me and All I Need Is You.  🙂

Emily D
                      @emily-d

@dekreel  Oh nooooo!!!  I just realised that All I Need Is You is the Hollyn song I really don’t like (I figured that BOTH the bold and the italics would be enough emphasis lol).    I got confused between “All I Need Is You” and “Nothin’ On You” somehow.  So it’s Nothin’ On You that I like.  *lets out a sigh*  Okay, so I have now cleared that up.  The truth has conquered over my forgetfulness.  🙂

The fledgling Artist
                        @notawriter
                          • Total Posts: 328

@emily-d

I love Lauren Daigle! Whats your favorite song by her? Mine is hands down salt and light. So beautiful <3
                          I also like for king and country and casting crowns a lot 🙂 Rend collective is a christian band who happens to be Irish 🙂 (I noticed Irish/Celtic music coming up a lot)

and I was so confused

Joy
                          @dekreel

@emily-d  You don’t like “All I Need is You?!” Why?

My two favorite songs by Hollyn are “Obvious?” and “Girl” I also really like “In Awe”

Mariposa Aristeo
                            @mariposa
                              • Total Posts: 335

@jenwriter17 I’d thought I’d pop in here and join the discussion. 🙂

I’m one of those weird writers who don’t like to listen to music while I write, I find it too distracting. However, I like to listen to music before I write because it inspires me. The type of music I like best for that are tunes that remind me of my WIPs. Here are some of my favorites:

Dinosaur soundtrack (this movie is excellent—outbeats Jurrassic Park by a long-shot)

Jurassic Park music (hey, I’m writing dinosaur books, so I must listen to dinosaurish tunes 😜)

Disney’s Tarzan soundtrack

Up soundtrack

Toy Story soundtrack

Monsters Inc. soundtrack

Inside Out soundtrack

If I go by the above music, I seem to be writing a Disney movie. 😅 I like Britt Nicole, Mandisa, Jamie Grace, Newboys, and some other Christians artists also, but not for story inspiration.

Joy
                              @dekreel

@mariposa  Have you ever heard the Finding Dory soundtrack? It’s AMAZING

Jenna Terese
                                @jenwriter17

@mariposa Wow, you like a lot of movie soundtracks! I like the Marvel and Star Wars soundtracks.

I’ll have to check out Dinosaur, ’cause my family likes the Jurassic Park movies too.

www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >