Musical Theatre

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Musical Theatre

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Greta
    @gretald
      • Total Posts: 450

Did someone say “ACTING?” I’m here. Hi. *waves* *grins*
      I LOVE ACTING SO MUCH! It’s the best thing since writing. 😉
      I’m currently in “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” (have you read the book? It’s amazing!), and it’s been so much fun! I do community theater. 🙂 Some of my favorite plays I’ve been in are Anne of Green Gables, A Christmas Carol, A Little Princess, and The True Story of the Three Little Pigs.

ClaireC
      @clairec
        • Total Posts: 628

@gretald, I know the story line of ‘The Best Christmas Pageant Ever’, but I haven’t read it. 🙂

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

BlueJay
        @bluejay
          • Total Posts: 1622

@corissa-maiden-of-praise Yes we did the Modern Major General song. Oscar did a great job with that. Thank thee for thy compliment, my lady. 😉 Fredrick was the only one who was 5 & 1/2 yrs. We tried to keep our voices deeper, but it really didn’t matter too much, as long as we didn’t sing like a soprano. 🙂 Some of the notes were a bit too deep for me though and I just rumbled. 😀 😛 But it was lots of fun.

@gretald
          You’ve been in Anne of Green Gables???? *turns green with envy* Who did you play? 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by BlueJay.
          Corissa Maiden of Praise
          @corissa-maiden-of-praise
            • Total Posts: 256

@BlueJay Ah, I see. 😉

@gretald
            What Bluejay said. *turns green* Anne of Green Gable is one of my favorite stories ever!!! But then, so is The Little Princess and A Christmas Carol. Whoever your director is has great taste! 😀

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

ClaireC
            @clairec

@gretald, I agree with @corissa-maiden-of-praise, your director has fabulous taste! 🙂

Sarah Hoven
              @sarah-h
                • Total Posts: 669

@bluejay Wow, that sounds interesting. And it’s amazing what theatrical makeup can do. You look just like a pirate. 🙂

Greta
                @gretald
                  • Total Posts: 450

@Bluejay
                  Well…actually…I was very blessed to play Anne. 🙂

My director is amazing (if I do say so myself 🙂 )! I love the plays she picks…well, most of the time. 😉

@clairec

Yup, she’s pretty amazing! 😀

@bluejay
                  @corissa-maiden-of-praise @clairc
                  What plays have you all done? I saw the picture from the pirate play that you were in @bluejay, and it looks like it was a ton of fun. 😀

Corissa Maiden of Praise
                    • Total Posts: 256

@gretald When I was about 7 I was in a Thanksgiving play… I had one line. I still remember it. “Are you sure? Mistress Cook said the Indians would cut off our scalps!” 🙂

Beyond that, I’ve been in no plays that reached completion. I’ve attempted to get a couple started, but they always fell by the wayside since there wasn’t enough interest. But this time… this time I think we’ll make it. The cast is smaller and they all seem excited about it. 🙂

But even though I haven’t been in many plays, I’ve been acting pretty much my whole life. When I was really little, my mom was trying to put me down for a nap by pretending to be asleep, and she said the next thing she knew I was kneeling over her saying the lines Belle said when the Beast died. 😀

I also love dramatically reading “The Lady of Shalott.” It’s great fun. 😀

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

ClaireC
                    @clairec

@gretald, I haven’t been in much, just small homeschooling recitals, etc. I’m more of a singer than an actress, but I enjoy acting, so I think it’s really just that I’ve never had the opportunity to do much. I recently did a term of Musical Theatre classes. So, acting, singing and dancing. I really enjoyed that. We had an audition in the last week. 🙂 I’ve been in a very short one-scene play from Pygmalion. And I’m playing a wise man on one day of our upcoming VBS, and Mary Magdalene on another. 🙂

, that’s such a funny story! 🙂

Hobbitchild
                      @hobbitchild
                        • Total Posts: 32

Musical theatre. is. the. best! I’ve been watching some documentaries on how professional companies put together plays. It’s completely fascinating, and it really helps me to know what the audition process would be like if I ever go to an audition (which I really hope will happen).

Some of the best musical theatre songs are from Annie (though they get stuck in your head like crazy). There is a really professional song here from Annie.

The kids are so professional, especially Annie and July, one of the orphans.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >