Medieval Historical Fiction, anyone?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Historical Medieval Historical Fiction, anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jackson Graham
    @warrioroftherealm
      • Total Posts: 115

Does anybody here write historical fiction set in the Middle Ages? I love the Middle Ages, and pretty much all of my historical fiction is set in that time period. Does anybody else do the same thing?

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

I won’t say I write in any era, since I haven’t been writing in earnest very long, but historical fiction is my favorite genre and I love the middle ages. I’m sure I’ll probably mix the two together some day.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rosey Mucklestone
        @writefury
          • Total Posts: 467

I like it pretty well, though haven’t written anything much in that era. A little in Ireland but that’s about it.
          The Peleg Chronicles kind of spoiled me for that genre though. It kind of has a medieval feel to it as far as government and technology. And the author said he’s trying to expand the genre of that, so I started a book set there, though I haven’t gotten too far in it. Here’s his website if you wanted to check that out:http://matthewchristianharding.com/
          Sorry if that turned into a rant. They’re my favorite fiction books ever, so it’s hard not to rant. 😛

Hannah C
          @hannah-c
            • Total Posts: 362

I write historical fiction but not set in the middle ages. Sorry.

HC

Jackson Graham
            @warrioroftherealm
              • Total Posts: 115

@ Rosey M.

I own all three Peleg Chronicles books!!! I’m glad that there are other people out there that like the series! It’s not very well known, but it should be!

Rosey Mucklestone
              @writefury
                • Total Posts: 467

@Jackson

Awesome!!!! 😀 Guess I’ll have someone to freak out with when the 4th book comes out. 😉
                Who’s your favorite character (if you can choose)? I like Fergus. 🙂

Sarah Hoven
                @sarah-h
                  • Total Posts: 669

The only story I’ve ever completed is historical fiction set in the Middle Ages.

Hope Ann
                  @hope
                    • Total Posts: 1092

I don’t write historical fiction, but I write fantasy and base my worlds off a mix of ancient and medieval culture…I use both in my writing though I read more about ancient history.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

S.G.Dewey
                    @s-g-dewey
                      • Total Posts: 35

(Really late in the conversation, sorry. I just joined KP)
                      The onky book I’ve fully finished is set in 1192 England! I’m a big fan of that timeframe as well.

S.G.Dewey
                      @s-g-dewey

@sarah-hoven , Me too! 🙂

Northerner
                        @northerner
                          • Total Posts: 244

@Warrioroftherealm I write medieval historical fiction myself. So far I have two set in 11th-century England (one on each side of the Conquest). I have another set in the seventh century, but that’s a bit early to be defined as medieval. Where and exactly when are yours set?

Sarah Hoven
                          @sarah-h
                            • Total Posts: 669

@s-g-dewey Really? Mine is about Wallace and Bruce; what is yours about?

P. S. My tag is @sarah-h. You can find a person’s tag by clicking on their name, which takes you to their profile. Their tag is usually right next to their picture, with an @ symbol next to it. Sometimes people’s tags are the same as their name, and sometimes they are very different. 🙂

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper
                              • Total Posts: 3515

@warrioroftherealm Most of my stories are fantasy, but they are based off of a medieval type world and government system. As for historical, I haven’t gotten around to that just yet.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

S.G.Dewey
                              @s-g-dewey

@sarah-h , Thanks for helping me with the tag problem.
                                Oh, that’s cool! Mine is based around king Richard’s (the lionheart) crusade.

Louise Fowler
                                @perfectfifths
                                  • Total Posts: 726

Also, very late, but I wanted to post 😉

I love historical fiction in the Middle Ages… I haven’t read a lot of it, but the idea really appeals to me. I have written a couple of fiction stories, which aren’t quite fantasy, seeing as there’s not magic or mythical beasts (well, in one there is, but that’s a legend within the world 😉 ) at the most I just made up the places, so it could potentially be set in the Middle Ages, but I wouldn’t call it historical fiction, seeing as there’s really nothing historical about it! 😀

@writefury
                                  @warrioroftherealm Hey, I also read the Peleg Chronicles, and I loved them! I agree, they did feel like Middle Ages period, and that’s what confused me the most, because, at least in the edition I read, it specifically was saying that it was set not long after the Flood. Please, correct me if I am wrong, because it would definitely make it less confusing, but the impression I got was that it was before Abraham?

@writefury
                                  you mentioned that there would be a 4th book???? :O I thought it’d only be the 3. (also, I agree, I really like Fergus, too)

Currently reading Les Miserables

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >