MBTI

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anna Brie
    @anna-brie
      • Total Posts: 312

I tried doing an MBTI test for the MC of my current WiP. I’ve decided I’ll have to wait until I’ve written a significant amount more. I wasn’t sure what answer to give for half the questions and she came out as an ESTJ which I know is wrong.

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

*pops head in*
        *opens mouth as if to speak, but shakes head*
        *pops head out*
        MBTI was not made for Dragon Snappers.

😉

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Rachelle
        @rachelle
          • Total Posts: 63

@graciegirl
          Haha, that’s great! Yeah, it’s fun to put personality types with different genders or roles that the type is generally found in. Adds some automatic interest, at least for me. =D
          And I know what you mean about writing extraverted being exhusting! XD I had a male ENFP (also sort of a strange combination =P) and he was very difficult for me because he was both extraverted and a feeler. XP I had to do a lot of revising of his scenes to get them to my satisfaction.

Elizabeth
          @that_writer_girl_99
            • Total Posts: 1819

Oh my goodness. @kate-flournoy Help me out, I’m not sure I could accurately take the test for Kara… (the MC in my current WIP)

I’m an INFP, and proud. I feel like Kara would be the same…maybe?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Gracie
            @graciegirl
              • Total Posts: 889

@rachelle @anna-Brie I saw you guys found MBTI a bit unreliable, and I was just wondering if any of you have ever tried using the Enneagram (another personality tool) instead? I found it to be a lot more helpful in regards to characterization. I think the MBTI is better for real life applications, but the Ennegram gives quick insight into the thought processes of each ‘type’ but you don’t have to deal with remembering all of the ins and outs of what the letters mean like in the MBTI. It’s also pretty accurate in my experience.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Gracie.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Jess
              @jess
                • Total Posts: 575

I second the Enneagram. It’s a good alternative if the MBTI test seems to be unreliable 🙂

@graciegirl

Gracie
                @graciegirl

@Jess *high five* Do you know your Ennegram type? Or your MC’s? I’m a 4w5, and my protagonist, Nora, is a 6w5.

Rachelle
                  @rachelle

@graciegirl
                    Ooh, I’ll look into that! However, I don’t find MBTI itself inaccurate/unreliable. Just the online tests. =P I don’t even use tests anymore, I just study up and put characters and people through heavily researched “tests” of my own. I’ve found that way much more reliable. (Though, granted, I have never actually paid to take the official test with an actual member of their group administering it…)

Gracie
                    @graciegirl

@rachelle Oh, yes! I see. I’m the same way, with the Enneagram especially. It’s really hard rely on those free tests which is super disappointing.

Rachelle
                      @rachelle

@graciegirl
                        Makes it more difficult, for sure, but maybe more fun too. =D Like, now we know so much more about this stuff than we would have if we didn’t have to research as much. XP

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >