May I say "Hello"?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE May I say "Hello"?

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17
      • Total Posts: 2522

@mariposa Maybe I’ll just try an episode or two and see how the fam likes it.

Btw, everybody, I just got a KP shirt!!!!!! ‘Write for the Kingdom’😁❤😁❤

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
      www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@mariposa I have seen a little bit of Wagon TrainMy Three Sons, and Leave it to Beaver.  I like Ozzie and Harriet, and especially The Donna Reed Show.  I have heard of several of the others, but never seen them.  I guess now I’ll have to look them up! 🙂 Sea Hunt especially looks interesting.

I just remembered another sit-com I like a lot is Life with Elizabeth, starring Betty White.  It has a very exact format, which actually makes it really funny to watch.  Elizabeth is adorable.  Have you seen it?  Petticoat Junction is also good.

Do you watch old movies as well as TV shows?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@sam-kowal That was Ginger Rogers, all right.  🙂  Actually, at the beginning of their career Fred Astaire said something like “Ginger couldn’t dance, but she was such a great actress she made you believe she could.”  That has to be taken with a grain of salt, of course, considering the fact that his previous dancing partner was his sister who he had worked with since he was five years old, so he was used to his sister’s style, and also the fact that, as you said before, Ginger was “backwards, and in high heels.” 🙂 I’m sure he must have thought she got better at dancing in time, because later he said she was his favorite, or at least most iconic, partner.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@radically-surrendered Yes! 1950’s style is definitely gorgeous.

Does it ever annoy you that when people think of the 50’s they automatically go, “Poodle skirts, saddle shoes, cat-eye glasses, and ponytails,” without any regard for the fact that that was only ONE of the many styles of the time? Ugh! 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Mariposa Aristeo
            @mariposa
              • Total Posts: 335

@rochellaine Oh, yes, I’ve seen Life with Elizabeth! I’ve only seen a couple episodes of Petticoat Junction though.

I watch old movies too, but I haven’t seen as many of those as I have old TV shows. What movies do you recommend? 🙂

Mariposa Aristeo
              @mariposa

@jenwriter17 Neat! 😃 I thought about buying the limited edition “to change the world, pick up your pen and write” shirt but I wasn’t sure what size to get.

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 103

@rochellaine Actually I wouldn’t know about that… Around here most people are more likely to stare blankly and state that that was a long time ago (sad story, I know). I personally love the dresses, the music, and the dancing of the 50s, especially when they’re all together 😉

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@mariposa Um, it kind of depends on what genre you like…

You’ve got mostly Westerns and Sit-Coms/Family-Comedies in your list.  Roy Rogers is definitely my favorite western star.  Almost anything by him is good.  But you’ve probably seen him already.  Another thing I like about him is that later he and Dale Evans became Christians and would always insist on singing a hymn with each performance.

Another western actor I like is Dale Robertson.  However, I first saw him in Take Care of My Little Girl, which is not a western, and that is where I learned to like him, so I don’t list him as my favorite Western actor. 🙂  I do not like John Wayne.

Cary Grant and Irene Dunne did some pretty good comedies in the 30s-40s.

My favorite genre is Musicals.  Do you like musicals at all?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@radically-surrendered Does that mean you like musicals? 🙂

What 50s singers do you like?  A few of my favorites are Gordon MacRae, Jo Stafford, and Doris Day.  Favorite dancers are Donald O’Connor, Debbie Reynolds, and Gene Nelson.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Sam Kowal
                      @sam-kowal
                        • Total Posts: 635

@rochellaine 😀 That’s funny that he said that XD, because yeah, then later they iconic for their dancing.

Although, it does make sense seeing that she was new to him.

And Ginger was kind of a multifaceted performer, too- actress, singer, and dancer, although she was most remembered for dancing, I think.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                        Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@sam-kowal Yes, Ginger was talented in many areas.  She was an especially good comedienne.

You know so much about classic film stars – do you watch classic movies much?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Mariposa Aristeo
                          @mariposa

@rochellaine I’ve actually never seen anything by Roy Rogers. *covers face in shame* 😅

I don’t like John Wayne either. He’s too…serious I guess?

I love musicals, but I haven’t seen very many. 😥

Josiah DeGraaf
                            @aratrea
                              • Total Posts: 717

@rochellaine Late to the party, but welcome to the forum! 🙂

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Sam Kowal
                              @sam-kowal
                                • Total Posts: 635

@rochellaine Actually, I don’t really watch that many. 😛 But I read a lot of history, especially from that time period. And sometimes I just read a lot about a random subject. For some reason I know more about Ginger Rogers than any of her other contemporaries XD

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                                Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >