May I say "Hello"?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE May I say "Hello"?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Silverclaw Bonnetfolly
    @silverclaw-bonnetfolly
      • Total Posts: 69

@rochellaine You watch Hogans Heroes?!

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel apparently you do know something after all, about the other Star Trek series, as Worf is, in fact, a Klingon!  Congratulations and here is an award for passing the trivia test! 🙂

@sam-kowal
        I have heard of Stan, and he sounds sweet, though not quite as awe-striking as I had been led to believe dragons were supposed to be.  (If it would hurt his feelings to know that, just tell him he’s sweet.)

How is it possible to pick the most interesting event that took place over a period of sixty years?!!! You know not what you ask! Actually, most of what I like about that period of history is not specific events, but the culture and style of the time.  I like to learn insignificant details like the fact that in the 1940s girls used nail polish to glue their bobby socks to their ankles so the socks wouldn’t fall down in wrinkles.  Strange, but true.  A few near-events I could mention are the Rodgers and Hammerstein team-up in 1942, Dior’s invention of the “New Look” in women’s fashion in 1947, the marriage of Adele Astaire in 1932 to a European nobleman which forced her brother Fred to look for another dancing partner, whom he found in Ginger Rogers, and the formation of the USO in 1941.

So you see, my view of history is a bit different from most.  🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly Umm, is that bad or good?

Of course I watch Hogan’s Heroes! The question is, do you watch it?  Who is your favorite character?  I personally love Carter because he’s so adorably out of it most of the time, but when he’s needed, he can do almost anything Hogan wants.  Most of my younger siblings like Sgt. Schultz, of course.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
          @dekreel
            • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine *takes award* Lucky guess! I knew there was a Klingon in TNG, but I didn’t know his name XD

You can pronounce it however you want.

Ben Powell
            @supermonkey42
              • Total Posts: 273

@rochellaine That’s pretty cool. Maybe the reason everyone thinks of the wars and politics is because that’s mainly what they teach in school. 🙂 They should teach more of the other side of things as well.

Yeah, That was what I had in mind. Maybe I’ll give it a try. After I finish my half a dozen other ideas. 😀

It’s funny, because the places where people report “alien” sightings are almost always next to military or government bases, so it would seem pretty obvious that it’s some military test. I guess some people are just really convinced.

A Kapeefer for life!
              Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice
                • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine Welcome to Kingdom Pen! Have you ever read any of Tolkien’s early poetry? I’ve been reading a bit of it lately and really enjoying it, you might like it too! Where abouts in the world are you from? How old are you? (only if you feel comfortable answering!)

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Daeus
                @daeus
                  • Total Posts: 4238

@rochellaine Welcome!

I love Hogan’s Heroes. I must have watched 100 episodes. At least if feels like it. I like Newkirk and Carter the best. 🙂

I am sometimes more comfortable singing when there are strangers around than talking.

lol. I can totally relate. Even when they’re not strangers.

Would it be too bold of me to ask if you could share one of your poems?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Mariposa Aristeo
                  @mariposa
                    • Total Posts: 335

@rochellaine Greetings! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosaurus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur) give you a hearty handshake!

I love the 1950s! Do you happen to like watching old TV shows like The Andy Griffith Show or Bonanza?

By the way, I love your name. 🙂 How is it pronounced?

The fledgling Artist
                    @notawriter
                      • Total Posts: 328

@rochellaine

Hello! Hope you feel welcome here 😀
                      What kind of music do you like?

and I was so confused

itisastarrynight
                      @itisastarrynight
                        • Total Posts: 134

@rochellaine Welcome! Hello! I’m not very great at introducing myself, either.. Glad we have that in common atleast 😀
                        What music do you like to sing?

I can't believe it's not butter!

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice This will probably sound horribly treasonous to most of you here, but my knowledge of Tolkien extends to Leonard Nimoy’s Ballad of Bilbo Baggins and no farther! 🙂   But I would be happy to read some of his poems.  Can you recommend any specific ones?

I am in the mid-east of the USA.  Think Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Delaware… Moderate temperatures, no accents. 🙂

As for my age, I believe I am among the older half of the people here.  I am eighteen.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@mariposa I am a bit wary of accepting handshakes from anyone who eats books or is friends with a book-eater.  Can you give me some assurance that my books will not be eaten before I shake your hands?

I like Andy Griffith in moderation – because I am not very fond of Barney.  I like the spin-off, though, Gomer Pyle, USMC.   Bonanza is wonderful.

Oh, my name!  It’s not actually my name.  🙂 It is a mixture of the names of two of my favorite actresses.  Pronounced Rosh-ell-ayn.  Light accent on the first, and heavy accent on the last syllable.  Your name is pretty, too.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kylie
                            @kballen
                              • Total Posts: 65

@rochellaine Welcome to the amazingiest place on the internet!! What is your favorite food?

Harry Potter forever!!!!

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@notawriter and @itisastarrynight I like Opera/Operetta because it’s fun to sing, and I love popular songs and musicals from the 30s, 40s, and 50s.  Especially songs by Bing Crosby, Gordon MacRae, and Jo Stafford.  My favorite composer is Jerome Kern, who wrote Show Boat and Roberta.

And of course, the old hymns.  My family went to a Christian conference once, and in the evening after the conference there was a piano which about fifty of us stood around and sang with for three hours!  One of the best memories!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@daeus I wouldn’t mind sharing my poems, but the format of this forum is not great for posting poems here.  Between every line is a double-space, which would make the poem twice as long as it is supposed to be.  If you could recommend how to feasibly post a poem, I can do so.

@kballen
                                  Hi! I’m not sure what my favorite food is, but a couple things I like are salads and desert breads such as banana bread, lemon bread, or pumpkin bread.  I also like sauerkraut, which most of my siblings think is very strange. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >