May I say "Hello"?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE May I say "Hello"?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

Hi everyone, I’ve known about Kingdom Pen for over a year, but am finally joining the forums.

I’m not very good at introducing myself, but I will just say that I like to write, (which is probably obvious, or I wouldn’t be here?), I like to sing, (which is not obvious yet, but would be if you spent fifteen minutes near me in real life…), and I am very interested in American culture from about 1910-1970 (to the extent that my brother tells me the dictionary word for it is “wonk”!).

Okay, I guess that’s all…for now.  If it was confusing, I can probably clarify, but I’m not writing any more in this post. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@rochellaine welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! I love singing too. 😀 Do you like poetry? Do you know your MBTI type? What’s your favorite genre?

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@kate-flournoy I like poetry, but mostly the classic poets, such as Tennyson or Longfellow.  My favorite kind, however, is comic poetry such as that written by W.  S. Gilbert (as in “Gilbert and Sullivan”) or A. A. Milne.  That is the kind I usually write.

My favorite genre to read is historical fiction, but I write a mixture of present-day fiction and science fiction as well.

I took a MBTI test a while ago, twice, and got a different result each time, but by now I’ve forgotten what the results were.  Sorry.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@rochellaine no no, it’s fine. XD

Longfellow has some really great stuff. Tennyson too, though I haven’t read as much of it. Mostly just The Lady of Shalott. ;P

Joy
            @dekreel
              • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine  Greetings and welcome to the bestest place in cyberspace!!!!

I like to sing, too! Although I’m kind of shy about it. What are your favorite books and TV shows?

You can pronounce it however you want.

Elizabeth
              @that_writer_girl_99
                • Total Posts: 1819

@rochellaine Hi! Welcome to KP.

Where are you from?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@dekreel I guess it’s funny, but I am sometimes more comfortable singing when there are strangers around than talking.  🙂 What do you like to sing?

Favorite books – oh, how do I condense that?  Well, at present two of my favorite authors are Grace Livingston Hill and Carolyn Wells.  I like historical fiction, and some of the best modern authors for that (in my opinion) are Lois Walfrid Johnson and Robert Elmer.

As for tv shows, I completely go for the classic, as in really old 1950s-60s shows.  I like Bonanza, the General Electric Theater with Ronald Reagan, and Hogan’s Heroes, to name a few.  Besides those, my brother is a huge fan of Star Trek, so I like that too.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

Hi @that_writer_girl_99

I am in the U.S. in the middle of the east coast.  It’s a good place to have less cold than some states and less heat than others.  Though right about now I’m wishing there was more heat! 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                    @dekreel

@rochellaine  I’d be embarrased XD  I like singing harmony to songs I like, mostly

Huh! Interesting! I like 1980s Dr Who, so we sort of have something in common

I like Star Trek, too! Specifically the original series 🙂

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@kate-flournoy The only “book-poems” I have read are The Courtship of Miles Standish and Shakespeare’s plays, as well as a little bit of Milton’s Paradise Lost which I’m always meaning to finish.  I lean toward the shorter poems that are generally four pages long or less.  Of course, I do know what The Lady of Shallot is about, since after reading Anne of Green Gables I had to look it up.  But I don’t like tragedies overmuch, so that is not on my favorites list. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ben Powell
                        @supermonkey42
                          • Total Posts: 273

@rochellaine Welcome! Singing is a great skill that, unfortunately, I am lacking in. 🙂 I play percussion, though.

Hmm… 1910 – 1970. I like that period too, but I’m particularly fascinated with the 1910s and the ‘40s – ‘50s. Really I like all history though.

I just had a thought – someone could try to mix historical fiction and sci-fi. The sci-fi part probably wouldn’t be futuristic technology, but more the fantastic/dystopian side. Who knows, it could work.

A Kapeefer for life!
                          Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@dekreel I like TOS for its really well written and acted banter between the main cast members, but the true favorite of myself and my brother is Voyager.  However, my favorite character is actually Worf, from TNG and DS9.  So, I guess I like a little from every series.

@supermonkey42
                            I like the 1910s for the books, the 40s for the drama movies and westerns (Roy Rogers!), and the 50s for the musicals.  Does that work?  🙂

Though most people when they say they like a certain period mean world events and politics, such as the 40s for WWII and the 50s for the Red Scare and the Korean War, my research is more in the lines of music, fashion, and language.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

Oh, and @supermonkey42, the historical fiction/sci-fi/fantasy idea could work, if you think about the fact that in the 40s were some of the first recorded “alien sightings” which everyone believes probably meant top-secret Japanese or US technology.  That could be an interesting premise if done right.  It has been used to a small extent in a couple of sci-fi tv shows I know of, so it would have to be well-written.

Is that similar to what you had in mind?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                              @dekreel

@rochellaine  Is Worf a Klingon? Sorry, I know NOTHING about the other Star Treks XD  My favorite character is Spock X)

Sam Kowal
                                @sam-kowal
                                  • Total Posts: 635

@rochellaine 🙂 Welcome to the awesomeestist place on the internet

Stan, my dragon pal, says hi, too. He’s my best friend, because I rescued him when he was runt.

I like to write, too 😀 It’s one of my favorite things ever

And also, I like singing, although I’m pretty horrible at it. So I’d like it more if I got better. (Stan has to put headphones on whenever I do it.)

History is great 😀

That’s an interesting time period that you like

I like history in its entirety, mostly, from ancient periods to now. What’s the most interesting event from 1910-1970 in America that took place, in your opinion?

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                                  Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >