May I ask for some help? -World Naming-

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy May I ask for some help? -World Naming-

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
      • Total Posts: 3515

That is a lot of ‘r’s…I love the Caramin, but I think you could go without one of those ‘r’s in Orrr.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Ganadir sounds cool. Really though, you know your own world the best, so if anything really jumps out at you, that’s probably the right name.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Greta
        @gretald
          • Total Posts: 450

@aella
          I like all the names you came up with! I’d have to say, though, that I like Ganadir and Caramin the best, but that’s just my opinion. It’s really up to you. 🙂 😉

Hannah
          @aella
            • Total Posts: 160

@dragon-snapper @daeus @gretald
            Thank you all!!☺️ I’m currently planning on Ganadir as the “world” most likely, with a possibility of the other two being forests or countries:). Again, thanks! ??

Greta
            @gretald
              • Total Posts: 450

@aella No problem. 😉

Hope Ann
              @hope
                • Total Posts: 1092

Orrr Caramin looks cool…especially is someone could trill the ‘r’s out. I envision a world on the more solid, slightly epic side. The only thing that gives me pause is that Caramin sounds like Carman, which is the name of a Christian singer.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Anna Brie
                @anna-brie
                  • Total Posts: 312

I like Caramin and Viliden.

Caramin makes me think of the colour carmine. Or rather the word. I’m not actually sure what colour it is.

And I just have a love for name beginning with ‘V’. I don’t know why, but I’ve got several in my own writing.

Hannah R.
                  @his-instrument
                    • Total Posts: 229

@aella One thing to do is purchase a baby name book or use a baby naming app. I have discovered patterns through researching names. For instance, the suffix “win” means “friend” in English. “Geir” means “spear,” “bjorn” means “bear,” “olf” means “wolf,” etc. So you can combine things like that. For instance, I have a character named Garawyn, which came from Geir + wyn= friend with a spear. Another character is named Wynolf, which is wyn + olf = friendly wolf. If you have a particular meaning in mind you can use this method. Or, you can always take a normal name and stick a y where there’s usually an i.

YA Fantasy Writer
                    Obsessive Character Namer
                    Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >