Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976

@Christi-Eaton @Emma-Flournoy YOU GUYS ARE HAVING A LES MIS PARTY WITHOUT ME???? *sniff* I’m so betrayed.
      *wanders off singing ‘On my own…’*

Brandon Miller
      @brandon-miller
        • Total Posts: 42

@Christi-Eaton
        It’s a free country, you can sing whatever you want.

@kate-flournoy

Well played.

Emma Flournoy
        @emma-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 1352

Oh @Christi-Eaton how exciting! I did see that conversation. I’m sure it would be…interesting (and fun?) to play Madame Thenardier…but…well, she has her problems. 😛 Good luck!!!

Oops @Kate-Flournoy. I thought you might be miffed about it. 😀 Too sad. I knew you’d be back soon enough to join in. Come on and sing like a revolutionary—it’s so lonely to be all on your own. *sniff*

Just kidding. We’re on the opposition. Help me sing ‘Stars’. The louder the better. We are the law.

What’s your favorite song from Les Mis, Christi?

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@Emma-Flournoy nah. I’d rather throw in my lot with the rebels, thanks.

@Brandon-Miller
            😀

Emma Flournoy
            @emma-flournoy

@Kate-Flournoy Your loss. *gives you extreme look of Javertian authority*

Christine Eaton
              @christi-eaton
                • Total Posts: 306

@emma-flournoy @kate-flournoy Favorite song? Nope, I love them all equally, just like they are all my children.

Also @Sierra-r Sorry for hijacking your post. 🙂

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Sierra
                @sierra-r
                  • Total Posts: 46

@jadamae GREETINGS, FELLOW QUIZZER. At least, I assume you’re a fellow or former quizzer since you asked about it 😛 I quiz with CBQ and we’re memorising Luke this year. This is my fourth (and last… so sad to grow up) year doing it, but I’m just as excited about the upcoming meet as my rookie 12-year-old brother! My standard goal is to spend about an hour a day memorising (or five… if a meet is really close). As you can probably tell I’m really into it 😀

What league do you quiz with? And since I likely won’t recognise the name, that’s an open invitation to tell what book you’re doing, what equipment you use, the size of your team, the glory of your past victories, and a complete summary of your rulebook. I’m serious. Well, maybe for all except the last one 😀

Sierra
                  @sierra-r

@winter-rose. Not sure which one was my favourite, I read them so fast they all blur together. All the more reason to read them again 🙂

@christi-eaton
                    No worries. *bursts into an extremely passionate rendition of Stars as I disappear off among the rooftops*

Greta
                    @gretald
                      • Total Posts: 450

@emma-flournoy @christi-eaton @kate-flournoy
                      I deserve to be a part of this conversation! *outrage* Les Mis is my favorite thing since…since…Ice cream! 😉
                      *runs away singing Les Mis songs* *cries in corner because I wasn’t invited to be part of this conversation* 😛

@christi-eaton

That is SO cool that you are Cosette! Oh my goodness. *turns green with envy* I’ve always wanted to be in Les Mis! 😀

Emma Flournoy
                      @emma-flournoy

@Christi-Eaton Heh, I know what you mean. 😀

@Sierra-R
                        Oh you like Les Mis too? That makes me feel better about the whole hijacking think. 😛

@Gretald
                        The best thing since ICE CREAM? Seeing as this is you talking, you must like it well. 😉 Here, you can have a cane, long overcoat, and top hat for your appeasement.

Sarah Hoven
                        @sarah-h
                          • Total Posts: 669

@kate-flournoy @everyone Do you like any of the Les Mis movies, or just the play?

Emma Flournoy
                          @emma-flournoy

@Sarah-H I haven’t seen any of the movies, and to tell you the truth I’m a little leery of doing so. I don’t want to watch one that ruins the story, as so many movies do of books. Have you watched any? I would love to watch an accurate one, but I don’t know if there are any.

Sarah Hoven
                            @sarah-h

@emma-flournoy I guess I have the opposite problem. I’ve never seen the play, and I don’t have time to read the book, but the story sounds very intriguing, so I was hoping there was a good movie about it. We just got two different ones from the library, and I was wondering if anyone had watched the movies, and whether they stick to the storyline or ruin it. Since I haven’t read the book, I won’t know what’s accurate and what’s just Hollywood.

Sierra
                              @sierra-r

@Sarah-H @emma-flournoy I haven’t seen the play the play either, but I’ve read the 1500+ page book and I have to say the 2012 movie did an excellent job capturing its spirit and fleshing out the two dozenish characters. A few parts were rushed (Marius and Cosette’s romance, for one), but they could hardly make it any longer than its already weighty length of 3 hours. You might want to watch it on Vidangel though or at least have the remote close at hand for a scene or two, since it does show some of the book’s mature subject matter. Anyhoo, I’m willing to bet it won’t disappoint!

Sarah Hoven
                                @sarah-h

@sierra-r Thank you! I’m glad to know there’s one that’s accurate.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >