Just Chatter #2

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 53

@that_writer_girl_99 Yup, they do. AND a female Ninja Warrior got up the warped wall in the first season (supposedly that didn’t happen until season six on the American one, and it still hasn’t happened on the English one!!)

Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99
        • Total Posts: 1819

*grins* Just had to throw that in there, huh? @holly-nelson-gray

Cool beans, guys.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Anonymous

@perfectfifths My most humble apologies for watching an inferior television production. XD

Anonymous

@that_writer_girl_99 Yup, Aussies are nothing if not competitive. 😝

Christine Eaton
            @christi-eaton
              • Total Posts: 306

@that_writer_girl_99 Haha nope not annoyed at all.
              @holly_nelson_gray

Well as a native Southern Californian I can tell you that it’s not infrequent to find a lot of surfers by the beach. But I live near Huntington Beach and there are quite a few there. My brother surfs, and my youth pastor, and quite a few of my friends, I’ve been wanting to learn but I haven’t yet. So to answer your question, at least where I live (right near the beach) there are a decent number, but otherwise I don’t really think so, especially once you get up to Northern Cali.

I’m actually going to the beach tomorrow 🙂

Also, I personally say “dude” but most of the surfer dude lingo is greatly exaggerated.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Louise Fowler
              @perfectfifths
                • Total Posts: 726

Kinda related to slang (I guess) I find that a lot of Americans say stuff in really odd ways XD Especially words with T’s, they say them as D’s. “Doday, liddle, muddering,” are just some examples 🙂

And like someone mentioned, the like thing, but I know some Aussies that do that to 😉 (I personally am trying very hard to not do that) I think that’s just lazy speech, trying to fill in words, when they’re really not needed.

Currently reading Les Miserables

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

@holly-nelson-gray I’m actually on the opposite coast. 😛 I really wish I could surf though.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Corissa Maiden of Praise
                  @corissa-maiden-of-praise
                    • Total Posts: 256

This is for all the wonderful Aussies on the forum… *mischievous grin*

@sarah-h
                    @bluejay @perfectfifths @all-the-others-whose-names-i-can’t-remember-at-the-moment

Cat Pic

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Louise Fowler
                    @perfectfifths
                      • Total Posts: 726

@corissa-maiden-of-praise That’s funny. That’s really, really cute 😀

How about this? 😉

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Louise Fowler.

Currently reading Les Miserables

Emily D
                      @emily-d
                        • Total Posts: 168

@perfectfifths @that_writer_girl_99 @dragon-snapper @holly-nelson-gray @corissa-maiden-of-praise @christi-eaton @anyone-else-I’ve-forgotten

Okay, so I say “like,” like, ALL the time. Seriously. I don’t like saying “dude” too much, it gets a bit OTT after a while. I’d rather say “mate.” Which some peeps would consider sounding kinda rough. I don’t usually say it, but when I do, I usually say it without thinking, and then I’m like, “Well, that sounded bad.” So I try not to say it…

And, yes, Aussies are like the most competitive people on earth-I’m pretty sure that we’re all born with an invisible spoon in our hand haha. 😉 (I’m not if everyone will get this, might be just a family joke, so if you don’t-well, I’d say that you aren’t alone! Which reminds me of a possible Aussie slang word…)

When Calls The Heart is absolutely A-MAZ-ING! I introduced Holly to it, so now we’re crazy fans! Plus the person who plays the main guy is an Aussie, so that’s like a big bonus. What TV series do y’all like (sorry Louise 😉 )

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Emily D
                        @emily-d

Just for a laugh 😉 Seven More Lies About Homeschoolers: This is hilarious! Thanks @holly-nelson-gray for introducing me to there 🙂 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHg1Chcdvng

Hannah
                          @salome01w4g
                            • Total Posts: 991

@emily-d Blimey cow!!!! 😀

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 1330

@salome01w4g @emily-d I LOVE blimey cow!

Emily D
                              @emily-d

@salome01w4g @Emily Hip hip hurray! I watched The Twelve Types of Homeschool Moms today-so fun! 😛 And @Emily ANOTHER EMILY!!!! *grins* Not often that I meet any Emilys, and I don’t think that I’ve ever met one with her name spelled the same as mine 🙂

@EpicAddie2
                                @Joy Hey girls! How’s the KP journey going? 🙂

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 1330

@Emily-d I was born in 2004 and that was the most common girls name that year. I’ve met several other Emilys around. But I am really glad to find another one on the forum 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 382 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >