Just Chatter #2

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @that_writer_girl_99
      • Total Posts: 1819

I’m in Quebec City right now. We leave tomorrow and I think I might cry my way through the entire flight. @perfectfifths

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Louise Fowler
      @perfectfifths
        • Total Posts: 726

@that_writer_girl_99 Aw, you enjoyed it that much? 😀 I’ve only been overseas once in my life, the States when I was 5, to visit my dad’s family for Christmas. I only vaguely remember it. But I’d love to go again, to visit some very good friends I’ve made who live over there. That, or go to Europe. But Canada sounds like a great place to visit as well 😀

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Louise Fowler.

Currently reading Les Miserables

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99

Yes, I’ll definitely miss Canada! Being here has made me realize how terrible rude we Americans tend to be…I’m going to strive to be nicer lol!

You live in Australia, right? Very cool. @perfectfifths

Louise Fowler
          @perfectfifths

@that_writer_girl_99 I hope you don’t find it insulting that I found that funny 😉 It’s always interesting when a British show, especially, have an American character, and they are always more rude.

And yes, I live in Australia 🙂 Thanks

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99

At least I can own up to it, right? 🤣

@perfectfifths
              So… how long have you been on KP? Do you write stories or poems?

Louise Fowler
              @perfectfifths

@that_writer_girl_99 Haha, yep 😀 By the way, how do you do more faces than just the usual 🙂 🙁 😀 😛 😉 ???

I have been on KP for about a year or more now. I first discovered it reading an article about fantasy and the Christian writer (and I think that was the title of it too 😉 ) but I didn’t join until about a year later.

I write stories, fiction, usually fantasy-related in some way. I haven’t really been a big fan of poetry except a select few, and story poems, like Hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carrol, and a few by Banjo Patterson.

What about you? 😀

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99

Oh, they’re emojis–I’m on my iPhone right now, so I have the special keyboard thing. 🤗

I found KP…randomly, I guess. I was on some website…I don’t even remember what it was, and there was an ad for it, but I ignored it and kept doing my schoolwork. A few hours passed. Then my mom told me that she’d found a Christian writing website and suggested that I try it out…that was a few months ago and I haven’t looked back. It was totally a God thing. I was feeling really insecure and not at all confident in my writing abilities, but KP has helped me gain a new confidence.

I enjoy writing science-fiction stories. @perfectfifths

Louise Fowler
                  @perfectfifths

@that_writer_girl_99 Aha, sneaky 😉

That’s cool 😀 I found the articles really helpful, but now I’m finding even more help with the people, since I joined the forum as well. You learn so much from asking other people their experience 🙂

Oh, that’s cool. I’ve considered sci-fi as well, but nothing’s ever come of it yet 😉

Emily D
                    @emily-d
                      • Total Posts: 168

@dragon-snapper How SAD that you haven’t seen a kookaburra in real life!!!! Actually…it’s probably a good thing that you haven’t. They can kinda drive people crazy after a while. They start cackling their heads of at like 6 AM evey morning…and sometimes they snatch sausages off people’s barbeques when they’re cooking…gross, I know. Not really painting a great picture of Down Under hygiene. I’m sure that @perfectfifths please assure poor dragon snapper that Australia is clean-barring the birds on the barbeque, of course. Note: now if you ever go to Australia, beware of barbeque cooked sausages.

I’m such a tease. 😝

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Louise Fowler
                      @perfectfifths

@emily-d @dragon-snapper Well, I don’t hear kookaburras very often, so when I do, I think it’s cool 😀 And I’ve ever had one snatch a saussie off the barbie 😉

Corissa Maiden of Praise
                        @corissa-maiden-of-praise
                          • Total Posts: 256

@perfectfifths I actually have an Australian question for you… I recently read an article about some Australian jargon, and I was curious how wide-spread it was. I can’t remember what it was called… but here’s a sample sentence using it based on what I learned from the article. Do you understand it?

I’m taking the billy-lids on the frog and toad with my trouble and strife.

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper
                            • Total Posts: 3515

@perfectfifths Okay, forgive my silly Americaniness, but what does ‘I’ve never had one snatch a saussie off the barbie’ mean? Does it mean it never took a sausage off of the barbecue? 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper
                              • Total Posts: 3515

Oh yeah. Didn’t see @emily-d ‘s post before. I gotcha.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Louise Fowler
                              @perfectfifths

@corissa-maiden-of-praise Aha, that’s rhyming slang 😀 I don’t know it all, but from context, I’m guessing “billy-lids” means “kids.” So that sentence says “I’m taking the kids on the road with my wife.”

*Looks it up to make sure I’m not misinforming you* Yep, that’s it 😀 And here’s a resource for your enjoyment 😉

http://jendi.bowmeow.com.au/rhymingslang1.html

Just let me warn you, Aussies can be kind of crude, and I haven’t looked at everything on that list, just what I was looking for, so be careful 🙂

@dragon-snapper
                                Yes, it does 😀

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Louise Fowler.

Elizabeth
                                @that_writer_girl_99

@perfectfifths Science-fiction is definitely a strange, very broad genre. Some people don’t like it, but it’s the one genre I’ve always felt comfortable writing in. Writing in this genre requires a total exploration of all things weird, but I love it.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 382 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >