Just Chatter #2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    Rolena Hatfield
    @rolena-hatfield
      • Total Posts: 405

Hey everyone! So Emily and Holly and I were having a chat about non-writer related things and for some reason we just kept hitting glitches in trying to respond to each other. So we’re making a topic to continue that chatter here. Feel free to jump in on the convo and enjoy some fellowship.

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Rolena Hatfield
      @rolena-hatfield

@emily-d @holly-nelson-gray
        Hey girls! We should finally be free of technical difficulties here.

Emily, I bet that 90 quad bike is adorable! Yay, another person who likes to go fast!!! We have a track in our backyard (did I already say that?). It’s on a small hill, so it’s fun to go slowly down the bumpy side and then gun it on the flat stretch coming up the hill on the other side of our house. (our track actually circles our house! lol. Poor Mom when we’re riding for the better part of an hour!)
        MASSIVE music lover! Ahhh!!! I’m so excited about this! What kind of music? Do you play instruments.

Holly, Do you like the larger or smaller quad bikes? Do you like music as well? Play any instruments? 🙂

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper
          • Total Posts: 3515

You guys can’t talk about music without me. I love music, so much!!!!!!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 53

Hi @rolena-hatfield, @dragon-snapper!! I like the bigger quad bikes simply because they go faster 😜. I do like music (lots). Handel’s Messiah is my favourite classical piece, and the rest of the time I listen to contemporary music. I have a lot of artists I like and I don’t really have a favourite. Sadly I can’t play an instrument, although I had guitar lessons two years ago. I am also teaching myself piano. Anyone here like horses? (SJ, XC, D?) Or digital scrapbooking?? Or tennis? Or cats😄? I also like reading… Books…

Anonymous

I really like listening to WOW Hits. (Especially 2012, and NO 1996!!)

Rolena Hatfield
              @rolena-hatfield

@dragon-snapper Hurrah another music lover! What’s your favorite style of music? (classical, jazz, blues, contemporary or movie soundtracks while writing? 🙂 )

@holly-nelson-gray Yeah, faster the better, right 😉 My family is constantly teasing me about my strong like of driving fast. (I’ve thought that if I had been a guy, maybe God would’ve let me be a race car driver :p) Of course I strive to be a good driver in my car and obey *cough* the speed limits *cough*. Maybe that’s why I like four-wheelers so much. No speed limits.
                My brothers like WOW Hits. When we take road trips together that’s usually what ends up playing in the CD player, cause they don’t have the taste for my classical station. lol.
                I also really like listening to Steve Green, Steven Curtis Chapman, the Ball Brothers a few families I know that are gospel singers and then there’s a whole long playlist devoted to musical theater music. *sigh* music is such a good thing.
                Random question. I’ve often heard that when you’re jumping on a horse, it feels like you’re flying. Is it like flying? 🙂

Louise Fowler
                @perfectfifths
                  • Total Posts: 726

@dragon-snapper @rolena-hatfield @holly-nelson-gray I love music, too! And Holly, I love cats 😀

Currently reading Les Miserables

Rolena Hatfield
                  @rolena-hatfield

@perfectfifths Huzzah for music! You play the violin right? Is your favorite music style classical? And that’s a fun bird in your profile pic. My brother is a birder and so now I notice all the different kinds of birds I might not have seen before 🙂 lol. What kind of bird is it? It almost looks like a penguin in the tiny profile pic box, but I don’t think it is 😀

@holly-nelson-gray Cats?! Definitely a kitty lover here. Do you have cats? We have only three right now. A BIG tabby, cute creamy colored one and a fat and lazy calico 🙂

Louise Fowler
                    @perfectfifths

@rolena-hatfield Yes, I play violin 😀 No, I don’t think my favourite genre is classical, but I do like it 😉 I’m not sure I have a favourite genre, I just know what I like to play.
                      And hopefully in the near future I’ll actually do something with my YouTube channel and upload recording/videos of me playing, like I’ve been wanting to for a while – I even have the first few pieces ready, it’s just a matter of doing it 😛

And the birdie on my profile pic is a picture of a magpie I took about 3 or 4 years ago 😛 But I can see how it looks like a penguin! 😀

And what do you mean you only have three cats? 😀 We have three, too, and they’re plenty 😉 A fat black cat, a petite tortoiseshell and an in-between ginger 😀

Anonymous

@rolena-hatfield: I can’t say I’ve had much personal experience with flying (other than in airplanes), so I couldn’t say for sure if jumping is like flying. But yes, there’s a thrill in jumping a meter… It’s really quite freaky / cool / amazing / awesome. You really should try it sometime…

Anonymous

@rolena-hatfield, @louise-fowler
                          I have four cats. Fat tabby, small-ish grey tabby, medium sized grey and white, teeny tiny tabby (we often get asked if she is a kitten). Three girls and one boy, two indoor two outdoor. And I have a dog, a rabbit, two ponies, one horse and a duck. (Called Quacky.)

@louise-fowler I hate magpies. In the spring they always swoop me when I go out to catch my horse to ride her. 😠 (Though I like them from a distance…)

Emily D
                          @emily-d
                            • Total Posts: 168

Hi! @rolena-hatfield Yes I have have been playing piano for 4-ish years. My favourite classical piece is Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven. As for modern music: I am a huge Newsboys fan (Ssh! Don’t tell Holly, she is sick of the Newsboys after playing their music straight for a millennia *rolls eyes*) Love their song Restart, Disaster, and I’m going to stop myself there. But I do love Hollyn’s Love With Your Life, and her Alone. And I love Shane Harper’s Hold You Up. Et cetera. @dragon-snapper what kind of music do you like? I am a big Christian pop fan. I do NOT like the Beatles. At all. Whenever I say that most people think that I must have a mental illness…

I have four pets. A dog, a rabbit, a guinea pig, and a chicken, all very sweet and adorable (of course I’m not biased!).

I do LOVE large quads, but don’t have enough space. Never mind, my best friend lives on a massive farm so sometimes I just get to drive his-evil laugh. And then I fly. As in, fly fly fly. I raced him down the beach and beat him! *jumps up and down* His older cousin was riding behind me and was teasing me about driving 70 kilometres per hour-yeah. When my best friend first drove my quad bike, he was very cautious. I kept teasing him-yeah, not smart I know. So after he saw me drive (I am a reckless, yet safe driver-yes I know that it’s no possible) he realised that he couldn’t let a girl beat him and it was game on. Please don’t ever follow my example. *nods wisely*

You can imagine how fast I like to horse ride 😉

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Emily D
                            @emily-d
                              • Total Posts: 168

My best friend has 600’s I think, but I’ve ridden my uncle’s 850 twin cc. That was-insane.

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

JaynieCatgirl08
                              @jayniecatgirl08
                                • Total Posts: 38

@everyonewhosbeentalkingaboutcats
                                yay!! i love cats too!! but i only have one (sad face) she’s a main coon (which is like some long hair breed) called cuddles… but she is so not cuddly! lol

Louise Fowler
                                @perfectfifths

@holly-nelson-gray

teeny tiny tabby (we often get asked if she is a kitten)

Yes, people can’t believe our little tortoiseshell is 7 years old. I know 5-month-old kittens who are bigger than her already! 😀

I hate magpies. In the spring they always swoop me when I go out to catch my horse to ride her.

I don’t like or dislike magpies – it was just there, I had my camera, so I snapped it 😉 I can’t say I’ve ever had any bad experiences with magpies. I do remember a bird swooping and stealing my cracker when we were on a picnic when I was little, but I think that was a kookaburra XD
                                  Also, quite recently, we were eating at a pub and sat outside, and we were surrounded by magpies, which was a little bit intimidating XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 382 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >