Just Another Girl

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Just Another Girl

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Louise Fowler
    @perfectfifths
      • Total Posts: 726

This seems to be the forum where everyone tells everyone about everyone. 😀 So, shall I tell you about me? 🙂 Well, like the title implies, I’m Just Another Girl, but a girl with a passion for writing and using my gifts to bring glory to God.

I’ve loved writing ever since I could remember, and before I could actually write myself, I got my mum to write what I narrated (Yes, I said “mum”, no I’m not British – I live in Australia! :D) I participated in NaNoWriMo for the first time this year and have reached over 31,000 words. During this month I wrote a 17,000 word novella in 11 days,

I’ve been learning violin, and have been playing for almost two years now (non-stop! It’s exhausting! XD) So that is my other passion. I also enjoy crafts, woodworking and sewing. I am what’s known as a Rebelutionary, a teen who is eager to rebel against the low expectations of society and Do Hard Things for God! If you haven’t, I recommend you read the book Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris – it’s life-changing 🙂

One of my biggest goals is to write wholesome, Christian fiction, for children or young adults (teens) – mainly in the fantasy genre, though I am also interested in trying historical fiction. My main desire is to write fiction including God, though at this point I’m not sure how to go about doing that, so most of my stories, even if they are wholesome, don’t actually mention Him. I want my writing to appeal to all, saved and unsaved, and I don’t want to be preachy – I have read (albeit enjoyed) some fairly preachy Christian fantasy.

Ahh… that’s a lot. 😀 I look forward to getting to know some of you and being involved!

Currently reading Les Miserables

Hannah A. Krynicki
      @hannah-krynicki
        • Total Posts: 81

Hello! I think we have at least a few other Australians around here… Your novella sounds impressive! Do you have any other projects going right now?

Louise Fowler
        @perfectfifths

Thank you! I know of one, my brother, who also just joined (Leumeister XD) At the moment I don’t have any active projects, but I do have a few ideas, so I’m eager to start on those in the near future. 🙂

Jess
          @jess
            • Total Posts: 575

Well, hello @perfectfifths! Welcome to the bestistest place on the inter web! I love the Rebelutionary website, but I haven’t read the book yet. I like writing/reading fantasy, (A lot of people do) but I find it hard to write historical. Question: what are your favorite books/authors?

And I live in the USA, but I have bad sleep habits (Thanks, nanowrimo… just kidding, I have bad sleep habits all the time) so I can post slightly later than the rest of the USA crowd. 😛

Louise Fowler
            @perfectfifths

@jess Bad sleep habits? Well, that’s rather handy – not. XD I love that word, bestistest – does anyone know how to pronounce it????

I haven’t actually written any historical fiction stories, really, but the idea appeals to me (I only hesitate because of how much research one would have to do on the time period XD)

My favourite books and authors are… J.R.R Tolkien (Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit), C.S. Lewis (the Chronicles of Narnia), at the moment I’m finishing a a series called the Mitford series by Jan Karon, and I want to read a series by Jaye L. Knight called The Ilyon Chronicles. I haven’t read it yet, but everyone who has tell me they’re great, so I have a feeling I’m going to enjoy them. ;)What about you, what are some of your favourite books?

By the way, you mentioned on my brother’s post (Leumeister, Hey, Guys, Hi, Um…) that you’re homeschooled! So are we! 😀

Jess
              @jess

@perfectfifths Yes! The Ilyon Chronicles! Actually, I just started reading the first book, and was about to start reading it again when I saw your post. 😀 I have been really liking the first book more than I expected to, and so far (About 75% through) I can heartily recommend it. I like erm… Ranger’s Apprentice series, (though there are some things that I wish could have been removed…) LoTR and the Hobbit, Girl of the Limberlost, the author Wayne Batson, The Giver, Five Kingdoms series… And a lot more.

Homeschooling is awesome. A lot of people on here were/are homeschooled. 😀

Louise Fowler
                @perfectfifths

@jess I liked Ranger Apprentice too (Well, I’ve only read the first book so far, but I want to continue). What kind of things should have been removed??
                  Five Kingdoms series, is that the on by Chuck Black, or are you referring to a different one?

I am now in my final year of homeschooling, although we think we’ll still be doing similar things next year, finishing some curriculums we particularly enjoy and things like that. (we have been homeschooling for 14 years!!) How long have you?

Jess
                  @jess

@perfectfifths, There wasn’t anything major, but some swearing and it got a tad gory in later books. I really liked the whole series as a whole, and own most of them. The Five Kingdoms series is written by Brandon Mull, and while I don’t agree with all of the author’s worldview, he does a fantastic job of transporting you to another world.
                    I also like the Chuck Black series… all of the ones.

I’ve been homeschooling starting in second grade. I went to a private school before that.

BlueJay
                    @bluejay
                      • Total Posts: 1622

@perfectfifths *emerges from dark and dusty room filled with ancient scrolls.* I wish. I come to bid my fellow Australian a big warm welcome. I’m unsure the correct way to do this in an Aussie way. I’d probably just hug you. *sends you virtual hugs*
                      Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet. (Pronounced – best-ist-est) at least that’s how I do it. Oooo I’ve wanted to play a violin for a bit now. But I can’t even remember to practise my guitar, so maybe not. Keep up the hard work though.

@jess
                      White-out works wonders with Ranger’s Apprentice. Mum checked all the books before we kids read them.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by BlueJay.
                      Louise Fowler
                      @perfectfifths

@jess Really, swearing? I can’t imagine that in what I read (but like I said, I’ve only read the one so far) :O Thanks for the warning!

@bluejay
                        An Aussie greeting would be “G’day!” XD but I’ll take the hugs! *returns virtual hugs*
                        All I can say about practicing and playing an instrument, is, if you’re really passionate about it and really want to do it, you’ll find or make the time to practice. 😀 I don’t even practice everyday (I once went for two whole weeks without playing, but I was very sick, sooo… XD)

Jess
                        @jess

@perfectfifths I don’t think it was horrible, but when scanning it fit my younger brother to read, I saw a few instances in the later books.

@bluejay
                          , I should get me some of that. I was using sticky notes for my brother, and that was getting messy!

Alright, I’m going to bed as it’s 2:30 here…..

BlueJay
                          @bluejay

@perfectfifths Okay then. G’day, G’day, G’day, G’day. 🙂 🙂 🙂 And many more…. 🙂
                            I suppose that is true. I just never seem to have time. Probably spend too much time on useless things. I should try harder.
                            Oooo that doesn’t sound good. I have the same problem. Well, I did but it has been cleared up. Hopefully. I won’t know for a bit, but at least at the moment I’m feeling good.
                            Is the violin the only instrument that you’ve played? We have a keyboard but once again, I’m not very good at practising.

Louise Fowler
                            @perfectfifths

@bluejay When I said very sick, I meant I had what seemed like the flu, but wasn’t, and it just lingered for ages, it was weird…

Well, no, technically, I do fiddle on the piano sometimes (though for the life of me I can’t read music and translate to piano like I can for violin XD) I have also learned some guitar chords (I used the app called Guitar Tuna – yes, is in the fish), but I’ve forgotten them. The violin is the only instrument I’ve pursued playing. 😀

Whereabouts in Australia do you live? I’m in W.A.

Sarah Hoven
                              @sarah-h
                                • Total Posts: 669

@perfectfifths Welcome! 🙂

BlueJay
                                @bluejay

@perfectfifths I’m in Victoria.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >