It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    @aella
      • Total Posts: 160

Hello, all!
      Fall is approaching! I don’t know about y’all, but fall is probably my favorite season. However, today that is beside the point. Today, I’m starting a war. *growls* *raises flag high* Today, I’m challenging all of you to fight beside me, in the war of providing good literature for the rest of the world. Okay now, setting as much of the drama aside as I can, I was just wondering if anyone else was preparing for NaNoWriMo 2016 yet, OR if anyone was planning to do it again, or for the first time? Last year was my first year to participate, and I loved it! However, I’m also realizing I’m very weak on the planning side of things, so I decided to start planning several months early so that I would have some notes to go off of. My goal for this year is a word count of 50,000 words or above. I’m not truly planning on writing a “Novel” but more of a series of short stories drawn together with a chapter in between them… Which makes a lot less sense on the page than it does in my head, so, my apologies for the randomity of that. So, to make some sense of that mess, in conclusion: Anybody planning on NaNoWriMo this year? If so, what are your goals? Any tips from you experienced writing people?
      ~Hannah, who doesn’t know what she’s doing but it’s nice to pretend.

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@aella I can’t say for sure, but I’m hoping too. My editing is first priority for me, but November should hopefully be a lot lighter on that side of things. If so, I’m hoping to write 50,000 words or more. I’ve never actually done NaNoWriMo before, but I essentially keep up a NaNoWriMo schedule most of the year nowadays.

As for advice, since nobody’s told me I can’t tell you all about this…

KP is putting together a book full of writerly advice, encouragement, survival tips, and tricks to help you get through NaNoWriMo or any other writing challenge for that matter. So yes *laughs with triumph* help is on the way. Keep your eyes peeled for that people.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hannah
        @aella

@daeus Editing! Ya… Okay, maybe not YAY but… Hooray for writing done and progress! I need to get to editing again, I’m continually slacking off. I hope you’ll be able to join us… or me, or whoever-happens-to-be-doing-it. 😀

*extremely happy squeaking noises* I’m going to go do a happy dance *waves* I’ll be back later. XD

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 1486

@aella I would be proud to fight beside you! *draws sword* 🙂
            Yes I’m planning on doing Nanorimo and am really excited about it. I’ve never done it before. I’m going to plan for it in October.
            My goal is 50,000 words.
            Glad you brought this up!

randomity

Thats a new one 🙂

Adry_Grace
            @adry_grace
              • Total Posts: 169

@aella To NaNoWriMo or not to NaNoWriMo, that is the question.

Or at least it would have been if NaNoWriMo had been around during Shakespeare’s time. I’ve been going back and forth a lot about whether or not to do it. I would absolutely LOVE to, and have wanted to participate for years, but NaNoWriMo happens to come around when my school year is busiest and I know that’s no excuse but that’s all I’ve got. I’m afraid that my parents think that education take priority over my writing career and I’m not really in a position to argue. (I have to much Latin to do.)

All of that to say, I honestly have no idea whether or not I’ll participate in NaNoWriMo.

Christine Eaton
              @christi-eaton
                • Total Posts: 306

Honestly, I have never participated in NaNoWriMo before. Part of it is I’m not much of a Short Story or novel writer. I’ve tried a novel before but I let it sort of fall through the cracks. I’m not good at coming up with stories. (though I do enjoy writing them) Maybe I’ll just take the time to really focus on a good book review or two. Does anyone have any good recommendations for book reviews they’d like to see me do? Also, I’ll have time to read any new books before then.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Hannah
                @aella

@winter-rose I’m honored to have you beside me. *raises battle cry*
                  😀 October is a great time to plan! I just know I’m scatterbrained so, starting early seemed like it would be a good idea. Plus my cousin sent me a prompt. XD.
                  Really? My family uses “randomity” all the time… Probably because we’re super random.

@adry_grace
                  Ahh, yes. School. *sighs* I’ve recently started back up and am realizing that once I start on the rest of my subjects, writing will be pretty tough, especially as much as I’ll need to do for NaNo. My parents are the same way, so I completely understand if you can’t join us, although I hope you will! Also, you don’t have to compete at the 50,000 words mark, last year I did 30,000, and that was a bit more manageable. Just a thought. I know several people set their goals for 10,000, though, the amounts vary based on each person:).

@christi-eaton
                  I have trouble coming up with stories a lot of the time too… Forcing myself to write something has been the best cure for that, for me at least. Oooh, Book Reviews… hmmm… *thinks* I’ll let you know if I come up with anything:D

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy
                    • Total Posts: 3976

@Aella I would love to do (or at least try) NaNo someday, ‘but today is not that day!’ (Since we’re going with battle speeches here. *wink*) Mainly, life is too busy for that at this point. I wish you all luck though. 😀

Hannah R.
                    @his-instrument
                      • Total Posts: 229

@aella Have you done NaNo before? I did it for three years but my word count goal was never beyond 40,000. How many hours a day does it take to write a 50,000 word novel? I’d love to do it but I have to see what my school workload looks like. Between school and dance I’m usually pretty busy, but I should know in a couple of weeks. I’ll keep you posted. I would be honored to fight beside you.

YA Fantasy Writer
                      Obsessive Character Namer
                      Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Anna Brie
                      @anna-brie
                        • Total Posts: 312

I am half hoping to do NaNoWriMo. It really depend on what stage I am in my current book though, as I’ll be writing the sequel.

Sarah Hoven
                        @sarah-h
                          • Total Posts: 669

@Christi-Eaton Hmm, book reviews. What about…what is the first Mark Of The Lion book called? A Voice in the Wind? Is that a good book for a book review?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Sarah Hoven.
                          Rolena Hatfield
                          @rolena-hatfield
                            • Total Posts: 405

@his-instrument I had to write about 1 and 1/2 hours each day to reach my 50,000 goal last year NaNoWriMo. But I write somewhat slow, so it totally depends on how many words you can pump out in an hour. My average is anywhere from 800 to 1000 words an hour (if I’m really focusing!)

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Christine Eaton
                            @christi-eaton
                              • Total Posts: 306

@sarah-h The Mark of the Lion is actually already on my list of to-do-book-reviews. I definitely need to get started on that 😉

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Hope Ann
                              @hope
                                • Total Posts: 1092

@aella I will fight alongside the rest of you! *straps on sword* *checks on daggers and bow* I’ve never done NaNoWriMo, though I have done some of the camps. But I do want to this year. I’m going to be writing a novella and a prequel to the novella, so I’m thinking around 45,000 words. I’m planning on planning and outlining the story in September and getting character profiles ready in October so I’m ready for November.

Hey, if enough of us are doing it, someone should make a cabin for us all to join! 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Snapper
                                @dragon-snapper
                                  • Total Posts: 3515

@aella
                                  You have my sword! Or rather, in this case, it would be a pencil and pen. I shall attempt this feat with blazing ink, but if I find that it is too hard an obstacle for myself, then I shall have to raise the white flag. The month of november tends to a hard winter every year, full of business and various chores.
                                  In modern english, what the Dragon means to say is, I would love to try to write a novel in a month, but if I can’t do it, I will have to set it aside. A soft yes, you could call it. Simply a way to get out of the commitment if I can’t meet it.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >