Is This Any Good?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Short Story Critiques Is This Any Good?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Gracie
    @graciegirl
      • Total Posts: 889

@Daeus I likey. *double thumbs up*

As far as the diary debate-thingy…If it will just be a short story or a novella, I say keep the diary format. But as a reader, I would feel a little weird reading something in that format for a full-length novel. It kinda disconnects me in a way. Even in third person narratives, you can reach this point where you feel like stuff in the story is happening right now. But dairy entries interrupt that for me. They serve as a constant reminder that the action I am reading about has happened already which is a bit distancing. Maybe it’s just me. 😛

Again, I really like this. 😀

*is probably geeking out about something*

Gracie
      @graciegirl
        • Total Posts: 889

*stares pensively at screen* I meant: “Even in PAST TENSE narratives…”
        *mutters incoherently* Third person narratives…what in the world, Gracie…

*is probably geeking out about something*

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper
          • Total Posts: 3515

It kinda disconnects me in a way. Even in third person narratives, you can reach this point where you feel like stuff in the story is happening right now. But dairy entries interrupt that for me. They serve as a constant reminder that the action I am reading about has happened already which is a bit distancing. Maybe it’s just me.

Nope. I’m with you all the way here. That’s one reason why I don’t like reading those diary books. I feel disconnected…like there’s a fog there.

@graciegirl

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@DAEUS WHY DIDN’T YOU TAG ME FOR THIS. I MISSED IT. *horrified sobbing that trails off into pathetic wails*

We is upset. *scowls* Don’t do it again.

*coughs* Yes. Anyway. After all that drama, I have nothing to say after all, because I love it. And you should definitely write it, because I want to read it.
            So write it.

Sage G
            @sage-g
              • Total Posts: 45

@daeus This is a really interesting idea, I’m very intrigued! I actually really like diary format stories, I’ve thought of writing one, myself.

https://sageinthemeadow.wordpress.com

Ingrid
              @ingridrd
                • Total Posts: 830

@daeus
                Keep writing it. It’s not worthless at all. 😉
                And about the diary vs. just first person narrative thing, do it the way you started to. If you don’t like it after a while, change it.
                My words of wisdom for the day… 🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1330

@daeus I love it! It is so intriguing. But I do agree with @emma-flournoy that a non-writer wouldn’t understand it. It would be really cool as a novella, but I agree with everybody else that if you did that, then you shouldn’t have it in diary language. (Don’t even ask what diary language is because I don’t know.)

TheAcornman
                  @theacornman
                    • Total Posts: 125

@daeus Ohhhhh. Most impressive. You should definitely keep writing this. 😀

That one English guy.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >