Introducing Myself

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Introducing Myself

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Ariel Ashira
    @ariel-ashira
      • Total Posts: 739

@rochellaine Hi!!

I would like to write some books set in modern times, but have not even finished my other ones yet.

Shhh…I like singing a little better too. 😉  I dont really have a particular style I can name of music I like to sing and listen to, but I am crazy about Sight and Sound Theatres music, if you know what that is.  I have most of thier soundtracks.  I dream about being an actress there as much as I dream about being an author.

We have all of Henty’s books.  I started reading them in an order beginning with the most ancient dates, and I have not gotten that far yet.  But my sister has read all of them and she says those are really good ones.

Thank you for explaining how to tag someone!

"In a mask, was he?"

Ingrid
      @ingridrd
        • Total Posts: 830

@ariel-ashira  Helloooooo!   Hey, I’m not late this time.  Miracles do happen!  🙂

Ahem.  Anyway, it’s good to meet you.  I’m Ingrid.  *shakes your hand*  Where are you from?  (I don’t think anyone has asked that yet…)  😉

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@ariel-ashira Oh, the problem of too many unfinished stories!  😀  I can’t count how many stories I want to write, but have decided to hold off in order that I can try to finish the ones I’ve already started!

My family’s been going to S&S Theater since I was probably about five years old.  I remember watching the Miracle of Christmas back then and loving the way the angels flew through the air.  I think we’ve watched most of the shows the past ten years, except we skipped Samson because we didn’t think it sounded like that great of a story.  Which theater do you go to?  Lancaster, Pennsylvania or Branson, Missouri?  Or do you just watch the DVDs?

I read them in chronological order too, well, as many as we had at the time.  My grandmother would give three or four to my brother every birthday, so once I finished the ones we had and read the new ones they weren’t chronological anymore.  My brother’s favorite is Beric the Briton, which I’m sure you’ve read since that’s in the earliest periods of history.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@ariel-ashira welcome to KP! 😀 First of all, considering where just about all of us started out when we joined this place, you are most certainly ‘good enough to be a part of KP’. No one’s ever not good enough, so welcome aboard and we’re thrilled to have you.

Second of all, I love singing and painting besides writing too! What’s your favorite song, if you can pick one? What genre do you usually write in? Do you know your MBTI type?

Ariel Ashira
            @ariel-ashira

@ingridrd Pleased to meet you!  *shakes your paw*

I was born in Kansas, have lived in Alaska, and currently live in Missouri, even though were moving, most likley out of state! 🙂

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
              @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine We have seen Moses and the Miracle of Christmas in Branson, and I have the DVD of Jonah.  I think we might see Samson, but not sure.

"In a mask, was he?"

Ingrid
                @ingridrd
                  • Total Posts: 830

@ariel-ashira  Wow!  I’ve only ever lived in Ohio.  What was Alaska like (besides cold lol)?

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Snapper
                  @dragon-snapper
                    • Total Posts: 3515

@ariel-ashira Ooh, so Roman historical fiction? Awesome! 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Ariel Ashira
                    @ariel-ashira

@kate-flournoy Thank you and hello!  I have way to many favorite songs to pick one. 😀

I dont know what MBTI is.  Can you tell me?

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine
                        • Total Posts: 3322

@ariel-ashira My siblings and I quote little parts of S&S shows as jokes sometimes.  We have most of the soundtracks, and one of our favorites from Miracle of Christmas is when Mary and Joseph are going to sleep and she says “See you when the sun rises!” and then laughs a really funny sounding laugh.  That gets quoted sometimes at night. 😀  Also Jonah’s “You’re Jonah?  Then Ah’m Moses!” is considered a classic.

Oh, and as you probably gathered from my mention of Samson, we live near the Pennsylvania theater. 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Rochellaine.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                        @ariel-ashira

@ingridrd Alaska is mountains, dog sledders, moose along the road, bears in your backyard, aurora borealis, and people helping eachother out of the ditch.  Its a beautiful, exiting, and snowy place to live.  Funny thing is, we might be moving someplace like Arizona now. 🙂

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
                          @ariel-ashira

@dragon-snapper Yes!  I love writing about Rome.

"In a mask, was he?"

Skredder
                            @skredder
                              • Total Posts: 527

@ariel-ashira Welcome, welcome, welcome! It’s great to have you aboard! 🙂

You mentioned that you like to paint and draw. What are your favorite things to paint and draw!

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Ariel Ashira
                              @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine That sounds EXACTLY like me and my sisters! :D. One of our favorites is when Jonah says “I smell terrible”.  All of those you mentioned are some of our favorites.

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
                                @ariel-ashira

@skredder Thank you!  I like painting people, but also animals and backgrounds are fun.

"In a mask, was he?"

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >