Introducing…"drumroll"…ClaireC!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Introducing…"drumroll"…ClaireC!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    ClaireC
    @clairec
      • Total Posts: 628

Hey guys!
      My sister, who is HeatherC on the Rebelution, read a comment by @overcomer. She said that this was a great writing website and forum for Christian teens. So I had to see for myself! 😉
      I…Write. Not really any other way to say it!
      Long story short, I started a book a while back, but had no idea about structure, so it flopped, to say the least. Number 1 tip from me. STRUCTURE!!! I highly recommend K. M. Weiland’s blog ‘Helping Writers Become Authors’. This is what truly started me on my writing journey. I spent a year toying with and tweaking, researching and planning an idea for a WWII historical fiction, and I am now in the Character Sketches stage. I am so excited about this project and hopefully my writing style will be good enough to live up to my plot. I plan to start writing in October.
      I have wished for a long time that someone would write some books that were not only clean but also glorifying to the maker of story ideas. I mean God created everything (even history is a story… His-story), which include everything it takes to make a book, so why shouldn’t we give thanks to our Maker and Savior through this beloved part of our lives? So I was just slightly thrilled (okay, maybe just a little more than that!) to discover this website and forum! Thank you to everyone who created this place. I look forward to being part of a God-glorifying community!
      ClaireC

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

BlueJay
      @bluejay
        • Total Posts: 1622

Hello @clairec and welcome to the bestestist place on earth. *Yes I win* It’s a bit of a competition to be the first to say that to all newcomers. 🙂
        I think that is a very good way to say it. I…write. Love it. So do I. I have just started writing slightly longer short stories and it’s so exciting.
        This is definitely the write place for you. (I know I spelt it wrong) 😛 I have been here for a few months now and it’s a great community of Christian writers. *Be prepared to laugh way too much*
        Where in America do you live? That is, if you’re from the USA. I myself am from the land down under; Australia. Awesome place and freezing cold.
        I think that’s all I have to say. Enjoy. 😀

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by BlueJay.
        • This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by BlueJay.
        Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@clairec Glad to have you on.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 52

Hello, newcomer! Welcome to the bestestist place on earth! (Yes, I know @Bluejay, but I don’t care. I want to say it too)
            I totally understand needing structure; I’m not even going to begin my sad tale about that, but still, that was a bad day…
            Well, have fun around the website, ahem, the BESTESTIST place on earth.

@clairec

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

Welcome to KP, @ClaireC! It’s always great to get a newcomer here. What genre do you write?

Ingrid
              @ingridrd
                • Total Posts: 830

Welcome, welcome, welcome, @clairec!

I have wished for a long time that someone would write some books that were not only clean but also glorifying to the maker of story ideas.

I have wished that too. And then I thought, wait…I can write those clean, God-glorifying books! It’s so amazing that we have that ability. It makes me really happy!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Well, hello! And have fun!!!

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1486

Welcome to Kingdom Pen @clairec!
                  K. M. Weiland’s blog introduced me to story structure too! Her blog is AWESOME! Have you read any of her books?

ClaireC
                  @clairec

@BlueJay , You’re from Australia!!! So am I. Best place in the world to live right?! Where in Aus are you from?

ClaireC
                    @clairec

Kate Flournoy, My current W.I.P. is a historical, maybe a little alternate or speculative, fiction.

BlueJay
                      @bluejay

No way @clairec I kinda thought you might since you were up *late* last night. Not too many Americans are on KP when it’s our night.
                        I’m from Victoria. What about you?

ClaireC
                        @clairec

@BlueJay , Queensland, Brisbane to be exact. That is, I currently live there. I have lived 7 places in all and traveled quite extensively… the longest I’ve lived somewhere is 4 years. So, yeah.

ClaireC
                          @clairec

@Gabrielle, I have read some of her writing books and basically know the plot line of most of her fictions, but I haven’t actually read them. For ‘Storming’, her most recent release, she put out her entire outline transcript as an example. I have read that. Not sure that counts?! 🙂

BlueJay
                            @bluejay

@clairec 7 places!?! Whoa. I have lived in two but we moved when I was 6 months old so I don’t remember the first place. Have you ever been to Victoria?

ClaireC
                              @clairec

Yes, I have been to Victoria. We traveled around Australia in a caravan for 15 months when I was 6/7. I really liked Victoria. My oldest sister was born in Melbourne.

Greta
                                @gretald
                                  • Total Posts: 450

@clairec Welcome to the awesomest, bestistest, coolest, greatest…any other words that end in -st place on the internet! I’ve grown so much as a writer just from participating in discussions with more experienced writers and learning from them. I know you’ll love it here!

I have wished for a long time that someone would write some books that were not only clean but also glorifying to the maker of story ideas. I mean God created everything (even history is a story… His-story), which include everything it takes to make a book, so why shouldn’t we give thanks to our Maker and Savior through this beloved part of our lives? So I was just slightly thrilled (okay, maybe just a little more than that!) to discover this website and forum!

Yup, that’s exactly why I write. Writing is such a great way to influence the world for Christ! I think you’ll find a lot of like-minded people here. 🙂 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >