Inter-genre Island

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί Fiction Writing β€Ί Critiques β€Ί Short Story Critiques β€Ί Inter-genre Island

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976

Arianwen: *dubiously* β€œReally?”

Rosey Mucklestone
      @writefury
        • Total Posts: 467

Quinn: *smiles* Well, then, I hope we’re welcome. *bows* You have my heartiest greetings, count.

(nice twist, Daeus. πŸ˜› )

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

Count: *Staring deeply into her eyes* β€œI am informed of all thing that happen on this island – and much beyond it. You doubt me though. Listen then, since you have landed on this island, you have been attacked once by a monster and again by a serpent. You have been led by a treacherous guide. You have been scorched by a water which did not steam and poisoned by a mist which appeared in midday. Yet I will add one thing more. You have been followed all the way, and it is well for you that you were, for you were protected from many dangers which you neither saw nor dreamed of. I will tell you that your arrival here is no coincidence. I have been waiting for you since before you arrived on this island.”

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Daeus
          @daeus

(Sorry Rosey, missed you there)

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy

Arianwen: *turns a little white, but narrows eyes and lifts chin a trifle defiantly* β€œIndeed? Since you seem so well acquainted with this island and with our party, Count, I cannot but assume you have some purpose in… summoning us here, if indeed you did summon us. Or is this merely some… some… twisted and unwholesome game at which you play for your own amusement, regardless of the comfort or privacy of others?”

(This is awesome, Daeus! So fun! I just got the unabridged version, by the way. πŸ˜› )

Hope Ann
              @hope
                • Total Posts: 1092

Anna: β€œYes, please tell. And how do we get off of this place? Because as friendly as my companions are, and as much as I enjoy mucking though swamps and fighting monsters, there is a real battle about to begin in my world and I really need to get back to it.”

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Daeus
                @daeus

(Unabridged!)

Count: β€œYou need not worry about that battle Anna. Time is stopped on this island. It is only a question of if you will get back at all. It would be very convenient for you to be conducted through the safest routes to the top of the mountain. You may imagine my dismay when I discovered that there was one thing I yet lacked: inter-genre experience. It bothered me greatly for many seconds more than than I would have liked. But as you see, I have discovered the solution. You see my point?”

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Rosey Mucklestone
                  @writefury
                    • Total Posts: 467

Quinn: *tilts head* I believe so…

Daeus
                    @daeus

Count: β€œBelieve everything on this island. Everything happens. When I was yet Edmond, I was told by my mentor that I should never fully succeed until learned who I was and found what truth could be gleaned from my story. I need you to tell me who I am.”

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy

Arianwen: *blinks in startled astonishment* β€œTell you who you are?” *shakes head doubtfully* β€œI am no good with riddles. But some skill I do have in reading the faces of men—” *ascends steps of mansion, stops before Count and gazes with narrowed eyes into his face* β€œYou are… innocence. Innocence I see in youβ€” or rather innocence that was: innocence and happiness both. I see also some great bitternessβ€” something that stole from you that innocence and robbed you of all happiness save the dubious pleasure of vengeance. I see in you a man broken by the power of that vengeanceβ€” broken with the havoc his own hand had wreaked upon those he meant merely to bring to justice. Broken, but made whole by the power of forgiveness, which is greater than the power of vengeance. Greater than hatred. Greater than justice. It is pure grace.
                        And the power of grace is granted only by the power of love.”

Daeus
                        @daeus

Count: *Compressing his lips and lowering his eyes at her statement with some inward struggle raging. He recovers quickly and with a slight frown* β€œDo not tell me what I was or what I will be. I am not a man to play with uncertainties. Tell me what you know. Who am I in your world?”

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy

Arianwen: *folding hands calmly and taking a deep breath, regarding Count with cool, curious, distant eyes* β€œDo you ask this of me alone? Or does this answer that you seek apply to the worlds of my companions also? Or perhaps only to one world you are familiar withβ€” if this is so, you ought rather to ask my lord Rameaux. He… seems to be dressed in much the same fashion you are, and so perhaps comes from a world with which you are familiar. I must confess I have never seen anything like you in my world.”

Daeus
                            @daeus

Count: My question is to you all. Each of you is from a different world. Each of you knows me in a different way. Who am I in your worlds? What am I? You will say you know no Count of Monte Cristo but me. You miss my meaning. I myself am only in my world, but part of me is in every world. By seeing parts of myself in many worlds, I may perhaps see my whole self. Who am I an your world? Who am I most?

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy

(Daeus is doing his best to kill us πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ )

Arianwen: *eyes him askance* β€œA madman? But no, forgive me. It is ill to jest with strangers or men in earnest. And you, my lord, are certainly in earnest.” *cocks head thoughtfully* β€œYou say you lack β€˜inter-genre experience, and insinuate (do you not?) that you have come to this place to gain that experience and discover who you truly and wholly are. Am I to surmise that I form only one part of this puzzle? That my answer will not be complete in itself, but when fit with the answers of my companions will somehow complete, if you will, a greater picture? A picture of the multiple… genres we represent?”

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy

*eyes dilate suddenly; Arianwen draws quick breath of astonished realization* β€œOr is this something we must tell you, that you yourself do not know?”

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >