Inter-genre Island

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί Fiction Writing β€Ί Critiques β€Ί Short Story Critiques β€Ί Inter-genre Island

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Rameaux: β€œaristocracy occupancy”

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

Arianwen: *blinks in confusion* β€œWhat?”

Daeus
        @daeus

Rameaux: β€œIt is from my own country, or one near it. That is the house of an a – a lord as you might call it, though you seem to call us all lords so perhaps I have muddled the terminology somewhat. Suffice it to say that that is the house of a man of power.”

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy

Arianwen: *sets mouth grimly* β€œA sorcerer? I have heard of these men of power. They are wholly and utterly evil. I have no strength against themβ€” they have long disappeared out of my land, and are now only an evil rumor of memory. Have we stepped into the past?”

Daeus
            @daeus

Rameaux: β€œNo Madame, I am afraid it is you who have stepped into the past, or have you come into the future? These men are no sorcerers, but men of great status who by wealth and wit and even occasionally wisdom maintain great authority in the affairs of what goes around them.” I should say the man who reigns at that house boasts some thirty to forty servants and a great many additional subservience whom he can call upon when he is in great need. He may be a friend though I have come to doubt that such a thing exists in this place, except among ourselves. He may rouse the village against us if he dislikes our looks so we had better be wary.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Rosey Mucklestone
              @writefury
                • Total Posts: 467

Quinn: I say we approach him. We could use someone who actually knows this area.

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy

Arianwen: *furrows brow in troubled frown* β€œAnd risk his wrath?” *glances at Quinn uncertainly* β€œIf such is your wish, my lord. But I have only my knife remaining to meβ€” how if he should attack us? And what of the legions of thralls my Lord Rameaux suspects him to command? If he is an enemy, we might as well walk into a wolf-lair armed only with a cheese knife.”

Daeus
                  @daeus

Rameaux: β€œWell, one does prefer the thought of at least dying at the hands of something human. There is also the chance he may be friendly, so we may as well try it.”

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Hope Ann
                    @hope
                      • Total Posts: 1092

Anna: β€œI don’t prefer any thought of dying, but we don’t actually know if anyone is in the house. If someone is, it’s as likely to be a monster as a person in this place, but if we’re going to look, let’s get it over with. And please keep your weapons ready.” *looks over shoulder as she starts for house* β€œI just have a dagger.”

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Rosey Mucklestone
                      @writefury

Quinn: We’re all in about the same place, Lady Anna. Thankfully, it seems we’re all fairly proficient with them.
                        *nods* Right, we stick close together and try to make as ambiguous conversation as we can until we find out what sort of man he is.

Kate Flournoy
                        @kate-flournoy

Arianwen: *follows with hand on hilt of hidden knife*

Rosey Mucklestone
                          @writefury

A Servant comes out of the house and notices us.
                            Quinn: Greetings, sir. May you tell us whose house this is?

Daeus
                            @daeus

Servant: *looking at a few of the characters very awkwardly* β€œThis is the house of the Count of Monte Cristo”

(Because why not?)

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy

(B-b-but-but-but I didn’t bring any poison!)

Arianwen: *sweeps suddenly past other characters and faces servant coolly* β€œTell your master, whatever his name may be, that we desire speech with him.”
                                *servant bows* β€œBut mademoiselle, the Count is not expecting anyone until ten o’ clock, when he dines with Monsieur Albert de Morcerf and Franz d’Epinay. If you have a card—”
                                Arianwen: *coldly* β€œTell your master we are unexpected guests, sir. If this is his island, he might at least make an effort to encourage…” *pauses, gestures vaguely* β€œβ€¦immigration.”
                                Servant: *eyes her strangely* β€œYes, mademoiselle. I shall tell him.” *backs away and hurries into house.*

Daeus
                                @daeus

From mansion: Out walks a grave, pale, immaculate, stunning stunning gentleman, with a countenance which cannot easily be read but makes one’s heart race in an indescribable manner. He and servant talk for a few moments and then he comes over to characters and addresses them.

Count: β€œGood morning travelers, I have been expecting you.”

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 119 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >