Inter-genre Island

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Short Story Critiques Inter-genre Island

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Well this isn’t France, I can tell you that, and it isn’t any place I have ever heard of either. Thus I conclude it is nowhere and somewhere. That is to say, we are in a place that doesn’t exist and we are stuck. We need to get out. How about we all review the supplies we have and then make a plan, or I will make a plan. Since if we stay here we won’t leave here, and we do want to leave here, I suggest we go somewhere else. I say we climb that tall mountain and see what we can see. Now then, I have a pistol with one shot and a sword. I also have a wig, a small crowbar, and three biscuits in my pouch. How about the rest of you?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rosey Mucklestone
      @writefury
        • Total Posts: 467

Quinn: *pats down belt* A dagger and a compass here. *pulls out compass and looks at it* A little wibbly-wobbly, but it works. *claps it shut* That should help us get to the mountain.

Rosey Mucklestone
        @writefury

*looks at Rameaux rather strangely* may I inquire about the wig?

Daeus
          @daeus

*Bows* Rameaux, master of disguises, and of getting away without disguises. I’m not sure if it will be of much use here, but we will see.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
            @hope
              • Total Posts: 1092

*Anna looks down to examine herself* “Well, I have my laser pistol, but there are only four shots left and it appears I’ve not brought any extra energy pack here, wherever ‘here’ is. And I have my dagger, a small medical kit…oh yes, and my odds and ends pouch. A needle, some thread, a condensed granola bar, paper and pen, and a little Lego Bilbo.”

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Daeus
              @daeus

We can discuss what some of those things are latter, but I suppose you can survive.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy
                  • Total Posts: 3976

Arianwen: “I have only my knife, my sword and…” *hesitates, sweeps eyes over coastline and trees* “Well, I did have…” *shrugs* “It does not greatly matter. He will turn up when he wishes.” *fixes eyes on Rameaux* “My lord… I beg your pardon, but I see no sword upon you, and no sheath long enough to contain anything more than that long, thin knife you carry at your side.” *smiles apologetically, raises one quizzical eyebrow.* “Did you perhaps lose your sword?”

Daeus
                  @daeus

*loud cries to all the saints of heaven* It was just in my hand! There is a witch on this island I will swear. *stops to check pouch and pistol, expression of relief* That’s it, the sooner we get off this island the better. I for one will not remain here any longer or I will lose my pistol too and I need it to shoot the witch if I see her. *Puts wig on and looks very grim and resolute despite the wig* Follow me who will. *Starts heading towards woods.* Mountain, here I come!

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy

Arianwen: *sheathes knife, picks up skirts and follows after*.

(Is anyone else enjoying how amazingly different all our styles are?— my thoughts).

Daeus
                      @daeus

(Yes)

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
                        @hope

Anna…muttering to self: “And how exactly is heading inward going to get us off this island? Isn’t there a boat or helicopter.”
                          Scarlett: Seriously? You didn’t get here by boat or helicopter, did you?
                          Maybe I should just go back to sleep.
                          And get eaten?
                          That was sarcasm and you understood it very well.
                          ‘Course I did.
                          *Shaking head at Scarlett, realizes she’s shaking head at herself and stifles a smile lest everyone else think she’s crazy* *heads after the others*

Rosey Mucklestone
                          @writefury

Quinn: *takes out compass* Southeast it is, then. *strides up beside Arianwen* *leans over* Pardon, m’lady, but do you know these people?
                            (Totally, Kate! That’s part of the fun. 🙂 )

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy

Arianwen: *glancing at Quinn* “No, my lord, to speak truth I do not.” *steps on thorny creeper, grinds it into ground.* “But it seems to me that some of them—” *flashes sudden smile, glances ahead, lowers voice* “May need what little assistance I am able to give. And I also must find a way to leave this place. I am willing enough to go in their company until we should find that way together, or our paths diverge and we take our separate ways.” *smiles again* “What else is there to do, my lord?”
                              *steps ahead, catches up with Anna* “Pardon, my lady— do you know this place?”

Rosey Mucklestone
                              @writefury

Quinn: *smiles* true, my lady. Better survive in good company.
                                *drops back beside Ashe* *holds out hand * Hello, I’m Quinn.

Hope Ann
                                @hope

*Anna glances at Arianwen and slows a step to walk along side her* “It’s a dream, for all I can tell. Except I know it’s not a dream. So…no, I don’t know where we are thought I heartily wish I did.” *She clenches her jaw and shakes her head* “I’ve a battle to get back to. Hopefully this will be one of those cases where no time passes when I’ve woken up. Though I wonder what would happen if one died here…so sorry.” *Looks again at Arianwen* “I’ve a bad habit of rambling. My name’s Anna.” *holds out hand*.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 119 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >