Inter-genre Island

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Short Story Critiques Inter-genre Island

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Rosey Mucklestone
    @writefury
      • Total Posts: 467

Here’s our character cafe, all ready to go!

The Participating characters

Kate/ @kate-flournoy:
      Arianwen
      She’s courteous and mature outwardly, with a quick smile and a gracious tongue, but inwardly she’s insecure in a lot of ways. She’s afraid of rejection, afraid to let herself become attached to someone because if the relationship doesn’t work out she’ll be hurt. She’s very sensitive, and when there is no call to be courteous or gracious and she is with those she hates, she can certainly be very haughty and cold and dramatic.
      About five feet ten inches, but just tall, not big. Dark blue eyes, black hair, very white skin. Wears almost exclusively dark, vivid blue. And she has a pygmy dragon for a companion.

Daeus/ @daeus:
      Rameaux
      He is a lighthearted bandit with a serious core. He is very friendly and courteous and practical and loves nothing better than to play around with the people he is robbing. He does whatever he has to in the banditry business without flinching but he is never crueler than he needs to be. His commander is a dreadful, strike fear into the hearts of all, kill anything that’s taller than six inches sort of guy. Rameaux is a friend to my MC and my MC’s friend.
      French and lives during the time period of circa 1700 A.D.

The Happy Bookaholic: @the-happy-bookaholic
      Lin Ping An (An)
      He was from China, but moved to work. He’s a guy who seems to be unable to take anything seriously and is the sort of person you’d want around at a party, but when trouble strikes he can be very sweet and sincere. His English isn’t the best, but if you correct him he’ll start rambling on in Chinese. 24 years old. He likes to talk a lot of nonsense so be prepared for some rattling on in the middle of the problem. ENFP.

Little Brown Dog/ @howlingwolf:
      Ashe
      14yo thief. She’s just-above-normal height and rather thin, with jet-black hair and almost-black eyes. She has a pet fairy dragon named Cephas, who she can speak to. She’s quiet like you would expect a thief to be, but very defensive and can pretend to be a lot of things, but if you can manage to make friends with her, she’s fun-loving and outgoing. She knows 4 different languages, including dragon, water nymph and horse.

Hope/ @hope:
      Anna West. She’s 18, a bit on the petite side, and has green eyes and dark brown hair. She is very organized, used to tight situations, has experience with fighting, guns, and information gathering. She lost part of her family in an attack two years ago. She’s a strong Christian and talks to herself to clear her thoughts and amuse herself. She calls that second part of her mind Scarlett.

Rosey/ @writefury:
      Captain Quinn.
      He’s a firm believer in God, though doesn’t take opportunities to shove it in people’s faces. Selfless and loyal to his friends. Good logical thinker and problem solver. A dedicated optimist. ISFJ.
      Really tall. Messy, light brown hair, bright green eyes and a few freckles.

Starting situation:

Our characters suddenly find themselves on a mysterious island. Not right with each other at first, but a little distance away. Each is without most of his/her weapons, but may have one or two. Like dagger or handgun sort of thing. Not a bazooka, if you can restrain yourselves.

Inter-genre island. Generally a forested, mountainous terrain with a river running through. One giant mountain sticks up from the middle and the portal back to all of our characters’ respective stories is at the top. No other people, but dangers and creatures from all genres roam the landscape, especially guarding the portal.
      We can make up or insert other dangers as we go along.

Format:
      Something like a script, with characters’ actions in asterisks and your thoughts or notes in parentheses. Notes from you are not necessary, but if you have questions, that would be the format. Example.

Quinn: *waves* Hello, everyone!
      (Blah, blah… my thoughts.)

On your mark, get set, go!

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Rameaux: “Well this is an awkward situation. Do you suppose we should start by killing one of the monsters on this island and eating it for breakfast, or do you others travel best on an empty stomach?” *Looks around* “Alright then.” *Dashes off into the woods waving a sword*

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Little Brown Dog
        @howlingwolf
          • Total Posts: 63

Ash: *watches the others from a tree top, shaking her head.* I’m sure we’ll be better off alone, Cephas. *to her pet dragon*

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

Arianwen: *laughing* “Wait—! I… I’m sorry, sir…don’t you think… never mind.” *Stands staring after Rameaux, eyes sparkling with puzzled, laughing concern. Shakes head finally and turns to Quinn with cheerful smile.*
            Arianwen: “I’m not… quite sure how I came here. Do you live here? What is this place, if I may ask? I would be glad if you could tell me.”

Hope Ann
            @hope
              • Total Posts: 1092

Anna, looking around but can’t see anyone: “What on…I just went to sleep and this happens?”
              Scarlett: Serves you right for falling asleep right before what will probably be the largest battle of the rebellion.
              “But…I’ve got to get back. I’ve got to get home. What do I have…”
              You have your laser pistol.
              “With five rounds. Yes, I know.”
              *A branch cracks and Anna spins around, her hand on her pistol.*

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Rosey Mucklestone
              @writefury
                • Total Posts: 467

Quinn: I… I really have no idea, m’lady. I certainly don’t live here. *looks around, running a hand over his hair and messing it up even more* Doesn’t look like any land I’ve sailed before. The coastline isn’t familiar… *squints at a dark spot in the ground* that’s a bog. I’d stay away from it if I were you.
                Sorry, I didn’t even ask your name, m’lady. I’m Quinn. *sticks out hand*

Little Brown Dog
                @howlingwolf

Ash: *hangs down from the tree and grins* Hey there. *She’s dressed in 1600’s clothing with a black hood and cape* // Cephas: *perched on the branch and chitters softly*

Daeus
                  @daeus

(from woods) *Sounds of ferocious snarling*

Rameaux: Are you hungry? Well so am I! *a cry of alarm*

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Little Brown Dog
                    @howlingwolf

Ash: *groans* Cephas, go see what’s the matter.

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy

Arianwen: *taking Quinn’s hand and bowing her head courteously* “Arianwen.”
                        *Glances around in amused concern, slips hand into folds of long blue mantle.* “Do you suppose that man is quite all right?” *Sees Anna* “My lady! Do you live”— *stops, frowns as ferocious snarling erupts from woods. “Excuse me a moment, Quinn.” *Draws long knife from folds of mantle, walks resolutely towards trees. “Sir, if I may…”

Daeus
                        @daeus

10 foot tall large headed short legged monster with three eyes and long teeth and a fury hide emerges from wood chasing Rameaux.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy

Arianwen freezes, turns white, grips knife until knuckles bloodless.

Little Brown Dog
                            @howlingwolf

Ash: *shakes head and drops down to the ground* *trusting her skill from handling Dragons, she runs toward the creature, roaring in a loud voice* *Her cape billows out behind her, giving the appearance of her being much bigger.*

Hope Ann
                              @hope
                                • Total Posts: 1092

*Anna steps from a group of trees, raises her pistol, and fires at the creature* *the creature collapses with a gasp* *Anna pauses, slowly looking over the rest of the group then frowns and slips her pistol back into her holster* “One shot gone and I’ve not been here five minutes. Anyone care to tell me what’s going on?”

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy

*Arianwen stares at beast with white, set face, sheathes knife, goes over and inspects beast as calmly as she can.* “To say truth, my lady,” *looking up at Anna* “I do not know. But if there are more of these beasts about, I would not find a prolonged adventure upon this isle pleasant. Dragons I can face. It is in my blood. But not nameless fiends.” *Glances about at rest of group.* “Do any here know where the nearest port may be found? Or are there no ships on this island?”

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >