Inspirational Songs and Music Videos

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Music Inspirational Songs and Music Videos

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
      • Total Posts: 3515

@anne-of-lothlorien I love all of the How to Train Your Dragon soundtracks. I think my favorite is Forbidden Friendship and Test Drive and The Vikings Have Their Tea and This Is Berk…and all of them. Ah, John Powell’s Dragon Songs are all awesome.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Sarah Hoven
      @sarah-h
        • Total Posts: 669

@anne-of-lothlorien

I Thought You Were Dead from Beyond the Mask

What is this? Is it a clip from the soundtrack?

Sarah Hoven
        @sarah-h

@anne-of-lothlorien

I Thought You Were Dead from Beyond the Mask

What is this? Is it a clip from the soundtrack?

Sarah Hoven
          @sarah-h

Hmm, I wonder what happened there…

Anne of Lothlorien
            @anne-of-lothlorien
              • Total Posts: 440

@Sarah-h The song I Thought You Were Dead is from the soundtrack to the movie. My brother owns it and it’s one of the most listened to songs on his laptop. That would be me. 🙂 It plays in the movie when Charlotte meets Will on the balcony after she thought he was dead, hence the title.

@Emma-flournoy
              Yes, The Last Goodbye. I cried for that one too after I finished watching the movie. Like, puffy face cry. Merry and Pippin can make me laugh one minute and break my heart the next. When they cry after they think Gandalf’s dead, I cried. When they fought in battle, I cried. When Pippin sang his son, I cried. When the one found the other on the battle field, I cried. Get the rhythm? And Sam too. When he was explaining heroes in stories to Frodo, I cried. And the saddest of all to me is when he is on Mount Doom with Frodo and says while he’s crying and remembering the Shire.

“Rosie Cotton dancing. She had ribbons in ‘er hair. If ever I was to marry someone, it would have been her. It would have been her.”

Seriously I am tearing up now. *goes away. come back with tissues* Okay. *sniff and deep breath* I can do this. (Anyone get the Veggietale reference but @corissa-maiden-of-praise ?)

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Emma Flournoy
              @emma-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 1352

@Anne-of-Lothlorien I SO know what you mean with all that Merry and Pippin and Sam stuff!! Totally with you there. I may not always actually tear up, but I feel it so much.

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

@anne-of-lothlorien VEGGIETALES!!! I got the reference to Larry the Cucumber. However, which episode is it from?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Sarah Hoven
                  @sarah-h

@Anna-of-lothlorien Oh. I guess I’ve been so caught up in the movie I haven’t even noticed the music. I’ll try and listen for it next time.

SleepwalkingMK
                    @sleepwalkingmk
                      • Total Posts: 179

Ooooo. I like this discussion.

@dragon-snapper
                      @anne-of-lothlorien I love the How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack! The only bad thing is that I get so into the music while I’m writing that I hear the words of the movie in my head 😛

@anne-of-lothlorien
                      Do you know if the Beyond the Mask soundtrack is available on YouTube? I searched it but didn’t get anything 🙁 I did notice the music was great when I watched the movie, though.

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

Mark Kamibaya
                      @mark-kamibaya
                        • Total Posts: 318

@anne-of-lothlorien @dragon-snapper @emma-flournoy @kate-flournoy

Ooh, soundtracks! I loove the How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack (literally nobody hates it, though). And personally I like The Last Goodbye better than Edge of Night but whatever. I keep on hearing about this Beyond the Mask thing and I feel so left out 🙁

Some of my favorite soundtrack tracks are:
                        Pirates of the Caribbean (this track has all the main themes)
                        “Time” from Inception puts you into a meditative state (Great for when you’re writing a death scene)
                        “What Are You Going To Do When You’re Not Saving The World?”
                        Cap’s Promise from Captain America: Civil War
                        Autobots Reunite (An epic track that you should listen to when anything cool happens in your story)

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy

@Mark-Kamibaya You like The Last Goodbye even though the movie was ruined for you? Wul good!
                          I was hoping so badly for a nice credit song, after hearing I See Fire on the second Hobbit movie (which I only listen to so I can laugh at how awful it is, and because I like the instrumentals. Apologies to anyone who likes that song… 😛 ), and I was so so glad when I heard this and how good it was. 😀
                          Oh yesss, the Pirates music is great.
                          And have you not watched Beyond the Mask?

@SleepwalkingMK
                          I searched too and couldn’t find any soundtrack stuff. 🙁

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy
                            • Total Posts: 3976

@Mark-Kamibaya I like them both in different ways. Edge of Night is a great pensive, brooding song. Last Goodbye is more of a bittersweet triumph; sad, but not sad, because even though you’re saying goodbye now, you’ll always have those memories. *sniffsniff* I need a tissue. @Anne-of-Lothlorien can I borrow some of yours?

Hope Ann
                            @hope
                              • Total Posts: 1092

@emma-flournoy What? I like I See Fire. Though, to be fair, I didn’t like it for quite awhile. The credit version is ok, but there are other versions of the song itself, by better voices, that I really like.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy

@Hope I’ve only heard the original version. Mebbe I should listen to a different one. But the voice is just too…yucky sounding! 😛 I don’t like his way of singing. What other version would you recommend? (Lemme guess—did Peter Hollens do one? 😀 )

Hope Ann
                                @hope
                                  • Total Posts: 1092

@emma-flournoy How did you guess? 😉 Yes, Peter Hollen’s does have a version I like, which you can listen to here. Then there is a group, Zyrah, who sings the song in a really cool way. It’s more dramatic and ‘epic’ then most versions. You can watch that one here.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >