*Insert interesting greeting here*

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE *Insert interesting greeting here*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    bethanys.inky.roses
    @bethanysinkyroses
      • Total Posts: 193

@graceofspades2017 Yes, yes, Aslan must be first. I know a family with a lot of little boys who are reading the Chronicles aloud for the first time. The boys call the books the Aslan books. They’re not too far from the truth, actually.
      Eustace is probably my favorite other character too-I just love his arc so much.

G. B. Carter
      @graceofspades2017
        • Total Posts: 81

@bethanysinkyroses Awwww, how sweet! That’s awesome, and too true that it’s not that far from what they actually are.

That’s exactly why I love Eustace’s character too! The arc is amazing.

Myers-Briggs Type (MBTI 🙂 ): INTP-T

Ethryndal
        @ethryndal
          • Total Posts: 1013

@graceofspades2017 Ah yes, the Wingfeather saga. I’ve read The Dark Sea of Darkness, but never managed to get the other two from the library. (This is what happens when you rely on your sister for library books. She will undoubtedly forget. 🙂 ) It wasn’t my favoritest book ever, (I thought the characters could do with a little more development) but I liked it, especially the prologue. “The evil was a nameless evil named Gnag the Nameless.” XD

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

G. B. Carter
          @graceofspades2017

@ethryndal Oh, it gets better. It gets much better. I would spoil it for you but I think you would like to read it for yourself. (The characters get more developed in the later novels. Also, there’s three other books aside from that one. Four in all.)

And yes, I loved that!! Haha! It made me laugh every time I read it. I also loved the random footnotes, like there was someone giving a commentary on the whole book. I found it quite amusing.

NC Stokes
            @daughteroftheking
              • Total Posts: 1156

DID SOMEONE SAY WIGNFEATHER SAGA?!?!?!?!?!?!? *tries not to explode with happiness* That is my favorite series ever! *high-fives @graceofspades2017*

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

G. B. Carter
              @graceofspades2017

@DaughterOfTheKing *BLOWS UP*
                OH MY GOODNESS YAY!!!!!! ANOTHER PERSON I CAN LOVE THOSE BOOKS WITH
                *high fives back*
                I JUST finished the books last Thursday and they were BEAUTIFUL. Have you finished them??

NC Stokes
                @daughteroftheking

@graceofspades2017 YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!! I’m so glad you like them! Yes, I’ve finished them…and re-read them… and re-re-read them… XD The ending of the fourth book nearly makes my head explode every time. What did you think of the ending? Who was your favorite character? (I feel like I’m interrogating you lol)

G. B. Carter
                  @graceofspades2017

@daughteroftheking Oh darling you are not interrogating me. I have been wanting to talk about these books with somebody ever since I finished. My family is reading them and THEY’RE NOT FINISHED SO I CAN’T SAY ANYTHING *internal screaming*

And yes. THE ENDING THOUGH *sobs* *hugs the book*

The ending was the most beautiful, tear-invoking, agonizing end to any book I’ve ever read. EVER. I admit that I cried… but I also cried at the end of the third book, so. XD *shame face* (Though I totally cried harder on the last book.)

My favorite character is Artham because man his story is just so stinking amazing. Or Janner. Either of the throne wardens. I sympathize with both of them because I’m an oldest child, too. Those stories struck me so hard because it made me realize just how important being an oldest sibling is.

Give me chills every time.

Gracie
                    @graciegirl
                      • Total Posts: 889

@GraceofSpades2017 Okay, let me first say that I think you’re tag is super awesome. XD
                      And with that outta the way…welcome to the Kingdom! This place is amazing, and trust me, it only gets better the more you see of it.
                      I’ve actually never read the Hunger Games, but from what I hear, I think I would end up joining you and @Ethryndal in the ranks of the departed.
                      Storks, hmm? That movie continually turns me upside-down. I only saw half of it, and I’ve never cared for that kind of humor. But at the end I got all teary-eyed. How in the world did that happen?! XD Ah, well.
                      And a Thinker cousin! (I’m an INFP. 😉 ). You know, just between you and me (and anyone who reads this, so I guess a lot of people 😜 ), I’ve always thought that I’d like to be an INTP if I couldn’t be INFP. I love all the types in their own way, but INTPs really interest me with how they’re so similar yet so different from INFPs. Bah, I’m rambling. 😀 I’m an MBTI fanatic, can’t you tell?
                      Welp, once again, welcome! Read ya around!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Gracie.

*is probably geeking out about something*

NC Stokes
                      @daughteroftheking

@graceofspades2017 I love Artham!! I am the oldest kid in my family, too. I like to refer to myself as the throne warden and by brother as the king 😛 I cried at the end of all the books. *smiles weakly*
                        Not being able to tell your family any spoilers sounds so frustrating! I have friend who is also reading the books, and it’s all I can do not to warn her about which characters not to get attached to. Which book was your favorite?

Josiah DeGraaf
                        @aratrea
                          • Total Posts: 717

Welcome to the site, @graceofspades2017! Great to see another fantasy lover. Haven’t read Wingfeather Saga yet, but it’s on my reading list for this summer!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

G. B. Carter
                          @graceofspades2017

@graciegirl Haha why thank you! 🙂 (And I think most people would end up dying in the Hunger Games. XD
                            I know, Storks is one of my favorite movies because it’s got such a great message behind it. I got teary-eyed at the end as well. XD I like family stuff, haha~
                            AH THAT’S SO COOL! Feeling cousin! *high-fives* INFPs are awesome! I’ve actually taken the test (ahem) many many times and while I usually end up getting INTP, I have gotten INFP before as well. I don’t know if that would qualify me as a MBTI fanatic, but I am super interested in them as well. (I like to look online to see what characters/people have the same personality type as me, heh. XD)
                            Thank you for the welcome!~ 😀

@daughteroftheking
                            Oh my goodness I actually do that too!! That’s so crazy. I actually wrote in the books that they belong to “G. B. Carter, Throne Warden of *insert town I live in.* (Heh) And the second in my family in a boy so I call him the High King, but the third is also a boy, so he’s actually just a Song Master. XD The rest of my siblings are just Lore Waivers (is that what you call them??). That is so awesome that someone else in the world does that besides me! Ha!
                            And EXACTLY. Ohdhsfhsdha I want to tell my family so bad, but alas. *Sigh*
                            My favorite out of them would probably either be the first because it was a little more light-hearted and fun, or the last because you get to see all of the knots tie together in one epic finish~

@aratrea
                            Thank you! 🙂 I don’t think you will be disappointed by them. They’re really good. 😀

Emma Flournoy
                            @emma-flournoy
                              • Total Posts: 1352

@Grace0fSpades2017 Hyyeeeeeeeeee! Just so you know, if you’re an INTP you’re the most unusual one I’ve ever encountered. XD If you’ll forgive my saying so. You seem more like an INFP or ENFP. Really ENFP, but since you’ve come out INFP before I suppose that’s more likely. But…since you love people… *shrug* BUT WELCOME HERE!

And for your and @Ethryndal’s information, I know for a fact that the Bestistest Place on the Internet tradition originated with @Daeus. He said it once, and then everyone started saying it, and now it’s a competition to see who can say it first to newcomers. 😀

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 1352

Eh…lessee. @GraceofSpades2017

G. B. Carter
                                @graceofspades2017

@emma-flournoy XDDD Yeah, that’s probably true. I’m not very self-knowledgeable, aha, so when I take those tests I’m like “oh I’d probably do that” when I actually do the complete opposite. XD

Aha! So that’s where the term comes from! Thank you for that bit of info. 😛 I’ll be on the lookout for opportunities…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >