*Insert interesting greeting here*

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE *Insert interesting greeting here*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    G. B. Carter
    @graceofspades2017
      • Total Posts: 81

*peeks head out from behind bushes, hair filled with leaves and twigs*

Um… Hello, world.

I’m G. B. Carter, and I am an author! 🙂 Or I want to be. I don’t have a blog or anything where I can publish my works, but I’m working on it.

Not sure what else to say… well, I just discovered that one can introduce one’s self to this lovely forum today. I’ve been kind of lurking around on the skirts of the Kingdom[pen.org] since I started a week ago. You may or may not have seen me. Either way’s cool.

Here are a few things about me if you’re curious:
      – I’m a girl (though that is probably completely obvious, I thought I might as well specify).
      – I am not a serious writer. I like to write as a hobby, because if I treat it seriously, it stresses me out. I have found that I write a lot more if I don’t treat it seriously. Kind of a reverse psychology.
      – I really like people. 🙂 And from what I’ve seen you guys all seem awesome.
      – I think that most cliches are true, but I still don’t like to use them unless I specify that they are cliches, which isn’t very cliche.
      – My favorite things to talk about are deep things, like what you would do if you were in the Hunger Games or if you could use one word how would you describe yourself or what is your favorite character quality. Small talk (i.e. talking about the weather) isn’t very entertaining in my opinion.
      – I’ve wanted to be an author since I was, like, four. I went through a year-or-two long phase where I wanted to be scuba diver or a world traveler or something like that, but now I’m back to wanting to be an author. Thus, my presence here. 🙂
      – I have this nasty habit of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. If that should happen, please forgive me. Harm was not intended.
      – I am not a book worm. I am a book DRAGON!
      – I adore the fantasy genre and love books like the Wingfeather saga and the Chronicles of Narnia and I’m exciting about reading the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings even though I haven’t yet.

Aaaand that’s pretty much it. 🙂

Byeeeeeee

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by G. B. Carter.
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by G. B. Carter.

Myers-Briggs Type (MBTI 🙂 ): INTP-T

Ethryndal
      @ethryndal
        • Total Posts: 1013

@graceofspades2017 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! (GUYS. I said it first!!! I”m so proud of myself.)

I think I’ve seen you hanging around the art topic. Your stuff is very cool. And since you’re a dragon, I recommend talking to @dragon-snapper. (She’s our forum Security Dragon.) The rules are simple: No melting people. Everything else is arguable. 😉

So, fantasy, eh? I’m assuming that’s primarily what you write. Ever read the Hundred Cupboards by N.D. Wilson? (READ LotR. It’s amazing. Though I’m sure you already know that…)

And if I were in the Hunger Games, I would die. Just so you know. 🙂

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

G. B. Carter
        @graceofspades2017

@ethryndal I’m assuming the term “bestistest” is a thing here. XD That is awesome and it makes me grin at my computer screen.

Thank you! And yes, I am a thorough dragon. 😀 Security dragon? That is the coolest thing ever. And duly noted about the rules. I will do my best to restrain myself. Heheheh

And yes it is! Primarily. I used to do a lot of modern superhero stuff before I found my love for the fantasy genre. And I actually have read that book!! My uncle introduced it to me. I’ve actually only met one other person besides you who has read that book, so this is cool. 😀 (I love N. D. Wilson’s stuff, including his non-fiction books. Ever read the book Death by Living or Notes from the Tilt-a-whirl? They’re really stupendous.)

Me too. 😛 Thank goodness it isn’t real. *shudder*

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

@graceofspades2017 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

I really don’t think there’s anything so helpful to a writer as a forum like this. You’ll love it, as I see you already do. I think everybody on here will testify that the community on here has been key in their writing growth.

And…are you an ENFJ?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

G. B. Carter
            @graceofspades2017

@daeus Hurrah! Since my time on here I actually have been growing. In fact, I just finished a short story today! Progress! 👌

And sadly, no. 😂 I take that quiz periodically and I’m an INTP. Of course, there is definitely room for a margin of error. I’m not really sure I know myself enough to trust my answers, bahaha.

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper
                • Total Posts: 3515

@graceofspades2017 Greetings, fellow dragon! Always nice to see more dragons. What type of dragon are you? I’m a dragon snapper. There’s really only one of those. 😛 Oh yeah, try not melt people. Very important. Sometimes I melt chairs and phones, but hey, whatever works. 😛
                What’s your favorite movie?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
                @daeus
                  • Total Posts: 4238

@graceofspades2017 lol. I should stop guessing people’s personality types. If I think through it, I’m always wrong. I can only ever get people’s types when I’m minding my own business and my brain randomly tells me what so-and-so is.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

G. B. Carter
                  @graceofspades2017

@dragon-snapper Haha awesome!! Just so you know, I’m definitely not going to try and compete with you on levels of dragon-ness. A security dragon must be very powerful indeed. I’ll just be a quiet side dragon. 😛 (Or we can be crime fighting dragon buddies. Either/or~)

I am a book dragon! Or a sea dragon. Either of those. I like reading and swimming so I guess I could be both~ (though, reading and swimming at the same time may prove troublesome, unless I have waterproof books. People should make those.) What’s a dragon snapper? Is it a dragon that snaps at things? Or is a dragon that snaps at dragons? 😛 (I hope it’s not the latter, because I could be in for some trouble if it is. Hehehh)

And I promise I will try not to melt people. 😀

Oooh favorite movie! Good question! 😀 I’m not sure. I have a lot. Right now, though, the ones that come to my head are (1) Storks and (2) Earth to Echo. They’re both really, really good. Have you seen them? What’s your favorite movie?

G. B. Carter
                    @graceofspades2017

@daeus Haha! Well, no worries. Feel no shame because I’m guilty of making the very same mistake. The MBTI personality types have always interested me so I’m always taking guesses on what people are. And I’m usually wrong. XD

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper
                        • Total Posts: 3515

@graceofspades2017 Um…a dragon snapper is me. I’m not really sure what it does, because I’ve never personally met another dragon face to face. You see, as we talk here, there’s a computer screen between us. 😛
                        AAAAHHH! Storks is the bestest movie ever. Great movie.
                        I haven’t seen Earth to Echo, though.
                        My favorite movie??? Oh boy. I always ask people what their favorite movie is, when I have no idea what mine is. 😛 Ummm… Here are a few. 1) Storks 2) The Secret Life of Walter Mitty 3) Maleficent…those aren’t in order. 😛

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

bethanys.inky.roses
                        @bethanysinkyroses
                          • Total Posts: 193

@graceofspades2017 Greetings, fellow scribbler! I was confused by the term “bestistest” when I first introduced myself a few weeks ago. You’ll soon agree with everyone that the Kingdom really is one of the best places on the Internet. 🙂
                          What is your favorite character in Narnia?

G. B. Carter
                          @graceofspades2017

@dragon-snapper Ah, yes, very true! A satisfying answer. I’ll keep in mind that a Dragon Snapper is you and you are a Dragon Snapper.

YES! Storks is the bestest movie! I’m glad I’m not the only person in the world who loves it. I’ve asked many a person and they all seemed much less enthusiastic about it than I do. 😛

Aww I like all those movies too! I haven’t seen the Secret Life of Walter Mitty in a while. I need to watch it again.

G. B. Carter
                            @graceofspades2017

@bethanysinkyroses Haha! I was confused by it up to the point of today. I guess it’s just a descriptive word that the genius writers of the Kingdom[pen.org] came up with.
                              My favorite character would probably be Aslan, even though that’s kind of a given. 😛 Aside from that, Edmund or Eustace (or however you spell his name). But I love all of the characters. What’s yours? 😀

Ethryndal
                              @ethryndal
                                • Total Posts: 1013

@graceofspades2017 Heh, yeah, bestistest is a thing. Don’t ask me how it got started, because we’ve all tried to figure that out at least once and never succeeded. 🙂

HURRAH! I don’t know anyone who’s read THC either. (At least, I don’t think I do…) I haven’t read any of his other books yet, but my aunt just lent me most of them. I’m finishing up The Chestnut King as we speak.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

G. B. Carter
                                @graceofspades2017

@ethryndal Duly noted. 😛 I’m now excited to look for an opportunity to use it. I’ll by slithering around seeking for opportunities… *backs into shadow eerily*

Awesome!! I can’t exactly remember what happened, but I know I really liked the series. Hopefully you do too. 😀 Have you ever read the Wingfeather saga?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >