Informal Survey

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

@rochellaine No, I appreciated your answer.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Skredder
      @skredder
        • Total Posts: 527

@daeus I would very much like to reach thousands of readers with my books. But if I don’t, then it’s not the end of the world and I will be happy with those I did reach.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

…Oh, I see why you didn’t tag me.  It’s because I said it wasn’t the most important thing to me, and so the second question doesn’t really apply. 😀

@daeus

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
          @jenwriter17
            • Total Posts: 2522

@daeus I’m kinda in between. I want to be an established author, but I’m not crazy about spending most of my time spreading the news about my book (but I know there’s some marketing involved in being an author)

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
            www.jennaterese.com

Kaya Young
            @kaya-young
              • Total Posts: 272

@daeus I would like to become an established author, but in terms of a career I feel that God has called me to be a missionary. I view writing as an extension of that. I would like for thousands of people to read what I write (if it’s any good) but it’s not my main goal.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Kaya Young.

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
              http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper
                • Total Posts: 3515

@daeus Absolutely. One of my goals is to become published. And I am vigorously trying to get contracted before college.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
                @daeus
                  • Total Posts: 4238

Thanks everyone!

You may be wondering what my goal was with this. I had a theory that most writers like you want to make an impact (you seem to agree), but that at the same time they fear being a professional author will be too hard for them and so they don’t treat themselves completely seriously. I didn’t phrase the question for that one perfectly, but it appears more of you are serious than I thought! 😀

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

ClaireC
                  @clairec
                    • Total Posts: 628

@daeus, sorry I didn’t see this till now. You probably already have enough answers, but I’ll do it anyway. 😉

Absolutely, but, and this ties in with the second question, as I believe someone maybe already mentioned, writing is a secondary career path for me at present; a hobby, if you will. I love it very much, would like to impact culture and show people Christ, but I also believe that God has given me other skills and interests, along with more prevalent ministry opportunities.

Hope that makes sense. 🙂

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

MNValentine
                    @mnvalentine
                      • Total Posts: 123

@daeus Yes I would love to become an established author 😀 I’m less afraid of publicity and work (although I’m extremely introverted) as I am of my writing going downhill if people start saying it’s good… But I dream of writing for a living and having some kind of fanbase. In reality, a couple hundred readers would probably satisfy me. And yes, the thought is at the same time a little terrifying.

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Catwing
                      @catwing
                        • Total Posts: 2557

@daeus I am late… But I am here.
                        First. I haven’t really thought about impacting the culture a lot. Mostly just people’s lives.
                        Second. Yes, I do want to reach people. Make them think. Challenge them. Point them in the right direction (to Christ).

Your last post does seem to sum it up.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice
                          • Total Posts: 3365

@daeus

Yes, I do want to make a difference on the culture with my writing, not only on the secular publishing market, but on the Christian one as well, because I rarely enjoy anything I read in either of those (though there are novels I do love in both).

I feel my ultimate calling by God, is, like @kaya-young to become a missionary, however, I feel that God has given me a passion for writing for a reason, I would like to have my novels published and I will definitely do my best to keep writing for the rest of my life. I am actively editing and looking at publishers at the moment too. 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@daeus Actually, after reading everyone else’s answers I want to clarify.  I already have self-published seven books and am in the process of publishing another.  I have very good reviews from several of the many purchasers of my first six books. (I’ve sold over a hundred books.)  So, though as @clairec said, writing is more of a hobby for me than a steady job, I am actively pursuing the advertising and selling part of my life as a writer, rather than just writing for fun.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper
                              • Total Posts: 3515

@daeus XD Yep. I am extremely determined. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

Oh, great!  I just realized that sounded like a big advertisement!  Well, it can’t be, because none of you know who I am! 😀  I was just trying to explain that I actually am more interested and invested in my writing than it sounds from my first post here.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

ClaireC
                                @clairec
                                  • Total Posts: 628

@rochellaine,  7 books???!!!???

Wow.

I’m gonna go eat ice cream and cry in my closet now.

And maybe do some writing. 😉

I just finished a term and a bit’s worth of science, history and math in one week, so writing hasn’t been remotely feasible. I’ll be back to it a bit more now, but I start more schoolwork on Monday, so…

yeah.

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >