Illustrations and Personal Opinions Regarding Them

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Illustrations and Personal Opinions Regarding Them

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976
      Anne Swiftblade
      @anne-swiftblade
        • Total Posts: 84

Well, @i-j-anderson, I have a love for children’s books with tons of fun colorful pictures 😉
        (@daeus I love that picture book idea!)
        However in other books I prefer a small amount of black and white drawing. Not too much color for me 😛 But I love pictures so they don’t really bother me.

Joy Mastron
        @i-j-anderson
          • Total Posts: 81

@daeus @kate-flournoy I think they’re just called comic books. Or graphic novels.Some of my favorite graphic novels are actually by Sparknote’s No Fear Shakespeare series. The Hamlet is hands down one of my favorites, I’m a sucker for Shakespeare. @sarah-h I don’t really know. When I think of illustrated chapter books, I think of The Mysterious Benedict Society, whose illustrations aren’t necessarily great, but they’re whimsical and fun too look at in the beginning of each chapter, and the old American Girl books that have maybe three of four really well done illustrations in each book. The thing that I like in each of those series is that the they give you portraits to go off of, be it simple or complex.

Ethryndal
          @ethryndal
            • Total Posts: 1013

@i-j-anderson I personally like illustrations, if they’re done well, though too often I pick up a book with illustrations that look like they were done by a four year old. (You know, blobby noses, faces that are basically just a circle, and pathetic backgrounds)

Or the illustrator paid absolutely no attention to the author’s descriptions. Like, a character that clearly did NOT have a beard suddenly looks like Santa Claus.

But if it’s a really good artist that did the pictures, I actually enjoy finding them all and studying them. I’m an artist myself, and intend to illustrate all my books. (Hey, the readers can’t get mad at you for drawing something different than what they imagined, because you created it in the first place!)

So, yeah.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >