I Need a Title

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien
      • Total Posts: 440

Okay, so I’m working on this sad short story written in first person. It’s a lady who one day watches a young boy swinging in a tree. He’s singing made up little songs about fairies and things, but when he sees her, he changes to a song about Jesus. She is not a Christian, and when she asks him about what he’s singing, he tells her in his childish way about Him. She goes away and goes through some conversion repenting process that i haven’t quite figure out yet, and then she returns to thank the little boy for telling her about God. But she finds out he died a few weeks ago and the story ends with her at his grave singing a song for him since he was so fond of singing. The influential points are the swing, the boy, and the songs, and how he led her to God in an indirect way. So I want a title that fits well with the story, but doesn’t give too much away, but I am completely stumped. So if you could help me with a title (I hope I gave you enough information) I would appreciate it so much!

@corissa-maiden-of-praise
      @Daeus @dragon-snapper @hope-ann @Bluejay Somebody tag some others please.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@hope @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @Julia-r @clairec @winter-rose @overcomer @rolena-hatfield @anne-swiftblade @spradlin @aratrea @his-instrument @ingridrd @gretald @jadamae @Christi-eaton @jess @aella
        @anyone-else
        Hrrm…we-ell…here are some suggestions that come to mind.
        The Song
        The Song of Truth
        Singer-Saver
        Swing, Sing and Save
        For Him
        Song of the Savior
        Any of these? And if not, let me know and I’ll brainstorm some more.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

I’ll fly away (just thinking of the swing.)

hmm… may have to think on this more.

Just a random note: make sure you work hard on backstory because conversions normally take place within a context and it’s hard to set that context within the limited space of a short story without putting a lot of effort into the backstory.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Ingrid
          @ingridrd
            • Total Posts: 830

I thought of Song of the Savior right away, @dragon-snapper. I like that one best, @anne-of-lothlorien. Something else like Song of Salvation could work nicely too. This sounds like a beautiful story!

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

@Anne-of-Lothlorien hm… ‘Out of the Mouths of Children’? Okay, that may be a little long and a little obvious… 😛

I really like @Daeus’s ‘I’ll Fly Away’.

Aaaaaand I’m drawing a blank. I’ll let you know if I think of anything else though.

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper
                • Total Posts: 3515

I’ll Fly Away sounds like the song…anyone know what I’m talking about? 🙂

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Jess
                @jess
                  • Total Posts: 575

Swing Low? As in the song?
                  I’m terrible at names…

Emma Flournoy
                  @emma-flournoy
                    • Total Posts: 1352

@Dragon-Snapper I think @Daeus meant it as a reference to that song. 🙂

@Anne-of-Lothlorien
                    , I think that would be a really good one, with “I’ll Fly Away” being the song the boy sings.

Hannah
                    @aella
                      • Total Posts: 160

My brain is blank, sorry! “Swing Low” or “I’ll Fly Away” could work, but as a reader, I’d feel a little cheated if neither song ended up actually being sung/written in at all, is my only note on the above. Hope you can find one!

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 1486

@anne-of-lothlorien Oh that does sound sad. I can’t think of anything at this moment (I’m really bad at titles), but if I do I will let you know. Good luck with your story!

BlueJay
                        @bluejay
                          • Total Posts: 1622

@anne-of-lothlorien How about “The Song” or “The Swing”?

Sarah Hoven
                          @sarah-h
                            • Total Posts: 669

@anne-of-lothlorien “I’ll Fly Away” is my favorite one.

Anne of Lothlorien
                            @anne-of-lothlorien
                              • Total Posts: 440

@ingridrd @Daeus @Sarah-h @dragon-snapper everyone else who said something…
                              I have decided to pick “I’ll Fly Away” as my title. @Daeus, as soon as you said that, it clicked as the perfect title. Thank you very much kind sir. And I will remember what you said about conversion back-story

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 1352

@Anne-of-Lothlorien

I like that one. 🙂

Kina Lamb
                                @kina-lamb
                                  • Total Posts: 162

@anne-of-lothlorien I know you already have a title and all that, but I just have to say that I was reading your first post on this thread, and the story brought tears to my eyes! That is such a sweet story idea! And I love the title, “I’ll Fly Away,” it fits so perfectly, I agree. 😀 Good job @daeus! 👍

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >