I need a character's name! + other stuff ;D

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques I need a character's name! + other stuff ;D

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    photobloggergal
    @photobloggergal
      • Total Posts: 28

@sam-kowal! Hi! Nice to meet you 🙂 🙂 🙂

I love photography! My lenses are: 75-300 zoom, 50mm, and 18-55! Almost the exact same as your brother’s! I’ve been looking into more advanced lenses lately, but they’re SO expensive! I guess I’ll just have to wait for Black Friday sales and stuff LOL 😉

Thanks! I really like looking at that spiderweb pic! Isn’t it funny how we awe over our own photos? 🙂

Sam Kowal
      @sam-kowal
        • Total Posts: 635

@photobloggergal

😀 That’s really neat! They are almost exactly the same, I guess that’s because most photographers need the standard lenses the most. I mean, If you ONLY had a 75-300 it’d be kinda hard to get a nice close up, but they’re essential for the long zoom.

Yeah, lenses are not cheap by any means. My brother’s been trying to find them on eBay, and he has found some pretty good deals. Trouble is, he always gets outbid at the last second by someone else.

😀 😀 that is funny. I think sometimes its because we did something in the photo with the camera, or the lighting, or the setup that we know about from photography stuff, and a lot of other people don’t. My brother’ll be like, “Look, I changed the ISO on that one and other people’ll be like, “Oh…that’s awesome. Um, what’s ISO? 😀

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
        Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1330

@photobloggergal Wow! Sonya’s really good!

Aaaw thanks so much. We might be entering a contest in May, but we would probably be the youngest group so we wouldn’t really have a chance of winning. 😀

The Narnia movies are awesome. You should definitely read the rest of the Chronicles. 🙂 Have you read any of the Ascendance Trilogy? I’m reading the first one right now and so far I loooove it! 😉 Yeah, I just finished it. It’s so thought provoking!

Good for you! I do too…not sure if that’s a good thing or not, but…

Those names are gorgeous! I especially like Savannah. My favorites are Amy, Molly, and Katalina. I’m also really bad with boys names, but my favorite are probably Joshua, Samuel, and Riley.

For name combos, I like Amy Rose, Molly Grace, Katalina Morgan, Joshua Lance, Samuel Evan, and Riley Kade.

Do y’all ever take any long car trips? If you do, what do you bring to do in the car?

P.S., I’m subscribed to your blog. I heard about your grandpa. I’m really sorry about that. I kind of know what that’s like. I’ll be praying for you guys.

photobloggergal
          @photobloggergal

@emily. Aww, thanks Emily. Really appreciate you praying for us! It’s amazing how many people I’ve never met in real life are praying for us! Especially my dear blog readers <3 🙂 🙁

I’ve never read the Ascendance Trilogy, but I’ll look it up on our library website! Do you like to read an actual book or a digital? (like on Kindle Paperwhite etc.)

Since we have so many little ones it’s hard for us to do long car trips, but this past summer we did go to Illinois for my cousin’s wedding. We have a car movie player so we binge watched Little House on the Prairie and some Tim Hawkins. Have you ever heard of him? He’s a clean Christian comedian and HILARIOUS!! 🙂 Other than that, we usually read, color, and the little guys play little games. 🙂

How about you? I’m not a great car reader, I usually get sick though. I’m pretty content looking out the window as well.

What have you been up too?

The funeral for my grandfather is this Friday. <3 <3 <3

photobloggergal
            @photobloggergal

@sam-kowal! Haha, totally get the photographer memo! I’ll also be like, “Yeah, look at this 50mm lens I just got!” and my older brother will be like. “Um… cool?” 🙂

Just wondering, is Sam your full name? Wasn’t sure if it was short for something. Like I sometimes go by Dassah short for Hadassah. Aren’t nicknames great? 🙂

Anonymous

@photobloggergal Of course. Yeah, it’s kind of neat. I usually like to read actual books. I love the smell of pages (I know, I’m weird). I don’t mind Kindle or ibooks, but I’d prefer an actual book.

We have a dvd player in our car too. We enjoy watching movies. I love Tim Hawkins. He’s great.

I can sometimes read in the car, but not often. On hilly roads I get really carsick, but on straighter roads I can read, as long as I don’t have my head buried in a book for too long. XD

Usually I don’t enjoy just looking out the window, but this time it was ok. (We just got back from a vacation involving a 10 hour drive :P) I like listening to audiobooks and Country/Bluegrass music on my Mom’s nano.

We haven’t been doing much recently except for school and our vacation. We set up our Christmas stuff today and decorated our tree, which was fun. I’ve been working on my novel and reading the Ascendance Trilogy. I’ve got to wait for the next two books to come in, though, so that’s driving me nuts. 😀 How about you?

Do you enjoy listening to audiobooks, audio dramas, or podcasts? What are your favorites? I like Jonathan Park, the Brinkman Adventures, and (my absolute favorite) Heirloom Audio Productions. They’re all really good. Especially Heirloom Audio Productions *fangirls* 😀

photobloggergal
                @photobloggergal

Hi @emily! Sorry it’s taking me so long to write back to you! 😛

My grandfather’s funeral was Friday, and it’s really hard 🙁 But we’re blessed to know that we’re going to see him one day soon! 🙂

Since the past couple weeks have been crazy, we haven’t even began to decorate for Christmas. Hopefully we’ll have it up by the end of this week though 🙂

I am looking forward to Christmas very much! Though it’ll be hard for us without my Grandfather, especially my Grandma, it’ll be such a blessing with all of the family and presents and knowing the Jesus is the Reason for the Season! 🙂

Also, this Friday is our friend’s annual Christmas sort-of talent show. Everyone gets to participate, and my brother and I are doing a duet on their piano. 🙂

I love listening to audio dramas! I especially LOVED Little Women audio drama (https://www.amazon.com/Little-Women-Audio-Family-Theatre/dp/B00EA0DJ2M) and we listen to Adventures in Odyssey almost every night. Have you heard of it? (whitsend.org)

Oh! And I love Jonathan Park! We don’t listen to it very often, but it’s great, isn’t it? 🙂

What are you doing for Christmas? 🙂

Anonymous

@photobloggergal No worries. I’ve been a little behind on KP recently too.

At least you have that assurance. Yeah, I understand that.

Christmas is such a great season. I’ll keep praying for you. 🙁

That sounds like fun! That type of thing is always so enjoyable. We just did a Christmas play at our church co-op. That was fun. 😀

Oh yeah, little women is fun. I’ve listened to a couple adventures in Odyssey. They’re fun. 🙂

Have you listened to Heirloom Audio Adventures (http://www.heirloomaudio.com/)? They’re so much fun! My absolute favorite audio drama ever! 😛

We’re aren’t doing much for Christmas this year. Just a private family celebration. My grandparents were going to come, but they had to cancel. We’re doing a Christmas party with all of the grandkids that live near us on Friday. And we’re having a few people from our church over a few days after Christmas. How about you guys?

I’m so excited to get off of school next week! *throws confetti and sets off fireworks* Are y’all getting off of school?

photobloggergal
                    @photobloggergal

@emily!
                      Sorry getting back to you is a little late… Christmas has me at my best and my worst LOL!! 🙂

For Christmas we’re going to our aunt and uncle’s house since they just moved to Ohio an hour away from us! It’s such a blessing to have them closer than 8 hours or more, since they lived in Illinois before, and Kansas before that!! :0

I’m absolutley dying for Christmas to get here! At first when Christmas season came, I didn’t feel excited. My grandfather had just passed away, I was heartbroken and miserable, and I felt “too old” for it. But now that it’s SEVEN days away it’s like… “AIIEEEEE!!! PRESENTS!!” Lol. Okay, not JUST presents. His Birthday too ;D

What have you been up too? What do you want for Christmas? Oh, and I would like to send you a Christmas card, is there anyway you could give me your address? 🙂

Have a blessed day!! <3

Anonymous

@photobloggergal Yeah, I kind of get that. We don’t get presents for Christmas here. My parents believe that it kind of distracts from the true meaning of Christmas. Some people still give us presents, though. My grandparents gave me a gorgeous journaling Bible (yes, I opened it before Christmas XD).

I’ve been working on my novel mostly. And reading a really good trilogy. It’s called “The Remnant Trilogy”. It’s basically a narrative of what pre-flood world and the flood itself may have looked like for Noah. I’d highly recommend it. They just put the first one out and I’m loving it so far. 😀 I’m a book addict. 😛 Btw, have you read “The Ascendance Trilogy”? That is my FAVORITE BOOK SERIES EVER!!!!! *starts to fangirl wildly*

Christmas break starts today!!!! *screams and runs around in circles*. I love Christmas break!!! I can’t wait to have more time to write my novel. 😀 😀 😀

Do you have any WIP’s going right now? I started my first novel. I’m on the 4th chapter so that’s a pretty big accomplishment for me. 😛

I would love to send you my address, but unfortunately, my mom doesn’t think it’s the safest thing to do.

What are your favorite books? Mine are The Ascendance Trilogy (duh), The Remnant Trilogy (double duh), and The Baker Family Adventures.

photobloggergal
                        @photobloggergal

@emily!

I am so so so so so so sorry I have not replied back to you!! Eekkkkkk, it’s been forever! I formally apologize from disappearing from KP- my past 2 months have been crazy! :0

So how was your Christmas break? Mine was good, besides getting sick 3 times over it, including the flu… 🙁

My Christmas was good too! I’d never heard of anyone not celebrating Christmas, but my family definitely does put the Christ in Christmas. We don’t get TOO many presents either 🙂

Yes! I’m writing a book called, “Unexpected Surprises,” (tho I feel like I needs I different title) and it’s about a man who’s wife died 2 months before due to cancer and he has to take care of his 7 children, ages ranging from 2-16. Later in the book, he meets a woman who lost her husband a year before, and she has three kids. They’ll eventually get married. After working on it for probably five weeks now, I think I’m on chapter 6. I usually go much much faster than that, but I  have been so busy!!! :p

I also wrote four books over the summer, two novels, one half novel, and a short story. I am actually getting a book (my 1st novel) published on Amazon Kindle soon, and I am sooo so excited!! It’s called, “The Summer of Eleanor Maglina,” and my plan is to have it published before April 😀

Oh, and that question I asked a while back in November, about finding a baby on the doorstep? I finished that book. What’s driving me crazy right now is trying to REMEMBER what I named the baby!! But she’s a girl, and the couple are named Tara & Charles. They just got married, went to Paris for their honeymoon, and then moves to NYC for Charles’ job in a videography company. They find the baby girl on New Year’s Eve, and they eventually adopt her. The day they adopt here is the very last chapter, and that’s right when Tara tells Charles she’s pregnant! Then the book ends. 🙂 I admit it. I’m a cliffhanger 😀

Oh! I haven’t read any of the trilogies you mentioned, but I’ll look them up on Kindle! They sound fun. My favorite books are classics mostly. Secret Garden, Little Women, and I also love the Moody Family series by Sarah Maxwell. (I got the rest of the series for Christmas, and read them in like, a week! :D)

As I said, so sorry I haven’t gotten back to you until now! I hope you’re healthy and  happy. 🙂

Hadassah

Sam Kowal
                          @sam-kowal
                            • Total Posts: 635

@photobloggergal 😀 Nice to have you back here

Stan the dragon has been wanting his photo taken, but I keep telling him that that’s… not really possible over the internet

I wanted to tell you, too, @emily and @shannon are taking a hiatus from Kingdom Pen for awhile, because I saw that you had come back. So don’t be alarmed if you can’t find them. They’re gonna be gone for a few months, I think. 🙁

Shannon has a notification up on her profile. They’ll be back before too long, I hope

XD And no, Sam isn’t my full name. My full name is actually Samual, like Samuel but spelled with an A at the end and not an E. Because I’m strange 😀

Sorry I actually never answered that

And yeah, nicknames are great :D. Stan is actually a nickname for my dragon, his full name is down in my signature

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                            Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

photobloggergal
                            @photobloggergal

@sam-kowal. Ugg! I did it again. Sorry for not getting back to you! :p
                              I’m sorry to hear that Emily and Shannon are going to be gone for awhile. I’ll miss ’em! 🙁

That’s a cool name! In our family, all of us have unique-ish names. For instance, my little sister is named Marija with a j, except it’s silent. I think it’s how you spell it in Dutch or Russian or something 😉

So, Stan’s your on-the-internet friend dragon? That’s fun. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >